Turn To Face

• «
  • 1 (current)

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

How much do I have to donate to this server to get rid of this shitty ass setting?

If someone could provide me a list of pros regarding this setting I would be more than happy to consider your side of the argument.

It honestly just seems like a pointless setting to have on a game of this type.

If I want to get to a certain square and someone else happens to be standing on it then I have to click on the other side of them until I walk through them and then click that square to stop walking.

I know this issue only really rears its head during the level 3 events and probably just from me... although I know there are a couple other people at least who share the sentiment. But it would add a level of randomness to the survival events while still maintaining some survival skills.

Drop parties with many people are a fucking nightmare to try to walk around in. For example Mouse's drop party was packed wall to wall and next to impossible to walk around and position yourself in squares you think an item would be in.

I'm sure others have different reasons for wanting rid of Turn To Face other than just the level 3 survival stuff and the fact that it's obnoxious as fuck when I can't stand somewhere because someone else is already there.

Player avatar

B0nker Send PM

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

There are no pros to turn-to-face.

The whole feel of the game just isnt right anymore, atleast not to me and several others

Feels like we're moving towards more of a shitty android game playable on PC, rather than a PC game playable on Android in my honest opinion sad

This^^^

Even when I do have time these days, I won't log in here because of the client, it negatively effects PKIng for me, makes it harder to fight outnumbered which is always the case here. Everyone who came to this server with me is in the same boat and stopped logging in after that new client dropped. Fair play n0m and fate, this client means less work for you guys but this client also means less PKIng on your server.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

It was a shit update.

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

But honestly, I will seriously donate extra to get rid of Turn To Face... can we start a GoFundMe or something? Lol

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

meyvn said:

But honestly, I will seriously donate extra to get rid of Turn To Face... can we start a GoFundMe or something? Lol

I have offered in the past, no response from admins about it not even a response about our request and we've been asking for months...

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

+1 and get rid of RSC ticks and switch back to real time

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

At least remove it from wilderness. Let the nerds who wanna face each other in edge do so? But keep it out of wildy.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

At least remove it from wilderness. Let the nerds who wanna face each other in edge do so? But keep it out of wildy.

Please.

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

What exactly is turn to face? I should know this for all the years i hav3 played this game but I don't pk much

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Ghasp said:

What exactly is turn to face? I should know this for all the years i hav3 played this game but I don't pk much

When you click to walk to an adjacent tile that is already occupied by another player, your character will turn to face the other player instead of walking to that tile. In order to avoid this, you have to click on a tile ahead of the player, then quickly click on the target tile as you walk over it. That's the way it was on classic RS so that's why we have it that way here, but some say the private server feel suits them better.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Figured thats what it was... I agree it is very annoying but I don't mind some of the annoying things that remind me of the original. So I vote leave it be. : O

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

Ghasp said:

Figured thats what it was... I agree it is very annoying but I don't mind some of the annoying things that remind me of the original. So I vote leave it be. : O

You know what I find very annoying

People who aren't PKers, saying things like I vote leave it be, when you don't PK and clearly don't have a fucking clue how it negatively effects a PKers gameplay, if you did you wouldn't have asked what it even was.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

zazo x said:

Ghasp said:

People who aren't PKers, saying things like I vote leave it be, when you don't PK and clearly don't have a fucking clue how it negatively effects a PKers gameplay, if you did you wouldn't have asked what it even was.

I'd also like to add, that when was "it was like that in rsc" a valid reason to do something?

RSC had no AH, no teleporter, no a lot of things.. Improving rsc is improving rsc.

I've never heard a single person go "man i really love that they added this turn-to-face stuff" the response has been overwhelmingly negative -And from more than just a few people on the forums. Most people just don't care enough about the server to post on the forums, they simply log out/quit if they don't like it

The stubbornness boggles the mind at this point tbh

This.

I'm baffled that after all this time and all these complaints still nothing's been done/we don't have an option to turn it off. My friends I bought to this server stopped playing when that update dropped

Another thing that baffles me is the fact I can disable ground loot, fog of war, roofs and also adjust my zoom in the wilderness, why can't I turn off turn to face?

Player avatar

kenshin666 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

it seems pointless to keep something like that in the game that deters an already dying pk community, maybe if developers get more help on board they can work on stuff like this?

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

kenshin666 said:

it seems pointless to keep something like that in the game that deters an already dying pk community, maybe if developers get more help on board they can work on stuff like this?

Tru

Last post im gonna make on this (today) - I don't people to think I'm just trying to get my own way by saying stuff like 'x person quit, y doesn't like PKing because of client', I say it because it genuinely happens and still is happening today. Most recently Beat's fed up and gone, Eric said he dislikes it, two of the servers most active PKers and the sad thing is a LOT of players who play here NEVER use the forums and don't come here to voice their opinion, like Beat said they just log out and give up. I'm here voicing my opinion for those people, we've been asking for months and been almost totally ignored

Please do something

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

zazo x said:

Ghasp said:

I'd also like to add, that when was "it was like that in rsc" a valid reason to do something?

RSC had no AH, no teleporter, no a lot of things.. Improving rsc is improving rsc.

I've never heard a single person go "man i really love that they added this turn-to-face stuff" the response has been overwhelmingly negative -And from more than just a few people on the forums. Most people just don't care enough about the server to post on the forums, they simply log out/quit if they don't like it

The stubbornness boggles the mind at this point tbh

Well you can thank you for this

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

This has now been updated. The turn to face (player) is now removed and we have gone back to how it was in the previous old server.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

Awesome. Thanks!

• «
  • 1 (current)