Pking's abruptly fast incline and decline why? here. Read all theway:]

Player avatar

BloodZ21 Send PM

subscriber

To all pkers and players alike it may concern we all realize the inevitable fate of our wildy being dead, very inactive, and very unpleasant. About 3-4 months ago when i first started playing on this server, castle and pking was booming! I always had a fun time killing and or getting killed with a team or without one. But now a few people that ruined/killed pking for most users most of which players have just decided to give up on the game itself due to the issue of MULTI-LOGGING PKERS. Yes, I am referring to those with way more free time any normal person should have on a game. Those people that we know as multi-loggers have a lot of alt chars that will run a few clients at a time and park there characters at all the same location when pking. This has had a profound effect on ruining the fun in player killing anymore, you die on 1 char so what? you log onto your other 15 that you made and simply finish the job. Those players i'm speaking about are Beat, Luigi, Annabelle, Rapps, and hitmachine. These individuals have single-handedly and will bring down pking in the server if not the server itself if this problem isn't corrected. Starting with Beat has probably around 15-20 alts, on literally 24/7 and multi-logs like crazy, usually 3 or 4 alts at any given location. Next annabelle, and her hybrid pkers as well. Same situation, too many alts parked for pking, along with luigi, rapps, hitmachine, even pk3r str0ng. At one point i was training at dark wizards and hitmacchine or salty his mains name i believe had literally brought 21 of his characters to train at wizards for the sole purpose of not letting me get any experience what so ever, and he will usually cover most good training spots with a few alts at once. Please do something about multi-logging, make it more difficult to assess or delay the log-in time way longer before pking is dead completely.

2 #dtf

Player avatar

BloodZ21 Send PM

subscriber

Beat you're probably in your 30's and how many alts do you have, let alone flats? i proved your sadness of multi-log pking earlier today. I EVEN SAID YOU WOULD BE ON 9 HOURS FROM NOW like 12 HOURS AGO LOL!!!!! GG

2 #dtf

Player avatar

BloodZ21 Send PM

subscriber

You eat sleep breath rsc, than dream about it, just camping and parking your alts like 30 of them to fight 1 dude. lmao, on top of which you call 10 of your team mates to help you out with a kill rofl.

2 #dtf

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

Something really should be done about all of the parking characters, though. All it does is grief people and push everyone away from the wilderness. If you're aiming for a strictly PvM and skilling server then by all means we should leave things the way they are. But having new players come into the game and they hear/see about these big PK teams and people who park 4-5 alts around the wilderness incase you happen to kill them or escape them is not going to attract more people to the game.

If anything you are pushing people towards botting up characters so they can even compete with the people who have 4-5 PKers parked. But then you won't let people bot. So what are we trying to do with this server? What direction is it going?

My suggestion as I accidentally mentioned on my other character is as follows:

If you log out in the wilderness you are teleported OUT of the wilderness after something like 60 seconds. This allows you some "BRB, someone at the door!" or "Hang on, phone call!" time. If you're gone more than 60 seconds then it was probably something mildly important and you should get your priorities straight and not worry about rscrevolution.

Player avatar

xxKDxx Send PM

subscriber

With Multi logging and parking... we know beat should be PK MOD by now. Dude clearly has no life and its OK.

K O D X / K L O J A

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

someone give me 100m pking gear ill come back

Player avatar

neilkeps Send PM

subscriber

why u guys crying p server pking always  been the same ever since we had good xp rates n able to make lots of chars its isn't early 2000s adapt or get out

Last edited by neilkeps (1 Jul 2016 10:41)

[img]http://i64.tinypic.com/10odx6a.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

We once made it so that if you log in wilderness, you were frozen and invisible for half a minute. People hated it and it was removed. Can anyone think of a solution besides IP limits?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

pepster Send PM

subscriber

Mod Billy said:

We once made it so that if you log in wilderness, you were frozen and invisible for half a minute. People hated it and it was removed. Can anyone think of a solution besides IP limits?

You guys should really stop relying on polls for this.  All that happens is the pkers send out an eagle call any time an update is made to curb the multi logging.  They rally the fellow multi loggers, they each vote on 15 forum accounts each.  Then VIOLA it looks like the community hates each and every change made to pking.  When in reality the numbers are much different.  That and you guys normally change something for a few days then revert it instantly.  Try to get some concrete numbers instead of knee jerking everytime.

[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/dy7kea.png[/img]

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

Wild will never be the same no matter what you do. After all, it's a 16 year-old game, everyone knows all the tricks. If people want to invest more time to be stronger or use those tricks, then that's life. People working hard in life usually have more wealth too.

--> Ban multilogging/parking, teaming will still be too strong, people will cry.
--> Put ip limits, people will still cry that they can't train and pk.
--> Put back the freeze timer, it just sucked, people will cry.

Last edited by Badboy666 (1 Jul 2016 16:08)

Rest in peace Eric. You will Always remembered. May you guard Wilderness forever
-Baphomet, Smokablunt, BluntToker, Annabelle and many more.

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

I gave up on pking a long time ago. The multiloggers claim we can't catch cast or whatever... how the hell are we supposed to learn shit about pking when you can't even play fair. As said by staff many many times before. We need to figure it out ourselves. Stop playing unfair. Offer pking lessons. Team with random people. If you die take it like a man, not a pussy and log in a parked account. You multi loggers do make it hard for anyone to do anything in the wild. I say we all change the habits we use in the wild and change up the playing field. It's not going to take an update to fix, just stop playing unfair like and help the pkers be pkers.

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

Mod Billy said:

If you log in the wilderness for more than 30 seconds you are teleported out...

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

how about looking for ways to enable you guys to compete on these terms?

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe the answer doesn't lie with limiting us, but rather in enabling you?

That is such an elitist douche thing to say... The only way to enable us to the point to compete with you multifags is to let us bot enough characters to keep up with you. How do we get better at pking if anytime we step in the wild we are chased and killed by 4-5 of your characters and your 6 man team? That's fucked.

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

The only real way to end this, is to rise up and face the demon(s).

If you are tired of being multi'd, then rally up all the other players who feel the same way. I'm sure there are enough people who dislike being multi'd who would be willing to help take on the culprits thus evening out the numbers.

The 1 IP wild won't work, neither did the login timer, nor will any variation of teleport out once you logout in the wildy.

Form alliances, work on coordination and force multi loggers out. There is no other way for this to be achieved without either party (multi/non-multi) crying about either attempted solution.

The way I see it, if a group/individual groups of players communicated well enough, then they would at least have an opportunity to PK without worrying about being multi'd.

Best Ninja

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

Why would the login timer not work? What won't work about it? You're offline for 30 seconds then you obviously didn't want to be in the wilderness that bad so you're teled out.

Unless you meant won't work because the multifags wouldnt like it?

This is going to kill the community. Say the single logging people DO get a group together.. how do you know a person who joins that group isn't one of the multiloggers? Multilogger obviously doesn't give a shit about the ethics of the thing or about being fair, so why not lie to get into the group so you can call your other multilogging friends and just fuck everything? The wilderness is going to end up just being multiloggers killing multloggers and just a handful of people all together.

Do something or lose the communities support.

Ideas:

• If logged out in wilderness for 30-60+ seconds, character is teleported out
  • Increase experience for combat stats so it's easier for others to create their own mutli-logging army (In unison with the next suggesetion)
  • Remove quest requirements for things like Rune Plate, Dragon Sword, and Dragon Axe. Can be wielded so long as you have appropriate levels to have completed the quest and wield the actual item.
  • Fuck it, just let us create characters that can ONLY be used in the wilderness and just allow us to set whatever stats we want on them. Cannot attack nor be attacked by NPCs so that wilderness farming of dragons or kbd or demons cannot be done with cheaply made characters.

The second and third options would serve the best in allowing others to create more pkers to fight multi-loggers with and not really cheapen MUCH of the game.

Last edited by meyvn (1 Jul 2016 18:53)

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Or we could just let pking die... perhaps introduce a mini game or two with the similar benifits of pKing but where multi logging would be negated by even teams... capture the flag? Castle wars? Etc. etc. A combat arena where even teams are pitted against each other and can't leave until opponents are dead, auto skulled on entry etc.
Or could even have a list of selectable rules to live by. Bank chest with weapons armor and food stock to start?

An arena dungeon each player can enter one character per i.p. survivor at end of time limit wins awesome prize. Dungeon could grow smaller over time teleporting those on edges to center.

How about a maze to teach catching? Players put up x amount of gp or win tokens of some sort with a leader board? one players goal is to escape the others is to catch and kill then they switch sides first one to win both gets prize.

I am just spouting out ideas I would enjoy I certainly know not everyone would be enthused by these but to offer an alternate to being mass teamed or multied would be nice and I do think there would be other players interested besides me.

Last edited by Ghasp (1 Jul 2016 18:52)

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

HnD Send PM

subscriber

You should just quit and let the multi loggers have a dead wildy.

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

Ghasp said:

Or we could just let pking die... perhaps introduce a mini game or two with the similar benifits of pKing but where multi logging would be negated by even teams... capture the flag? Castle wars? Etc. etc. A combat arena where even teams are pitted against each other and can't leave until opponents are dead, auto skulled on entry etc.
Or could even have a list of selectable rules to live by. Bank chest with weapons armor and food stock to start?

An arena dungeon each player can enter one character per i.p. survivor at end of time limit wins awesome prize. Dungeon could grow smaller over time teleporting those on edges to center.

How about a maze to teach catching? Players put up x amount of gp or win tokens of some sort with a leader board? one players goal is to escape the others is to catch and kill then they switch sides first one to win both gets prize.

I am just spouting out ideas I would enjoy I certainly know not everyone would be enthused by these but to offer an alternate to being mass teamed or multied would be nice and I do think there would be other players interested besides me.

Letting PKing die is not the answer by any means. It's been stated that it's not that people don't WANT to PK. It's that there is such an unfair advantage facing them right now this far into the servers life that it's nearly impossible for them to compete. It's not fair at all to have 4-5 or more characters parked in the wilderness and that's what we're trying to address.

I'm curious about what went down previously when the invisible and unattackable thing happened. Who really complained about it? Was it the people who cried FOR that to be added? Or was it the multifags crying because it was actually working? I honestly don't know so I'm just asking to find out. Has single-IP wilderness been tried? Did it end up the same situation as the invisible and unattackable in that someone cried about it more?

Which community is larger? The PKing community that is full of multi-loggers? Or the community of people that want to PK but won't because of the disadvantage that they are at? This isn't a skill-related thing... but the multifags would like to make it seem that way. If it were skill related then why do you need all of those extra characters? Do you plan on dying or something so you need to create that unfair advantage to save your pixels? It takes no skill to create 4-5 characters... it takes no skill to use one of your parked characters to waste the inventory of food of the person you just got killed by and catch them trying to bank your shit.

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

I guess I was not really saying let killing other players die just offer other outlets to kill players that are a bit more fair and don't have the current issues the wilderness was always meant to be a free for all with no rules so perhaps instead of altering the wilderness rules offering a venue to fight where there is no multi logging and/or no or set teams would be enticing to those who don't like the current situation in the wild.

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

meyvnx Send PM

You're right.

Having multiple characters leveled up and parked in the wilderness is obviously the way this game was intended to be played. I'm a terrible person for thinking that there should at least be a somewhat level playing ground for new people coming into the game who haven't spent weeks leveling up several characters to use in this one facet of the game.

I just won't go into the wilderness with more than 3 items. You can continue to have the entire thing to yourself and your friends with all of your characters.

Problem solved.