Downtime Explanation

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Hello everyone, clients with Google Public DNS have not been able to connect to our website recently (on and off at random timestamps).

I have been in contact with a total of 11 operators on NameCheap, everyone giving me different explanations on the issue. They have told me to contact Google, Our hosting vendor and so I have, i've had conversations with both OVH(our dedicated server host) and Google and they all bounce back on each other saying it's their fault.

However, after 100 pages of text and discussions with all three companys, it came down to being our domain company having the DNSSEC record not disabled properly and   records where still there but not properly configured.

I don't really know how this could have happened at all...

Last message from the latest operator after 2 hours debugging:

[[language]]
David:
clients who use the Google Public DNS cannot connect to our domain.

Anastasia:
As I see, DNSSEC is currently turned off for the domain. I am checking the issue now.

Anastasia:
Sorry for the delay, I will need some more time for investigation. I will get back to you in about 10 minutes.

Anastasia:
I have checked the previous chat conversations you've had with our support.

David:
none of the other operators could solve the issue

Anastasia:
however, it seems that there was a DNSSEC record which was not disabled properly.

Anastasia:
Some records were not removed.

Anastasia:
We will need to create a ticket to our Engineering team for investigation.

Anastasia:
This may influencing the performance. The records are still there at the moment. I am not sure if it is what influences the performance, however, the record is still not properly configured.

David:
Can you create a ticket to your Engineering team?

Anastasia:
Yes, sure I will.

David:
Thank you, finally we know what causes the downtime.

David:
it has been doing this for weeks, going offline and online.

Anastasia:
I am creating the ticket now.

The domain is currently working, but as she said it may cause problems as the records are still there (but DNSSEC is disabled). So if the website is going offline for you, it means that the Engineering team is working on solving the issue properly, this time...

Server is: ONLINE (frontpage says offline due to the above problem).

You may not be able to connect to the game still, that's due to our clients/launcher is connected with our domain name (www.rscrevolution.com) which is currently having issues, I will be making new clients for PC and Android as well as the Launcher relying on our dedicated server ip adress instead, to prevent issues like these in the future.

You can also follow Mod billys guide here for another solution: http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 391#p54391

I'm sorry for all the downtime, but I cannot control this, it's all on their end.
Best Regards,
Fate.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

Tears4lube Send PM

subscriber

Still wont work for me... do I need to re-install?

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Tears4lube said:

Still wont work for me... do I need to re-install?

The website works for me but not the launcher to fetch the data and client... This is probably what she meant with influencing the performance and issues and that's why she sent me to their Engineering team.

I guess we just have to wait till they fix it properly. I'm sorry.

you could try by downloading External client, but you won't probably be able to connect. I will be fixing new clients relying on our ip adress instead of the domain name.

EDIT: For everyone patiently waiting, go watch some nice series in the mean time, i'd recommend watching The Flash, Person Of Interest or Banshee smile

Player avatar

Tears4lube Send PM

subscriber

Billys post worked for me! thanks a lot

Player avatar

305mule Send PM

subscriber

I sense double xp weekend coming up!

Billy's method worked for me on my PC.  Have had no issues with droid whatsoever.

Player avatar

Kxaxt Send PM

subscriber

Sadly I was unable to play these passed few days, as my Subscription is just dwindling away, ohhhh sad times...
Double xp Should suffice. wink
Can log on atm with no problems at all, and will check back later when I have time. happy

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Thanks Fate! Here's a post about how to resolve it on Droid wifi as well.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Good to hear everything is being sorted!

[img]http://s15.postimg.org/v72kufao7/ephrin_signature.png[/img]

Player avatar

dinomine Send PM

subscriber

i dont get why u cant post when theres downtime on twitter or some shit so we are in the know about whats going on

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

|Just re-read through this. It's disheartening to see people complaining and requesting double XP -- get outta here.

[img]http://s15.postimg.org/v72kufao7/ephrin_signature.png[/img]

Player avatar

PALLO Send PM

subscriber

well few extra sub days is what you should give em

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

ephrin said:

|Just re-read through this. It's disheartening to see people complaining and requesting double XP -- get outta here.

Kids can't be requesting double xp every time a issue happens..had enuff as it is..

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

PALLO said:

Hallo pallo hope all is well bud.

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

PALLO Send PM

subscriber

padwan121 said:

PALLO said:

Hallo pallo hope all is well bud.

hallo

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Dbl xp plox!!

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Ultimate Fatal Final Acid Send PM

Any chance of playing RSCR in the near future?

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Ultimate Fatal Final Acid said:

Any chance of playing RSCR in the near future?

Hello. Yes the server is up and running, just hop on and play smile

Player avatar

The Cypher Send PM

subscriber

Its not just Google DNS, i was also having issues and i have xfinity. 75.75.75.75 i believe is my dns.

Player avatar

punisherx921 Send PM

Tried multiple browsers on 2 devices and it still won't let me download the android client. It's dead, Jim.