Opinions about the character parking "solution"

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

2 wilds like GLEU said! +1

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Luigi bank Send PM

subscriber

Would be cool to have two wilds but unless we get a lot more pkers i doubt it would help much if at all. We would just b splitting our already small pk scene into 2 even smaller scenes.

But ill +1 that to try it out. Who knows, it may b what we need. smile

#ambestdroid

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Luigi bank said:

Would be cool to have two wilds but unless we get a lot more pkers i doubt it would help much if at all. We would just b splitting our already small pk scene into 2 even smaller scenes.

I don't see it as splitting anything really cause the people who don't want to get gang banged don't pk because of that simple fact.

The teamers will always have teams and ppl who want to team will always find teams.

People who want to solo will be able to solo.

Its really that simple.

~K!zL

Player avatar

Luigi bank Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

Luigi bank said:

I don't see it as splitting anything really cause the people who don't want to get gang banged don't pk because of that simple fact.

The teamers will always have teams and ppl who want to team will always find teams.

Its really that simple.

~K!zL

Nothing is ever that simple when it comes to the wild. I go out and fight outnumbered most of the time i pk. It gives me more of a challenge. And splitting worlds will split up the people who r online. Like i previously said, ill +1 it to try it. Personally i think 1 of the main issues is the bad pkers or ppl who have never even tried yet dont bc they get discuraged by geting beat every time they go out. So maybe having a diff world that ppl who arent as good can practice n get better would be the best thing. Then after they have and maybe met some friends to pk with they can come to the multi world and test their luck with the ppl who can pk on a higher level. All im saying.

#ambestdroid

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

34 seconds is too Long, please reduce.

my preference would to have it eliminated

I just noticed you cant log out, which is fine because you shouldnt be able to get a freebie inspection of the area but sucks for those training or who realize they gotta go do something IRL and trying to log out

Last edited by runeknight95 (16 Apr 2016 22:11)

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

wild should be how its always been classic style you want a 1v1 go stake

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

r u t h less Send PM

r u t h less said:

-Remove castle teleport..
-Make a new teleport way east of castle or way west of castle still in the same area, but make a player have to walk.
-After 5-10 mins of character being logged out in wild you are moved to edge or draynor.

Having to nonstop set up accounts will be to fucking lame and eventually stop parkers.

Remember you run away and after 10 seconds you can teleport out of wild.
Remember you run away and after 10 seconds can log.
Just make it if you log you are sent to random location in rscrevolution. #penalty.

Last edited by r u t h less (17 Apr 2016 00:34)

B u b b a

Player avatar

punKrockeR Send PM

subscriber

I say we should get rid of the castle teleport altogether. We already have a lumby-to-edge boat teleport, and it's not that far to walk from edge to the castle. 1 minute max. And that was half the fun of castle pking anyway - actually getting to the castle in one piece. Once you got there it was a challenge to keep it under your control. At the moment you just talk to Zeonk and bam, you're in the thick of it instantly with no resistance or challenge usually associated with Castle pking. I never use the castle teleport for that reason, even now that it's free. It's just lazy and destructive to pking. The other teles are all fine though smile

Another idea is to maybe make Protect from Missiles drain your prayer much slower so that it's actually worth having. At the moment, if I get ambushed by a team of 2-3+ I'm at a fatal disadvantage from the get-go, because in order to defend myself I have to drain my prayer twice as fast or turn half of them off (and consume my food twice as fast) while dealing with multiple melee threats trying to block my escape route. It usually just becomes a game of pointless endurance, juggling your food and your prayer so that you can still use Protect Item once you get inevitably slaughtered with no chance of defense. Maybe we could make the prayer last a lot longer, but make it so that there's a small chance that ranged attacks can still get through? Like 10-20% of the time the prayer doesn't block the projectile? I don't know. Just throwing ideas out there.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that teams and the ranged/mage skills are an important part of rscrevolution and always have been, and I don't want to see them nullified altogether. But to me it seems ridiculous to further penalize solo players with a prayer handicap like that when they already have it hard enough as it is. At the moment there just is no fight when it comes to teams vs solo. And if the team are good at catching (which is easy when you have 2-3+ people covering one person), then it's usually over within seconds with the same result every time. One player mercilessly slaughtered and the team trolling them over global as if they've achieved some kind of worthwhile victory.

Or perhaps we could make it so that only 2 players can attack someone at a time with ranged/mage attacks so that the most you ever get is 2v1'ed during each combat round, even if it's just up to the Castle area? The massive teams would hate it, but that's because their bullshit borderline-invincibility advantage is being threatened and they can't handle the thought of having to play the game with some risk involved. Who really cares what people like that think? They would rather the game be easy for themselves and their crew than fair for everyone. They think only of themselves and not the betterment of the game and community at large, and their opinions should be taken in that context.

But to be honest I pk a lot, and I die a lot, and I still have fun even if some days I get pissed and rage quit (that's part of RS too), so even if you didn't change a thing I'd still pk fairly regularly. But there is definitely room for improvement in terms of gameplay balance and fun factor as far as pking is concerned. A complex PK highscores system could be a nice idea too. For example, Melee Kills, Ranged Kills, Mage Kills, Team Kills, 1v1 Kills, Kill Streaks etc. More than just a Kill/Death counter. That might encourage a more complex PKing environment. It also might encourage the trolls, so I don't know. It's an idea though smile

As for the parking, I don't really care, but the long-ass login timer seems kind of a nuisance to me more than it is a practical solution. I think it could be shortened at least. Or what if you make it so that when you login to the wildy your position is randomized by ~10 tiles? That way anyone who logs into a parked account has no idea where they'll appear which makes effective ambushes much harder as people will see them coming and have more time to escape or prepare.

Anyway I've written more than enough. That's my two cents, for whatever it's worth. Peace, and good luck solving the most difficult problem RS private servers have ever faced - how to make PKing feel fair and balanced. I have faith that you guys can do it. There are plenty of great ideas floating around smile

"I am an Anarchist! Wherefore I will
Not rule, & also ruled I will not be!"

— John Henry Mackay

Player avatar

r u t h less Send PM

r u t h less said:

r u t h less said:

-Make a new teleport way east of castle or way west of castle still in the same area, but make a player have to walk.
-After 5-10 mins of character being logged out in wild you are moved to edge or draynor.

Having to nonstop set up accounts will be to fucking lame and eventually stop parkers.

Just make it if you log you are sent to random location in rscrevolution. #penalty.

B u b b a

Player avatar

Luigi bank Send PM

subscriber

r u t h less said:

r u t h less said:

r u t h less said:

We saw this the first time Fran. Stfu u just want to be able to log out from fights and log back in to safety.

Last edited by Luigi bank (17 Apr 2016 15:02)

#ambestdroid

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Logged in to get swarmed by 5 people just standing there looking at you, this is some dumb update

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Luigi bank said:

KizL said:

Luigi bank said:

Its really that simple.

~K!zL

Nothing is ever that simple when it comes to the wild. I go out and fight outnumbered most of the time i pk. It gives me more of a challenge. And splitting worlds will split up the people who r online. Like i previously said, ill +1 it to try it. Personally i think 1 of the main issues is the bad pkers or ppl who have never even tried yet dont bc they get discuraged by geting beat every time they go out. So maybe having a diff world that ppl who arent as good can practice n get better would be the best thing. Then after they have and maybe met some friends to pk with they can come to the multi world and test their luck with the ppl who can pk on a higher level. All im saying.

Not even a full wild or world. Just the castle down to edge.

Shit it could even be on the same world just a new pk spot you tele to.

~K!zL