Delete all those stupid posts in off topic section

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

Delete all the stupid political, religious and conspiracy theory topics.  They are all just flame wars with people arguing about total BS and it makes the community look bad.  I have seen topics closed and deleted for far less.  It is about time to get rid of these topics and delete any others made in the future.

I understand it is an off-topic forum page but plain and simple seeing these posts looks bad on the server.

Last edited by joe dirt (11 Apr 2016 18:57)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

I think there's a lot more that needs to be dealt with first. Have you seen in-game chat? It's literally what the Off-Topic subforum contains but on a much more consistent basis.

In my opinion, it's time to step away from the 'it's a private server/turnip community, chill no need to moderate' to something more like 'this is a professional server that generates revenue; lets treat it like one'.

Right now it's a cesspool of ignorance and slandering.

Last edited by ephrin (11 Apr 2016 19:03)

[img]http://s15.postimg.org/v72kufao7/ephrin_signature.png[/img]

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

ephrin said:

I think there's a lot more that needs to be dealt with first. Have you seen in-game chat? It's literally what the Off-Topic subforum contains but on a much more consistent basis.

In my opinion, it's time to step away from the 'it's a private server/turnip community, chill' to something more like 'this is a professional server that generates revenue; lets treat it like one'. Right now it's a cesspool of ignorance and slandering.

Yes I agree, it is funny 6 months ago I would of never agreed with this but my opinion has changed in that time.

One can argue if you do not allow these posts on the forums those fueling the fire will eventually move on from it.  Both on forums and in game, so it is worth trying.  My view is that if they see it on the forums it will be a fresh topic on one's mind, and they will feel the need to bring said subject into game chat,  If said topic does not exist they are less likely to bring it up in game.

Last edited by joe dirt (11 Apr 2016 19:11)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

I am very proud im not a weak sensitive coward because nothing bothers me ingame nor on forums.  i dont give a fuck about what ppl say in game or on forums i just dont care so you people who do care well keep on crying. You cannot and will not change anything u can try and watch your user base drop period.<------

Last edited by fear nothing (11 Apr 2016 19:15)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GH0nYE6.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

fear nothing said:

I am very proud im not a weak sensitive coward because nothing bothers me ingame nor on forums.  i dont give a fuck about what ppl say in game or on forums i just dont care so you people who do care well keep on crying. You cannot and will not change anything u can try and watch your user base drop period.<------

1) I don't even understand your post.
2) Somewhere in there, you are threatening the playerbase if they attempt otherwise.
3) Give me a single game where you can act like an inbred, ignorant, racist prick and get away with it AND condone it? None.

For some reason, RS always seems to attract some toxic players.

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

fear nothing said:

Man I hear where you're coming from; but it's not that people are too "weak and sensitive" when it comes to wanting to moderate the chat; it's that the stuff is so stupid and gets so repetitive that eventually the whole community comes off as a big joke; which threatens server growth (Only slightly, but every player counts)

If you don't understand what I'm saying...You can throw pretty much anything at me and I won't really take offense or let it bother me... so no, I'm not weak and sensitive by any means....BUT when I see garbage on global constantly...over and over again it gets annoying as hell. To a new player, this can be very off putting because let's face it, who wants to play a MMORPG if the players are so idiotic you can't even talk to them? Obviously that's not the case for our server....BUT...constant crap on global can make it look that way and turn new heads away.

Last edited by Synbios (11 Apr 2016 21:06)

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Synbios said:

fear nothing said:

Man I hear where you're coming from; but it's not that people are too "weak and sensitive" when it comes to wanting to moderate the chat; it's that the stuff is so stupid and gets so repetitive that eventually the whole community comes off as a big joke; which threatens server growth (Only slightly, but every player counts)

If you don't understand what I'm saying...You can throw pretty much anything at me and I won't really take offense or let it bother me... so no, I'm not weak and sensitive by any means....BUT when I see garbage on global constantly...over and over again it gets annoying as hell. To a new player, this can be very off putting because let's face it, who wants to play a MMORPG if the players are so idiotic you can't even talk to them? Obviously that's not the case for our server....BUT...constant crap on global can make it look that way and turn new heads away.

Someone gets it... More people need to start catching on.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

+1 dude. Shit is unfucking real.

Player avatar

Mona Lisa Send PM

subscriber

joe dirt said:

Delete all the stupid political, religious and conspiracy theory topics.  They are all just flame wars with people arguing about total BS and it makes the community look bad.  I have seen topics closed and deleted for far less.  It is about time to get rid of these topics and delete any others made in the future.

I understand it is an off-topic forum page but plain and simple seeing these posts looks bad on the server.

If you don't like what is posted in the Off Topic section then simply just don't browse it, problem solved. For instance any future post that i see started by Joe Dirt i will not read because I know its going to be about you bitching and crying like a child.

R.I.P. Patrick aka Hostile

Player avatar

dm and die Send PM

subscriber

fear nothing said:

Sounds like the drugs are speaking for you.

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

joe dirt said:

Let's actually moderate our forums and remove off topic or insulting posts then maybe we can get some real discussions going on updates and such. I wouldn't mind the off topic so much if the rest of forums were kept in check.

I was considering applying for a mod to do this but i like flamin peoplet from time to time myself and i have some big life changes coming up that will limit my time.

I think cub would be a good candidate for this as he is on the forums often and also has other skills to bring to the community with sprites and such.

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Mona Lisa said:

joe dirt said:

If you don't like what is posted in the Off Topic section then simply just don't browse it, problem solved. For instance any future post that i see started by Joe Dirt i will not read because I know its going to be about you bitching and crying like a child.

Seriously can't believe you applied for mods still. If you werent a new cigarette you'd know joe, and know he's been against this type of shit since the beginning, but also realizes that it's starting to get way outta line.

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

Synbios said:

fear nothing said:

Learn to use the "ignore" feature  end of discussion. You users started moderating themselves,  this private custom server could be better.

Stop relying on moderators when you have the power in your hands to do it yourself.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GH0nYE6.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Mona Lisa said:

joe dirt said:

And you applied to be a mod?

Hah.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Off-Topic is the proper place for real world discussion such as politics, so the types of threads being posted there are totally fine. However, you're right, the flame culture needs to be reined in.

3hCkVYU.png
It says clearly in our terms of service,

Racism, Personal Insults, Real life threats, etc. will be banned.

The same conduct that we would not allow in game on ::1, will not be permitted on the forums. As soon as someone posts something malicious, which crosses the line, that person has waived the privilege of posting here and they will have their post deleted AT LEAST. As mods we have more important things to deal with, so abusers will be treated harshly. I expect our established players to set a good example for the newcomers.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol