CONSTANT assault on global

Proxicity Send PM

subscriber

Since no one will listen to us in-game, I'll try reversing the order of the next two sentences to see if the message can be absorbed that way.

Sentence 1) Ok so what if one player happens to be baiting ~10-20 UNIQUE players per day because ONE player is repeating the exact same troll line over and over and over, day after day, baiting around 70 people a week into arguing with them?

Sentence 2) The only response we are getting in-game is "If a player is annoying you, add them to your ignore list."

We can't just sit here and add 903,240,283,409,238 people to our ignore list. A player is creating complete chaos in ::1 for over a week and nothing is being done about it. Do you know how bad it is when I'm asking for something to be done?

Everyone knows what I'm talking about, and almost everyone agrees, so why is it still happening day after day?

Last edited by Proxicity (31 Mar 2016 00:17)

I once was a good boy. There. That's my signature. I dunno man,

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

I agree.

And whilst I think our mods are great -- they aren't seeing the proper way of dealing with it. Simply telling everyone to ignore that user doesn't solve the problem. A solution for bettering my playing experience here shouldn't be having to add people to my ignore list daily.

You deal with the root of the issue. Warn these repeat flame-baiters and mute them. The passive concept of "Just ignore them and don't throw gas on the fire" keeps getting placed on us... It's a pretty bad one. It's a band-aid.

[img]http://s15.postimg.org/v72kufao7/ephrin_signature.png[/img]

Player avatar

Mod Tru Send PM

mod

I try to calm the people down, but if they don't im not against to mute them instead of you guys having to put them all on ignore.

But once again, ignore list are there for a reason. But once it happens and people taunting other 20+ people and it becomes a war, i'll hand out mutes.

I tell its enough , if they keep going ill simply mute. I've been busy ALOT today, being PM'd , having to help people in-game / forums, ive had my hands full .

Sorry for the global guys.

[img]http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vma6x4.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

When it's the same ~5 or so people it's obvious they need to understand how they are acting won't be tolerated in global.

Mutes not being dealt properly just makes the server look like a cesspool of ignorant, gun-toting, drug-addicted savages... lol. But hey, not my call!

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

May I go again with my suggestion that
::1 heavily moderated appropriate for all ages
::2 free chat no moderation at all for those that want to speak their mind (also no chat delay perhaps?)
::3 help/buying/selling

Would solve a lot of issues

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Ghasp said:

May I go again with my suggestion that
::1 heavily moderated appropriate for all ages
::2 free chat no moderation at all for those that want to speak their mind (also no chat delay perhaps?)
::3 help/buying/selling

Would solve a lot of issues

I'm all for a re-structuring of the channels, not a bad idea.

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

is this about those idiots who keep saying RS came out in 2005?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Chronic863 Send PM

Although I like talking and communicating with the other members I do not like the immaturity that is being shown in global everyday. Majority of the time I togglechannel because I do not want to read nothing but profanity. I feel the staff does need to step up and start enforcing the rules more in this situation. Once you put your foot down you will not all these immature kids trolling on global.

Last edited by Chronic863 (31 Mar 2016 03:17)

[img]http://i65.tinypic.com/eqdyt.gif[/img]

Player avatar

The Cypher Send PM

subscriber

Instead of setting up more global, get rid of them. Usually everyone is standing in edge anyway talking to each other over global. No time limit per message either. If this server keeps growing, and i truly think it will, you will have to many people to use a global chat anyways. May as well get rid of it now. Btw, rscrevolution came out in 2001 smile.

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Proxicity said:

Since no one will listen to us in-game, I'll try reversing the order of the next two sentences to see if the message can be absorbed that way.

Sentence 1) Ok so what if one player happens to be baiting ~10-20 UNIQUE players per day because ONE player is repeating the exact same troll line over and over and over, day after day, baiting around 70 people a week into arguing with them?

Sentence 2) The only response we are getting in-game is "If a player is annoying you, add them to your ignore list."

We can't just sit here and add 903,240,283,409,238 people to our ignore list. A player is creating complete chaos in ::1 for over a week and nothing is being done about it. Do you know how bad it is when I'm asking for something to be done?

Everyone knows what I'm talking about, and almost everyone agrees, so why is it still happening day after day?

You use to be the biggest troll on the server shhhhhhhhhhhh you cant complain about this

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

I add them to the ignore list, as long there isn't a limit on my ignore list I'm good.

But I do have to agree that there are players day after day who try to bait arguments with the whole "rsc 2005" shit. Mute them for 24 hours cause they're just looking to troll and baiting arguments over ::1

Player avatar

Mod Tru Send PM

mod

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Proxicity said:

You use to be the biggest troll on the server shhhhhhhhhhhh you cant complain about this

Proxi has actually stepped up from what he used to do/be before.
Cant agree with this at all.

And when he trolls he has limits, not like he used to.

Proxi is a god

[img]http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vma6x4.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

rsc was released in 2005

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Mod Tru said:

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Proxicity said:

Proxi is a god

ya but you also cant turn a hoe into a house wife either tho can ya

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Mod Tru said:

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Proxi is a god

so you're saying people cant change? does that mean you will always be a scum of the earth convict? or have you not changed?

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Mod Tru said:

Proxi is a god

so you're saying people cant change? does that mean you will always be a scum of the earth convict? or have you not changed?

Do you even know the difference between a convicted and a prisoner? Once you do a decent bid you'll never fully be the same person. And not all but most people will never be able change there tru mentality but at least I don't sugar coat shit I always keep it 100. Haters going to hate

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

Agreed. The moderators' philosophies of what chat is tolerable and what is not is incredibly counterproductive to the growth of this server, especially during the ad campaign.

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Yes my worry is that new players will come on see all the bs and drama and go gee I don't think I want a part of this. Then the same players creating drama complain we don't have enough players.... personally I just ignore it or start flooding with a random song until it goes away but I think we need a well moderated chat if we want to continue growing our playerbase.

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Same goes with forums we need to start getting rid of this personal drama that is off topic it just trashes up the threads

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

TinkerTank Send PM

subscriber

I still stand with my old suggestion for community voted 1 hour mute function as ::commute(playername).

I have faith mojority of players will use it correctly which is all u need for an effective, diplomatic outcome.

Last edited by TinkerTank (31 Mar 2016 23:30)