Hero's Quest

Player avatar

Kagekure Send PM

subscriber

I'm sure everyone here knows exactly how ridiculous it is to complete hero's quest due to the 2 player requirement for the Master armband part of the quest. This mechanic was built around a server containing at least a thousand players.. being as though we have roughly 100-150, it it next to impossible to find a partner that is not only a part of the opposite gang as you (Pheonix and Black arm gang) but also just so happens to be on the hero's quest and at that specific PART of the hero's quest. I feel player's shouldn't be forced to wait multiple weeks to MAYBE get LUCKY and find a partner to complete the quest.

So in short, I've gathered opinions from many players and most support an appropriate and reasonable change to this quest. I would like to hear the mod's opinions.

Thanks!! <3 smile

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

I can totally see where your coming from. I personally have had thoughts about this issue myself, and i was going to post a possible solution, but never got around to doing it.

Basically i think the admins should create 2 accounts, that mods have access to. set the stats, and quests so they can be ready for part sides of heroes. 1 is pheonix, 1 is black arm(duh), this way when players are having trouble finding someone to help. If a mod has time, they can jump on 1 of these accounts, and help the player out.

My 1st idea was to make them community accounts, that anyone could access, but there is to many assholes in this game, that 1 of them would just finish the quest to be an asshole.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

+1

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

Mod Billy said:

+1

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GH0nYE6.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Aonbyte Send PM

subscriber

I had no problems finding help for this quest. Simply help a new player out. Be friends with many people. Eventually that new player will need to do heroes. Within 10mins of searching I found wardark )he's black arm) to do heroes with. If you can do shield of arrav then you can do heroes too.

Player avatar

Kagekure Send PM

subscriber

Just because you happen to get lucky like that doesn't mean much though... I've been looking for 2 weeks.. I know others that have been looking for 4 weeks...

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

When I was a moderator, former admin Hobbs had said " If a player actively looks for a partner for a set amount of time and can not find someone. Then a mod would be able to summon the player into the room containing the candle on 3 conditions. 
1. Player has done all steps up to the point where they need the partner.
2. Gives the moderator the second candle.
3. Player has actively looked and you yourself have seen them looking for a good amount of time with no luck.

I often offered help after 3 days, because as stated above finding a partner can be a pain in the ass. Maybe they can start doing this again?

Last edited by joe dirt (11 Mar 2016 10:25)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Hey, be happy you can at least do it.  I've been waiting since a week into iron man release to be able to do the hero's quest.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Kagekure Send PM

subscriber

S O B BSpace said:

Hey, be happy you can at least do it.  I've been waiting since a week into iron man release to be able to do the hero's quest.

I mean that sucks and all but that doesn't really mean anything and isn't logical.. "Be happy it's now available content even though you can't complete it".

Anyway, I'm still hoping a few more mods can chime in on this and maybe come to a conclusion.

Last edited by Kagekure (12 Mar 2016 03:44)

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

Kagekure said:

S O B BSpace said:

I mean that sucks and all but that doesn't really mean anything and isn't logical.. "Be happy it's now available content even though you can't complete it".

Anyway, I'm still hoping a few more mods can chime in on this and maybe come to a conclusion.

The logical point is pretty clear, fix broken stuff before worrying about changing existing already working stuff just cause you can't find a friend.

There's a simple solution like Gleu said, someone should just make chars of each faction just parked up there.  Just give mods access to the accounts and the account owner as well if they're on often and willing to help out.  Not necessary to go implement any new features into the game.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul

Player avatar

Pig Send PM

subscriber

Being a quester myself, I can totally understand this.
However, being just that, a quester, I've think I've done heroes here at least a dozen times by myself.
A phoenix member can always help out a black arm member, and you can always buy the candlestick from other players.

If it really gets to be an issue, I like the idea Joe Dirt had above. That solves the issue without re-inventing the wheel.

CHECK OUT MY SKILLING/QUESTING SERVICES!
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 468#p44468

IGN: Ajax

Player avatar

Kagekure Send PM

subscriber

S O B BSpace said:

Kagekure said:

S O B BSpace said:

The logical point is pretty clear, fix broken stuff before worrying about changing existing already working stuff just cause you can't find a friend.

There's a simple solution like Gleu said, someone should just make chars of each faction just parked up there.  Just give mods access to the accounts and the account owner as well if they're on often and willing to help out.  Not necessary to go implement any new features into the game.

That point was not made in your original comment so no, the logic was not clear because what you just said is completely different statement but whatever that doesn't matter..

I agree the mods should be working on broken stuff before addressing this issue.. however, no one ever implied or said that this was to take priority over other problems in game so I'm not sure why you bothered mentioning that or got that impression.

I also agree with this.. I think it would be a relatively easy solution.. implementing such a thing would certainly fix the issue and would likely take very little time to do.  It seems most people agree this is the most viable/easy solution.

Thanks for your feedback

@Pig: Yeah but like I said before.. your fortune of finding partners was just that.. extremely fortunate. Also,  a player shouldn't be forced to unecessarily purchase expensive items to cheese a quest. I agree though, that solution seems to be the easiest.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

Kagekure said:

That point was not made in your original comment so no, the logic was not clear because what you just said is completely different statement but whatever that doesn't matter..

The point of both posts were exactly the same, your inability to infer doesn't change that fact.

Kagekure said:

I agree the mods should be working on broken stuff before addressing this issue.. however, no one ever implied or said that this was to take priority over other problems in game so I'm not sure why you bothered mentioning that or got that impression.

It was mentioned to point out to you why this most likely won't be considered by the admins.  I never implied I had an impression that this would take precedence.  Quite the contrary.  But thanks for your feedback.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul