MY VIEW ON THE MAGIC UPDATE: (WHO NEEDS RANGE?)

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Beatdown jr said:

GLeU said:

Beatdown jr said:

I did, i 2 shot a 77 pb of my own level during f2p. 1 cast before attacking, 3rd cast as last hit after the 2nd swing.

I've been training during this weekend, but really why do i need to try it out any more?
Before this it was already pretty broken, but now it's just totally unrewarding killing people, because i know it has nothing to do with me

so after 1 fight you deem it a bad update. solid testing (Y)

No, all my characters i train in the wild, and i see the fights around me.

Like earlier when Verse and Iron was 1vs1'ing at bandit camp and red barring each other every round, untill in the 4th or 5th round the random number generator god smiled on iron and 3 hit Verse from full.
etc. etc. etc.

It's also just simple math. It's like a theoretical overkill of 87 hitpoints now. 4 casts and 3 hits equals 188 hitpoints maxed.
I'd say that leaves plenty of room for some of them to be lower than max hits and still kill 99hp... Won't you?`
Where's the gameplay in that?

and before it was only 168 hitpoints (4 casts, 3 hits). its 20 potential hits of damage higher. while at the same time the spells actually make sense now. the only thing that needs changing how often spells hit. once thats readjusted so it more like classic, this update is perfectly fine. low the frequency and consistently the spells hit, and this update would be solid.

Player avatar

Beatdown jr Send PM

subscriber

Heh, come to think of it, you can be 75 strength with a Regular Strength pot and (lvl35)Fire bolts, and overkill a level 123.

This kind of system is absurd, there's just no other way of describing it.

I'm not trying to be whiny or annoying, i just hand on heart don't understand how you people are okay with this stuff

Player avatar

Beatdown jr Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Beatdown jr said:

GLeU said:

so after 1 fight you deem it a bad update. solid testing (Y)

No, all my characters i train in the wild, and i see the fights around me.

Like earlier when Verse and Iron was 1vs1'ing at bandit camp and red barring each other every round, untill in the 4th or 5th round the random number generator god smiled on iron and 3 hit Verse from full.
etc. etc. etc.

It's also just simple math. It's like a theoretical overkill of 87 hitpoints now. 4 casts and 3 hits equals 188 hitpoints maxed.
I'd say that leaves plenty of room for some of them to be lower than max hits and still kill 99hp... Won't you?`
Where's the gameplay in that?

and before it was only 168 hitpoints (4 casts, 3 hits). its 20 potential hits of damage higher. while at the same time the spells actually make sense now. the only thing that needs changing how often spells hit. once thats readjusted so it more like classic, this update is perfectly fine. low the frequency and consistently the spells hit, and this update would be solid.

Yeah, i never bothered caring about PK'ing during p2p as it was before either, which had/has the same problem as now (mainly due to the melee formula) but it's only been amplified severely now with the buff to magic.

The only thing that feels rewarding for me is killing and catching people to death during f2p on here, cause then it feels like it actually matters much more that it's me behind the screen controlling the character, instead of what could be a trained chimp clicking 'Attack' during p2p and getting roughly the same results as someone who actually knows how to play the game

Last edited by Beatdown jr (7 Mar 2016 04:44)

Player avatar

Hazy420 Send PM

subscriber

gleu come on bro i love u but its best friend.
its turning into turnip pk but the hp arent moving with the hit increases.

its becoming a joke.

Player avatar

Hazy420 Send PM

subscriber

you can get 5 casts in a 3 round fight, x 10-12 average thats already 50 hp down, u can box 13s nat which is 35 give or take. add a r2h str ammy pot n pray.. come the fuck on not even to mention p2p.....................................................................

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Dragon arrows that shoot thru pray 50% of the time for p2p.

but really lol the magic needs fixed.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (7 Mar 2016 07:55)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

hopefully magic reverts back,update makes it way over powered rsc should be a balanced game like it always has been..

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Leave it how it is and make god armour magic resistant. So they can't hit that high. Wala.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

Any word on this, admins? Most active PKers in game agree, right now it's horrible - people who trained months to make a hybrid can't get past 3 rounds of combat, flat's fights are over in seconds too, most people including myself aren't opposed to the idea of magic hitting what it was intended to in Classic, but as of now it is almost max hit every time you mage. With some tweaking, this could all work very well - but it feels like no admins are listening regarding this matter. Soon enough people will give up and get bored of fights ending before they can even run 1 time. The way it is now also caters to really bad PKers who can't even make 1 catch, all they got to do now is cast max hit twice in one round and it's GG no re. Boring.

edit: Saw N0m in game and asked ''N0m, will you be reducing the accuracy of the damage dealt by mage spells?'' he said ''yeah we will.''

Would be nice to see confrimation on the forums in writing, that you admins have been listening to us and understand it's too strong right now. It will be awesome if it's not as accurate

Last edited by zazo x (8 Mar 2016 14:06)

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Accuracy will be tweaked but max hit will stay how it is.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

That's awesome news. Thank's for listening to us

Player avatar

Zm Send PM

subscriber

This accuracy. Maybe it will be based on magic bonus? That would make sense.

Player avatar

Turbokuosi Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

Accuracy will be tweaked but max hit will stay how it is.

u rly need to nerf ranged then, make it s
hoot faster and hit higher often. this shit aint balanced.

[img]http://static.naamapalmu.com/files/fm/medium/mraeoyqu.gif[/img]
[img]https://media.riemurasia.net/albumit/mmedia/u/0rt/0mjm/65894/1489811851.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Teemu Send PM

betasubscriber

Zm said:

This accuracy. Maybe it will be based on magic bonus? That would make sense.

+1

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/2mq3w39.jpg[/img]
[img]http://pove.arkku.net/upload/uploads/teamfin.png[/img]

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

I don't understand why it was changed in the first place in all fairness. I'm sat on the fence with this one..makes no difference to me. If I had to choose, I'd push towards it been back as it was before.

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.