MY VIEW ON THE MAGIC UPDATE: (WHO NEEDS RANGE?)

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

72 Ranged (roughly) hit's 12's (roughly) in F2P with Bronze Arrows. Ranged has got to be one of the most painful and boring skills to train in the whole of RSC, definitely top 5 time consuming 99's. Costs a considerable amount to get 72 ranged (see next point).

69 magic hit's 12's max. Magic is probably the easiest skill in the game to train and one of the least time consuming 99's. It can be done with basic cheap runes and takes little to no time, especially with subs on normal XP, an hour at most for 69 magic, costing as little as 50k depending what spell you use.

So what is the point in training range? The way the magic formula is now, what's the point in having a ranger if I can get 69 magic 10x faster than I can 72 ranged, which can be blocked by prayer, it eliminates rangers. (If anyone says ''hey, let's create a prayer that blocks mage hits then!'' I will freak out. Stop changing RSC Pking.

Please, if you support me post with your reasons why. I propose either we revert back to the normal casting or have the formula entirely re-worked so max hit's are rare. Right now, flats fight's are over in seconds, level 90s fights are over in seconds, it's just not fun. Please fix it

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

85magic hitting 16s vs 99range hitting 20s(with rune arrows and range pot), but can be blocked.

ill take magic anyday lol.

P.S. range also doesnt effect your combat level.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

Exactly... Which I think is real shitty, 85 magic really isn't hard to get and you could be fighting someone who is so bad they can only cast twice in a round, that's more than enough to 3 hit... What happened to this game being about skill and putting in work like god damn.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

zazo x said:

So what is the point in training range?

It's an efficient and cheap way to farm black dragons, so there's that.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Hazy420 Send PM

subscriber

The new power of magic is absolutley insane...

12s with fire blasts in f2p, come on man 10s are bad enough.

be interested to see how many old school classic pkers stick around for this shit.

Player avatar

Yasuo Send PM

subscriber

I love it.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/XUaRxTo.png[/img]

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

I dont hate it, but i think if magic is gonna get a boost like this, that maybe range should also.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

I dont hate it, but i think if magic is gonna get a boost like this, that maybe range should also.

That's a good idea, but at the same time - I propose the accuracy for the damage of the spells is tweaked because right now it is constant max hit's. Fights are over in seconds and it isn't fun

Player avatar

knack baby Send PM

subscriber

We should also have god mage hit 40s max and range hit 35 max to compensate. it only makes sense now. this server is turning into a joke

Some people know more then you, and i'm one of them.
[img]https://images.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDY3NjE3ODI1NDk1NDQ5NjAvMjYyNDc2NDM2NjAwOTEzOTIxL1ZFTlQuanBnIn0.qphFDhO8hZjWCmnyxt7mEr7jG5s[/img]

Player avatar

Beatdown jr Send PM

subscriber

The fact that you don't mind level 70's wearing nothing but a weapon, can now walk up to a level 123 and 2 hit them from full hp, says a lot about you as a player.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

Beatdown jr said:

The fact that you don't mind level 70's wearing nothing but a weapon, can now walk up to a level 123 and 2 hit them from full hp, says a lot about you as a player.

The fact u don't even know who I am says a lot about u as a player because I pk on all levels I'll show you if u want. How dare u disrespect me. Also I didn't mention anything about 2 hitting flat's in this post I mentioned in a previous one it is more than possible, 4 x 12 (fire blast) = 48, leaves 52 damage meaning its more than possible so people will start doing it, how about instead of reading 1 line of a post and bringing it up the next day, you post something constructive when you are on my territory or else you will suffer in the wilderness.

Knack Baby said:

We should also have god mage hit 40s max and range hit 35 max to compensate. it only makes sense now. this server is turning into a joke

I agree but only if we can remove the 3 round combat system so it makes it fair

Player avatar

Beatdown jr Send PM

subscriber

zazo x said:

Beatdown jr said:

The fact u don't even know who I am says a lot about u as a player because I pk on all levels I'll show you if u want. How dare u disrespect me. Also I didn't mention anything about 2 hitting flat's in this post I mentioned in a previous one it is more than possible, 4 x 12 (fire blast) = 48, leaves 52 damage meaning its more than possible so people will start doing it, how about instead of reading 1 line of a post and bringing it up the next day, you post something constructive when you are on my territory or else you will suffer in the wilderness.

Knack Baby said:

Wasn't talking to you, but i forgot to Quote

I was referring to Yasuo who 'Loves it' and Gleu who 'Doesn't hate it'

ps. no i don't know who you are, and it also doesn't matter

Last edited by Beatdown jr (7 Mar 2016 01:20)

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

The point of training range is, no combat change, and to poisoin your enemies of course.

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Beatdown jr said:

zazo x said:

Beatdown jr said:

Knack Baby said:

i dont hate it because it makes sense. 16 spells, each requiring higher level magic, and more runes then the previous. it makes sense that each 1 should hit 1 higher then the previous. its actually a big disadvantage to me, and the group i pk with, as were often out numbered in the wilderness.

Player avatar

Beatdown jr Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Beatdown jr said:

zazo x said:

i dont hate it because it makes sense. 16 spells, each requiring higher level magic, and more runes then the previous. it makes sense that each 1 should hit 1 higher then the previous. its actually a big disadvantage to me, and the group i pk with, as were often out numbered in the wilderness.

Yeah, I know it makes sense if you look at it in isolation, description wise, and don't take any consequenses into account.

Doesn't change the fact that when you boil it down, what it translates to is;
Screw up the game to scratch an OCD itch.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

It could work and be fun. Just nerf the accuracy to a sensible level and viola.

Please can a higher up confirm this is happening

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Beatdown jr said:

GLeU said:

Beatdown jr said:

Yeah, I know it makes sense if you look at it in isolation, description wise, and don't take any consequenses into account.

I've yet to see it screw anything up. it effects everyone the same, and only truly benefits massive teams who can coordinate properly. i think you're jumping to conclusions far to soon, much like i did. actaully give it a shot before you give an opinion.

Player avatar

Beatdown jr Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Beatdown jr said:

GLeU said:

I've yet to see it screw anything up. it effects everyone the same, and only truly benefits massive teams who can coordinate properly. i think you're jumping to conclusions far to soon, much like i did. actaully give it a shot before you give an opinion.

I did, i 2 shot a 77 pb of my own level during f2p. 1 cast before attacking, 3rd cast as last hit after the 2nd swing.

I've been training during this weekend, but really why do i need to try it out any more?
Before this it was already pretty broken, but now it's just totally unrewarding killing people, because i know it has nothing to do with me

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Beatdown jr said:

GLeU said:

Beatdown jr said:

I did, i 2 shot a 77 pb of my own level during f2p. 1 cast before attacking, 3rd cast as last hit after the 2nd swing.

I've been training during this weekend, but really why do i need to try it out any more?
Before this it was already pretty broken, but now it's just totally unrewarding killing people, because i know it has nothing to do with me

so after 1 fight you deem it a bad update. solid testing (Y)

Player avatar

Beatdown jr Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Beatdown jr said:

GLeU said:

so after 1 fight you deem it a bad update. solid testing (Y)

No, all my characters i train in the wild, and i see the fights around me.

Like earlier when Verse and Iron was 1vs1'ing at bandit camp and red barring each other every round, untill in the 4th or 5th round the random number generator god smiled on iron and 3 hit Verse from full.
etc. etc. etc.

It's also just simple math. It's like a theoretical overkill of 87 hitpoints now. 4 casts and 3 hits equals 188 hitpoints maxed.
I'd say that leaves plenty of room for some of them to be lower than max hits and still kill 99hp... Won't you?`
Where's the gameplay in that?

Last edited by Beatdown jr (7 Mar 2016 04:12)