Server and Client Big Update on March 4th, heres the patch notes.

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Don't really understand what u mean by "code made it lag". It's the current RSC client, the pking server-sided code is the same from old server.

I actually have more responsiveness in the new client than old client by a far margin.

The only thing changed when it comes to pking is the magic formula - which will be changed back to RSCR magic formula.

More details as to why it seem to "lag" would be nice..

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

Don't really understand what u mean by "code made it lag". It's the current RSC client, the pking server-sided code is the same from old server.

I actually have more responsiveness in the new client than old client by a far margin.

The only thing changed when it comes to pking is the magic formula - which will be changed back to RSCR magic formula.

does this mean max hit for fire wave will be 11s again instead of 16?

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Fate said:

Yeah, does that mean it will be 11s again? If so that's awesome news although I wasn't opposed to it hitting 16 if it was rare.

I also agree with Yasuo, the wilderness has felt very choppy for me, went from being able to catch 20 in a row on Thursday to barely catching 2 on Tuesday and I live literally a stone-throw from the server, spam clicking infront of feet can turns my character an opposite way or stop it dead in its tracks or even make it walk back, I never had these issues on the old client or the old host only had these issues since the change. My screen also sometime's goes into 'jerk motion' (best way to describe it, is this video down below, from an old server. This is how my screen goes, then when combat engages, it's sped up 10000x.)

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Oopsie said:

GLeU said:

Fate said:

Yeah, does that mean it will be 11s again? If so that's awesome news although I wasn't opposed to it hitting 16 if it was rare.

I also agree with Yasuo, the wilderness has felt very choppy for me, went from being able to catch 20 in a row on Thursday to barely catching 2 on Tuesday and I live literally a stone-throw from the server, spam clicking infront of feet can turns my character an opposite way or stop it dead in its tracks or even make it walk back, I never had these issues on the old client or the old host only had these issues since the change. My screen also sometime's goes into 'jerk motion' (best way to describe it, is this video down below, from an old server. This is how my screen goes, then when combat engages, it's sped up 10000x.)

how can you even stand that.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

Oopsie said:

GLeU said:

how can you even stand that.

I can't lol. It's ghastly, before any of the updates everything was very smooth for me oh and for the record that's not me in the video though, it's Rauno using Windows XP (same as me) on an old server, this is just the most closely replicated footage of what's happening to me. I managed to replicate it by recording myself on my iPhone but holding it up and PKing was proving to be a real challenge, when I figure out how to do that I'll upload a video of it actually happening to me. I'm wondering whether all this has something to do with grabbing the new RSC client and also ripping all the speeds from RSC, I feel this game used to run very smoothly and it no longer does

Player avatar

Yasuo Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

Been playing rscrevolution private servers for more than 8 years... I've told everyone for the past 3 years REVO has the best coding I've ever seen.

As soon as you do some dumb ass update to bring some shitty rsc client back on a game from a old version of rsc that hasnt been updated for years than the nonstop complaints start coming in I'm not sure how hard it is to figure the problem out.

Your coding and game is better than rscrevolution OLD SHITTY OUTDATED VERSION.

The only thing needed from that shitty old version was the formulas and the quests and all npcs dialogues.

Strip the formulas.............combat(player vs player,npc vs player),magic(bonuses,hits,chances of not htting decreased due to bonuses),Armor,Range, All the real ticks for eating and using potions,

Make the wilderness Npc's the same amount as on classic.(makes players actually fight over them....)
^^You shouldn't be able to be in ONE spot with 10 people trainng getting great xp...You should have to fight for it.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/XUaRxTo.png[/img]

Player avatar

larsftw Send PM

betasubscriberDMM2_Participant

if its true you moved the server to europe, then theres something wrong.. im lagging like hell.

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/2mq3w39.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

yoyo y0z Send PM

subscriber

Both of the above

I am good at cleaning toilets

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

larsftw said:

if its true you moved the server to europe, then theres something wrong.. im lagging like hell.

It's not even in Europe anymore... It was moved back to Canada 3 days ago.

I have never felt anything smoother ever before, same goes for the whole of the staff team as well as other players i've been talking with such as Ajax, Kevin, Zomet, Thueva, Beatdown.

I still haven't got any real explanation as to why it "sucks" so much, the video above is a bad explanation, if that was the case everyone would notice it because that's as if you were on dial-up connection or playing from a windows 95.

Record a PK sequence from RSCR and we can start reviewing what's wrong.

Player avatar

larsftw Send PM

am on same internet as i been past year, 30/30.
Ill record some for you the upcoming days to show

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

larsftw said:

Thank you, that would be a lot easier, and that would help us fix the issues you have.

The only thing I can think of that you might say "sucks" is the direction tile system that was added recently, which is if you click on a players tile it will face the player. That could possibly be damaging the pking in wilderness. As for walking, no, the code is exactly the same in server and as for client it's the exactly same as from old client (nothing changed this from old -> new client).

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

larsftw said:

I have never felt anything smoother ever before, same goes for the whole of the staff team as well as other players i've been talking with such as Ajax, Kevin, Zomet, Thueva, Beatdown.

I still haven't got any real explanation as to why it "sucks" so much, the video above is a bad explanation, if that was the case everyone would notice it because that's as if you were on dial-up connection or playing from a windows 95.

im not sure who zomet is, but ajax, kevin, both are eastern canadian(like border of the country), so they wouldnt notice a whole lot of a change, thueva is swedish, and beatdown is danish. So naturally they would find it pretty good. I feel that the majority are the players who are complaining, are players from western/mid north american, and thus are a lot further away. i was only on the server for a couple mins when it was in europe, but i instantly noticed a change. Short of running to 2 servers, in 2 different loactions fate, you wont be able to please everyone sadly.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

larsftw said:

Thank you, that would be a lot easier, and that would help us fix the issues you have.

The only thing I can think of that you might say "sucks" is the direction tile system that was added recently, which is if you click on a players tile it will face the player. That could possibly be damaging the pking in wilderness. As for walking, no, the code is exactly the same in server and as for client it's the exactly same as from old client (nothing changed this from old -> new client).

i do find that direction tile system to be very annoying in the wilderness.

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

GLeU said:

Fate said:

larsftw said:

im not sure who zomet is, but ajax, kevin, both are eastern canadian(like border of the country), so they wouldnt notice a whole lot of a change, thueva is swedish, and beatdown is danish. So naturally they would find it pretty good. I feel that the majority are the players who are complaining, are players from western/mid north american, and thus are a lot further away. i was only on the server for a couple mins when it was in europe, but i instantly noticed a change. Short of running to 2 servers, in 2 different loactions fate, you wont be able to please everyone sadly.

Yes but still, it's back on our old dedicated server, have you tried PKing lately? with all the changes we done the past 2 days? It's back in Canada where we have hosted RSCR for 2 years on.

Guys, i'm not questioning you, i'm just trying to find what really is wrong so we can fix it. If it's all up to the location where server is hosted, then sadly I cannot help you.

But what's making me doubting that is that we are back as I said to our previous host.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

GLeU said:

Fate said:

Yes but still, it's back on our old dedicated server, have you tried PKing lately? with all the changes we done the past 2 days? It's back in Canada where we have hosted RSCR for 2 years on.

Guys, i'm not questioning you, i'm just trying to find what really is wrong so we can fix it. If it's all up to the location where server is hosted, then sadly I cannot help you.

But what's making me doubting that is that we are back as I said to our previous host.

It has gotten better from the 1st day i was on the new dedi(like it was for me before the switch). Whether it was because you moved back to the old one, or because you fixed something that made it run smoother, im not sure. but right now it is good for me.(western canada).

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

GLEU said:

i do find that direction tile system to be very annoying in the wilderness.

This alone, changed catching, makes your char turn sideways sometimes or walkback, catching was awesome here before that update but the direction tile update ruined it IMO- I don't know who's idea it was to implement it, probably the edge-sitters, I can't think of any situation where turning to face someone is useful... An object yeah maybe but it's crap in the wilderness. I'm sure pretty much every PKer want's this update removed

Last edited by zazo x (9 Mar 2016 21:30)

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Actually the tile direction system which RSC use was YoYos idea to replicate, and we did. I understand it may be annoying in wilderness and it can be tweaked for sure to perfection.

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

It's all I can think of right now that make's a big difference (in regards to game mechanics) to how smooth PKing is. As mentioned and I'm sure you know yourself it has changed catching, make's you turn different directions sometimes, or walk back - I can't think of a logical explanation as to why we would need it in the wilderness - is there anyway to remove it entirely from the wilderness? Server seems lag free as of now but seem's we've all experienced issues over the past 5-6 days with this. So theoretically, with this tile direction removed from Wilderness and we're back on the good host, things should be as smooth as ever.

Last edited by zazo x (9 Mar 2016 22:55)

Player avatar

larsftw Send PM

Fate said:

larsftw said:

after 10 min of pking after beeing away from the weekend:
bugs:
half the ppl are invisible or lvl 1"nulls".
Some ppl that are not he above and in your range of lvls, you cannot attack.
you can force a logout by a bug known on "real" rsc for years.
Magic still hits way too much.
I was running straight south, no trees etc. and my char just stopped moving for 1-2 sec.
client showed i wasent skulled but lost all when i died.
except the above it seems "okay" smooth, but not close to before you did this downdate.

Last edited by larsftw (13 Mar 2016 17:19)

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

larsftw said:

Fate said:

larsftw said:

after 10 min of pking after beeing away from the weekend:
bugs:
half the ppl are invisible or lvl 1"nulls".
Some ppl that are not he above and in your range of lvls, you cannot attack.
you can force a logout by a bug known on "real" rsc for years.
Magic still hits way too much.
I was running straight south, no trees etc. and my char just stopped moving for 1-2 sec.
client showed i wasent skulled but lost all when i died.
except the above it seems "okay" smooth, but not close to before you did this downdate.

I have to agree also happen to me with stopping..losing all gear when not skulled..also my casting says wait one sec after it been like 3 secs..said it 3 times in a row..also said I can't attack a level 118 IN 13 WILDY SAYING I HAVE TO BE IN LEVEL 119 TO ATTACK..

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.