Server and Client Big Update on March 4th, heres the patch notes.

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

RSCRevolution gets another round of improvements for both Client and Server core.

New Client and Server Update
We have been working extremely hard on a new RSC client to fix issues like Camera View, Data Definitions, Resize screen, Animations, etc... and lack of features we had compared to current RSC.

The new client required a rewrite of the server core for it to work. After a month of development for this patch we have finally reached the point where we can put it live on RSCRevolution.

On March 4th, Friday maintenance will take place for roughly two hours from 7.00PM UTC +1 to 9.00PM. There will be a new client update and android update.
The new client will have a base for both which means that it will be very easy for us to update both clients at the same time. We used a different base for our android client in the past and we had to port over changes each time we updated the PC client in order for android to stay equally updated.

Patch Notes (click to show) ▼

This patch is a very big one for both the client and server which can result in new bugs. We will be online the whole weekend to fix the reported bugs and other issues that might come up.

New datacenter - Dedicated server
This damn big patch is not the only thing that we have in store for you, we have actually bought a new dedicated server which we will try out for the weekend to see if it's better than our current one. The datacenter will be moved to Amsterdam - Holland. We will keep our current dedicated server just incase the new one is not working out as expected.

Something else?
Double experience weekend of course! From when the server goes live after the maintenance to Sunday 0.00 UTC.

We want to give you a perfect opportunity to level up your characters on the new clients smile

Thank you for playing RSCRevolution!
/Staff Team

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

exposed Send PM

subscriber

Fantastic job.

Player avatar

Alikben1 Send PM

subscriber

Good news!

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtvph_0EfnUoRet965eMm6xXYNSWuDN6DaG8sMDQsxjRg8kfxF[/img]

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

so clue scrolls O.O?

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Don't remove rev!!!!!!! Gives us something to do when wild is slow

Last edited by i3lunt t0k3r (2 Mar 2016 15:03)

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

battousai Send PM

subscriber

personally i like revs, but problem was you had to be in a party to attack them which frankly sucked.

Player avatar

manowar Send PM

subscriber

Wow, it's perfect. All of it. Long live RSCR!

Player avatar

Pig Send PM

subscriber

Great work!! Seriously, it made me so happy to come and read this. Everything I really wanted to see happen has been executed in this patch. I really appreciate even the detail in the little things, and I'm sure many others will see it too.
Thank you so much to those of you who put in much of your own time and for the dedication that is always evident. Best server ever! <3

CHECK OUT MY SKILLING/QUESTING SERVICES!
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 468#p44468

IGN: Ajax

Player avatar

coltan16 Send PM

subscriber

Good on you guys it really is the little things that make something good into something great!
Can u guys update us to where you guys are at on the clue scrolls?

Player avatar

Turilas Send PM

subscriber

Server in Europe yikes Cool smile

Player avatar

Kevin Send PM

subscriber

Finally now people will be able to stfu saying "When is the patch? No patch is coming... and all that fucking negativity towards staff"

Player avatar

Degeneration Send PM

Thanks fot filling us in and will be looking forward to the update

Last edited by Degeneration (2 Mar 2016 17:41)

Player avatar

Beatdown jr Send PM

subscriber

Turilas said:

Where do you see this?

Player avatar

Oopsies Back Send PM

subscriber

Beatdown jr said:

Turilas said:

Where do you see this?

It says it if u look

RIP canadians, probably will get changed back when they all start missing catches and complaining it's laggy (something euros have put up with for a long time)

Player avatar

Beatdown jr Send PM

subscriber

Oopsies Back said:

Beatdown jr said:

Turilas said:

Where do you see this?

It says it if u look

RIP canadians, probably will get changed back when they all start missing catches and complaining it's laggy (something euros have put up with for a long time)

Daaaamn nice!

Player avatar

rscr2034 Send PM

subscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Don't remove rev!!!!!!! Gives us something to do when wild is slow

Player avatar

Kevin Send PM

subscriber

Oopsies Back said:

Beatdown jr said:

Turilas said:

Where do you see this?

It says it if u look

I logged on the new dedi and test server and we Canadian got a ping good enough to do things properly.

Also meanwhile at turnip: Today we release a huge patch

Patch note :

- Made mithril seed work properly.
- Can now type normally in Chat

That's it guys!

Last edited by Kevin (2 Mar 2016 18:24)

Player avatar

Gigacus Send PM

subscriber

awwwww no I'll be moving from Florida to Indiana, 1300 miles from Friday to Sunday... gonna miss out!

Player avatar

gftygod Send PM

subscriber

What about clues?