Do you want Runecrafting as a skill?

Player avatar

Kevin Send PM

subscriber

Yes or No?

I'd say Yes.

Taking Cub design + ideas would be neat.

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

A big +1 from me but the level requirements, effort vs output, and other balancing frameworks have to be properly implemented so that we don't end up with high-level runes like nats, deaths, and bloods being overly commodified. Rune drops from fire giants and other high level monsters would also have to be correspondingly nerfed.

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

If you do introduce a new skill you will be decreasing the life expectancy of Jedi, and increasing his chances of diabetes, heart attack, high cholesterol, muscle degeneration, and general health risks overall.

Poor bloke, bless his soul

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

exposed Send PM

subscriber

Ckmoon said:

If you do introduce a new skill you will be decreasing the life expectancy of Jedi, and increasing his chances of diabetes, heart attack, high cholesterol, muscle degeneration, and general health risks overall.

Poor bloke, bless his soul

You missed out the tampons..for when Jedi dies in wildly..

Player avatar

Mod Tru Send PM

mod

Cub made a really nice and detailed suggestion about it which made me want it more than before, but I cant see anything bad with more skills, more late game and more fun to do!

So, +1 from me smile!

[img]http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vma6x4.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

pepster Send PM

subscriber

I'd be fine with it as long as you lowered the amount of runes that are dropped from monsters.  Otherwise there is no incentive to do runecrafting when you can farm greaters and get more runes.

[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/dy7kea.png[/img]

Player avatar

Pig Send PM

subscriber

+1 I think it would be a cool alternative to doing combat for runes. Regarding over saturation of the market, I believe that should be a given. It is a big task but I'm sure if it was undertaken that it would be given due diligence as always.

CHECK OUT MY SKILLING/QUESTING SERVICES!
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 468#p44468

IGN: Ajax

Player avatar

Turilas Send PM

subscriber

I would rather see slayer introduced as a new skill but I wouldn't be opposed to runecrafting.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

+1

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

Hey you guys thanks!

-NPC nerf, I would actually be against this as rune production will eventually outproduce current npcs, espically when it comes to crafting multiple runes & imbued runes.

-overproduction of high level runes, I would like to state that runecrafting will be introducing larger amounts of higher level runes. That is the purpose of rc is to reward working skilling players. of course it would take you awhile to level, we're not talking about getting 60 rc in one day. With a larger production of runes equals a stable "runes" economy. right now to be considered a mage you have to pay for all your supplies which isn't an ideal play style.

*May I remind you guys that these runes are a depleting resource, once you cast a spell they are gone. So with larger amounts of higher level runes being produced = more mages = more rune consumption = more demand = stable prices overall

Last edited by Cub (3 Mar 2016 00:16)

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

Cub said:

Hey you guys thanks!

-NPC nerf, I would actually be against this as rune production will eventually outproduce current npcs, espically when it comes to crafting multiple runes & imbued runes.

-overproduction of high level runes, I would like to state that runecrafting will be introducing larger amounts of higher level runes. That is the purpose of rc is to reward working skilling players. of course it would take you awhile to level, we're not talking about getting 60 rc in one day. With a larger production of runes equals a stable "runes" economy. right now to be considered a mage you have to pay for all your supplies which isn't an ideal play style.

*May I remind you guys that these runes are a depleting resource, once you cast a spell they are gone. So with larger amounts of higher level runes being produced = more mages = more rune consumption = more demand = stable prices overall

I'm not exactly convinced with your theory because I don't honestly believe the price of runes prohibits people from using magic. In other words, I don't think magic use will increase in response to the increase of runes. Instead, I just think the server will be flooded with runes and the prices will crash, which is shitty because its called rune-scape for a reason.

In any case, I would be happy to take part in trying to properly balance the skill with some calculations. I have comprehensive data on the collective magic xp gained by the server as a whole from which I could estimate the rune production by NPCs. We could introduce the skill with the intention of replacing this production rate with runecrafting and then nerfing the monster drops. If admin decides to add this skill and you'd like my help, don't hesitate to message me.

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

Evan said:

Cub said:

Hey you guys thanks!

I'm not exactly convinced with your theory because I don't honestly believe the price of runes prohibits people from using magic. In other words, I don't think magic use will increase in response to the increase of runes. Instead, I just think the server will be flooded with runes and the prices will crash, which is shitty because its called rune-scape for a reason.

In any case, I would be happy to take part in trying to properly balance the skill with some calculations. I have comprehensive data on the collective magic xp gained by the server as a whole from which I could estimate the rune production by NPCs. We could introduce the skill with the intention of replacing this production rate with runecrafting and then nerfing the monster drops. If admin decides to add this skill and you'd like my help, don't hesitate to message me.

My point wasn't that prices prohibit mages, my point overall was that currently the production of runes is insignificant for mages (1-(40+)-1). The market would overall respond well to the increase in runes. the offset would be indeed a increase mages. The prime example is rs2 when it was first released rune prices stabilized with the introduction with runecrafting.

I've played the real rsc and have experienced what happens as a mage when we have no control over our depleting main resources (I was paying 5k-25k per blood rune in the height of mage staking) Any vet can confirm that blood runes and other high level runes were notoriously high.

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

Cub said:

Evan said:

Cub said:

Hey you guys thanks!

My point wasn't that prices prohibit mages, my point overall was that currently the production of runes is insignificant for mages (1-(40+)-1). The market would overall respond well to the increase in runes. the offset would be indeed a increase mages. The prime example is rs2 when it was first released rune prices stabilized with the introduction with runecrafting.

I've played the real rsc and have experienced what happens as a mage when we have no control over our depleting main resources (I was paying 5k-25k per blood rune in the height of mage staking) Any vet can confirm that blood runes and other high level runes were notoriously high.

Let's clarify something. The production of runes by NPCs is currently high and not insignificant as you suggest, which is why deaths are 200-350ea and bloods are 250-400ea which are pretty affordable prices. Morever, these prices are very stable so your comparisons to 25k blood runes in RSC are not relevant. Take a look at the price guide in my signature if you're not convinced. If we then introduce rcing without nerfing monsters, the rune production rate is essentially doubled which means rune prices are going to crash which is bullshit.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

I'm all for runecrafting, i'm sure the staff will make sure it is well thought out and balance the economy.  I'd also love to see slayer as well, with some unique aesthetic rewards, similar to what is being done with clue scrolls.  I feel as if clue scrolls is pretty much going to be slayer without the skill points.  Why not just have slayer?

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

S O B BSpace said:

I'm all for runecrafting, i'm sure the staff will make sure it is well thought out and balance the economy.  I'd also love to see slayer as well, with some unique aesthetic rewards, similar to what is being done with clue scrolls.  I feel as if clue scrolls is pretty much going to be slayer without the skill points.  Why not just have slayer?

why not have both with different rewards.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

GLeU said:

S O B BSpace said:

why not have both with different rewards.

Nobody said anything about not having both.  But clue scrolls are being brought to the game, and as far as I'm aware, no dev has talked about any plan to implement slayer any time soon.  My point was I'd rather have a skill implemented than a feature that has all the design elements of that skill without the skill points.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

No runes are already easily obtainable and cheap.  They also make up a lot of the profit for players farming dragons,demons fire giants. If we had a shortage of runes I would be all for it, but that is not the case.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

joe dirt said:

No runes are already easily obtainable and cheap.  They also make up a lot of the profit for players farming dragons,demons fire giants. If we had a shortage of runes I would be all for it, but that is not the case.

So only people who are flats should have an abundance of runes? What about the mages who are 1-40-1?

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Cub said:

joe dirt said:

So only people who are flats should have an abundance of runes? What about the mages who are 1-40-1?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but it's simple. Make a flats!

Player avatar

Ilike2fish Send PM

subscriber

no to rc.