Reinvigorate the game.

Player avatar

shrekenator Send PM

subscriber

Had a few ideas that I think will really help the game grow. Obviously not all of them are feasible, but some of the additions would really help bring back life to some of the dead areas of the game.

First thing, Ardy Auction house. Yes I know Edge is the spot for AH. BUT, if there were one in Ardy it could help populate a dead area of the game. Ardy has so much potential for skillers, pking etc. Bringing an AH to Ardy would give people a new place to hang out, it would help with deep wild pking like back in the day and could lead way to new additions (Towns, hunting areas, etc). A simple boat ride to Ardy instead of Edge could make either spot ideal, depending on what you are trying to do.

Simple additions like agility shortcuts, fishing areas near banks and new hunting spots could reinvigorate Ardy and get people out of the same old boring Edge and out pking in wild, tackling new bosses etc.

Life Rune - Im not sure if it has been mentioned but I was wondering if any plans were in the works for a summoning type skill? Even having a companion would rock. I know they intended to implement it in RSC but never got around to it. Same with construction.

Weapons and armor - We have all these cool weapons that never had a use and it would be cool to maybe implement something new. NOT something more powerful per say, but a weapon with say +1 poison and the same stats as a r2h or dlong. This would give people something new to shoot for without breaking the game. With it could come a new extremely powerful boss, quest, or both.

Also +1 skill outfits. Like crafting apron, mining gloves, etc. These additions could also help the economy whilst adding another aspect to the game, something new yet not too far off RSC. These type of items will encourage players to reach for something other than the same old party hats. Could also have special capes or hats for people who have passed 1000+ PK's etc, further setting apart the good from the bad.

Would love to see some of the old areas poppin again. Simply adding a new monster, thieving chest, quest, w.e., could really get people moving around the map. Would have that buzz we once had after a new big update.

That being said the updates that have been released have been simply amazing. Ironman is the very "different" we need to get back the people who gave up on the game long ago.

Im sure I will get flamed by people saying this isn't RS2. Well you're right, it isn't. But had they continued to develop the game I highly doubt they would have left it as is. They had plans for the game which is apparent by some of the items and areas that were never finished.

Just trying to brainstorm some new ideas that may help spark further interest.

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

+1 on agility shortcuts

-1 on summoning (sick of the if rsc would have continued argument, it didn't thus the draw to play rscr for simplicity and the ease to get into it)

+1to cosmetics don't mind those, but the skill specific outfits for exp you mean?

All in all, the server is too small to see people in every city , a quest or anything will not draw out people. Some time of boss monster might though.

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

shrekenator Send PM

subscriber

These "upgrades" could bring more people in though.

Setting us apart from other private servers is crucial for the overall success of the game.

Cosmetics is huge in this game. We have so many weapons, armors, etc being unused. Why not work them in to quests, bosses, etc. Giving some items +1 thieving for example could open up so much customization, both aesthetically and economical. Take some of the focus off of Hats...

Also weapons could be introduced without breaking the game. Simply adding +1 poison to an item could give people a new exciting rare to reach for while still keeping things balanced.

I dunno just some ideas. Breaks my heart to see all the areas never finished, items never finished, and the "what could have been" is ever present.

At least we got people who are keeping the game alive with great innovation and ideas. Instead of capping these ideas and labeling them as "NewSchool", why not delve into them and create something worthwhile that sets us apart and leads way to a successful path.