Raising level cap to 105 or 110

Player avatar

Shot5times Send PM

subscriber

Lots of us don't have any interest in trying "iron man", so raising the level caps from 99 to 105, or 110 even; would provide quite a bit more replay value, and more reasons to play.

Last edited by Shot5times (9 Feb 2016 14:05)

HexRated/young p/p da ghost/ghostface
Let me show you why they call me the ghost..

Player avatar

manowar Send PM

subscriber

I actually dig this, for any skills except combat. If someone has 30M xp, why not let them be level 108 or whatever. It may not even have to count toward skill total so the highscores would not be affected.

Maybe higher combat stats could be incorperated into a special dueling arena only. 120 strength anyone?

Player avatar

Thoth33 Send PM

subscriber

I would be in favor of a 120 (200mxp) cap.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Why exclude combat.

Player avatar

Shot5times Send PM

subscriber

I'd almost say it would be mostly because of combat. I suppose if skillers want some high score action then make it for non combat as well.
I am in favor of a 120 cap, I mean hell that would make it a whole new game for the people already with flats. 110 Atleast..

HexRated/young p/p da ghost/ghostface
Let me show you why they call me the ghost..

Player avatar

JoJoman11 Send PM

subscriber

I would love to habe a 120 max!  Like shot5times said it would make it a whole New game indeed smile.

Player avatar

Pegi Send PM

beta

would just give an edge to the players with most times in their hands. while this nerd who plays 20 hours a day would achieve that in a very short period of time, the average joe with full time job alongside with other IRL responsibilities will train it for good 6 months.

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/dy3c6r.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

-1 sorry

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Hate it in rs3, would hate it here. Such a waste of resources

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

manowar Send PM

subscriber

The point of excluding combat is to avoid totally altering the dynamic of the game. The main reason I would entertain this concept would be to reward skillers who have gone above and beyond. No true benefits would be needed, in order to stay true to the original.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Pegi said:

would just give an edge to the players with most times in their hands. while this nerd who plays 20 hours a day would achieve that in a very short period of time, the average joe with full time job alongside with other IRL responsibilities will train it for good 6 months.

That's literally every single MMORPG in the world you twit. Why should this be any different.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Pegi said:

Agreed -1 dont touch combat. Took me long enough to get 99s.... Fuck training more.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Roxy Rose Send PM

subscriber

What would be the point besides the high scores? Unless I can start mining Dragon Ore and smiting Dragon equipment, or fishing for the Loch Ness Monster, or using my Level 110 Herblore to make some dank ass weed or something big_smile

I'm not even close to 99 anything, but I wouldn't really care for anything over the level cap unless it was going to introduce some new content... maybe nothing as ridiculous as what I previous have mentioned, but something smile

I like the idea overall, just would like to see the level cap increase WITH new content

Last edited by Roxy Rose (10 Feb 2016 23:44)

Support the "St. Patrick's Day Drink-A-Thon!"
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 130#p47130

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Roxy Rose said:

What would be the point besides the high scores? Unless I can start mining Dragon Ore and smiting Dragon equipment, or fishing for the Loch Ness Monster, or using my Level 110 Herblore to make some dank ass weed or something big_smile

I'm not even close to 99 anything, but I wouldn't really care for anything over the level cap unless it was going to introduce some new content... maybe nothing as ridiculous as what I previous have mentioned, but something smile

I like the idea overall, just would like to see the level cap increase WITH new content

It wouldn't be significant, but it would still be something.

I've been out of the game for a while until ironman, but I believe sharks still burn at 99 cooking without gauntlets, correct?  Also, many batch skills will get an increase in amount, could eventually cook/fletch/fish full loads in one click.  Thieving success rates would increase as well, especially on paladin/hero.  So I don't see the harm in it.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Roxy Rose Send PM

subscriber

S O B BSpace said:

Roxy Rose said:

It wouldn't be significant, but it would still be something.

I've been out of the game for a while until ironman, but I believe sharks still burn at 99 cooking without gauntlets, correct?  Also, many batch skills will get an increase in amount, could eventually cook/fletch/fish full loads in one click.  Thieving success rates would increase as well, especially on paladin/hero.  So I don't see the harm in it.

Good points. I suppose if it just increases minor chance ratios like cooking or successful pickpocketing, I don't see why not either.

Either way, +1 smile

Support the "St. Patrick's Day Drink-A-Thon!"
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 130#p47130

Player avatar

Ilike2fish Send PM

subscriber

raise the max level for ironman accounts haha big_smile