Anyway to run the game if anti-virus is blocking?

Player avatar

eviluim Send PM

subscriber

May be a stupid question, but I want to play RSCR while im at work, but the AV blocks it, and has a password on it. Is there anything I can do to play at work?

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Connect via the WiFi in your phone lol.

Player avatar

eviluim Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

It doesn't block me from downloading it it stops me from opening it lol

Player avatar

jessefk93 Send PM

subscriber

eviluim said:

GLeU said:

I don't think you could do anything without violating your work's rules.
If it was me, I would probably look into somehow getting AV disabled temporarily with an admin override of some sort.
If that didn't work, I'd boot from linux and play off ubuntu or something similar.

Player avatar

eviluim Send PM

subscriber

jessefk93 said:

eviluim said:

GLeU said:

I don't think you could do anything without violating your work's rules.
If it was me, I would probably look into somehow getting AV disabled temporarily with an admin override of some sort.
If that didn't work, I'd boot from linux and play off ubuntu or something similar.

Hmm, I didn't think of this. I wonder if I could get the program I use at work on ubuntu.

Player avatar

jessefk93 Send PM

subscriber

Usb drive with ubuntu on it, reboot your machine and boot from usb. It will override any of their bullshit they have in place (more than likely, but you will want to run from usb, not install on their hard drive). This leaves you a bit more "untraceable."

Player avatar

eviluim Send PM

subscriber

jessefk93 said:

Usb drive with ubuntu on it, reboot your machine and boot from usb. It will override any of their bullshit they have in place (more than likely, but you will want to run from usb, not install on their hard drive). This leaves you a bit more "untraceable."

Gonna try this, gotta see if I can get the program I use for work to run on it at home and then if I can ill use it. Thanks for your suggestion, very helpful.

Edit: Going to try to use bluestacks android emulator to run the android app.

Last edited by eviluim (10 Feb 2016 14:53)

Player avatar

eviluim Send PM

subscriber

What I ended up doing was using Chrome remote desktop and run it at my house and play through it, It works surprisingly well.