Reverse-engineering Loot & Jewelry

Player avatar

punKrockeR Send PM

subscriber

You know there's literally hundreds of items in this game that are useless, like rings and necklaces. I think we should add a reverse-engineer feature where you can use jewelry on a Furnace and then you get some parts back. Eg. 3 rings gives you back a gold bar, 2 rings gives you back the gem or whatever. Maybe even make it possible to reverse engineer other items like short swords and daggers back into bars or whatever (obviously these particular items should have a bad item:bar ratio to prevent people from exploiting it to grind smithing xp without ores). This could give people a good reason to collect crappy useless item drops for skilling.

Another idea would be to make them actually useful, like making rings wearable and enchantable. But that will obviously affect game balance, especially in the wilderness, so I think this might be a better RSC-friendly solution. Unless we made them skill-only? Eg. Enchantable rings and necklaces that make it more likely to get ores or gems or fish etc. This obviously is RS2/RS3 territory so I don't know if it's a good idea, but the reverse-engineered loot system is a good compromise I feel. It's not advantageous over ore smelting, but it gives us a reason to collect crap items. Especially on noob accounts.

Anyway just an idea smile take it or leave it. Peace.

Last edited by punKrockeR (1 Feb 2016 01:14)

"I am an Anarchist! Wherefore I will
Not rule, & also ruled I will not be!"

— John Henry Mackay

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

+1

Enchanted dragon stone ring giving a higher % chance of rarer loot would be cool

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

punKrockeR Send PM

subscriber

Ckmoon said:

+1

Enchanted dragon stone ring giving a higher % chance of rarer loot would be cool

Yeah exactly man, something like that would be great if it wasn't overpowered. Anything to make the game more interesting without compromising balance.

"I am an Anarchist! Wherefore I will
Not rule, & also ruled I will not be!"

— John Henry Mackay

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

I really like this idea, it makes sense to melt it down to get silver, gold, gems, bars etc.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

manowar Send PM

subscriber

Interesting idea +1 I am in favor of making many of the useless items in the game relevant again.

Player avatar

Gigacus Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

I think it's an ok idea but id like to see something being done with rings and necklaces instead of just a re use option.

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Loot ring be cool but if any bonus rings to add armour power n aim are neg 1

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Hmm, I like it. Maybe 1/3 of the original amount of bars should be given back.

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

Scraps could obtained from breaking down rings, amulets, etc. based on rarity of the jewelry.

Gem Shards
Gold Scraps

Combine in Furnace to make bars. Find a way to repair Gem Shards, or take to an NPC that can exchange them.

Graphic Designer // IGN: NoxX, England