Player avatar

aquacool Send PM

subscriber

Can't wait for clues, trying to understand what iron man actually is .. smile

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

aquacool said:

Can't wait for clues, trying to understand what iron man actually is .. smile

Iron Man is essentially the game on hard-mode. Without interaction of items from other players or the AH, you will have to level your character entirely by yourself, without the help from anyone.

Graphic Designer // IGN: NoxX, England

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Just want to make it clear that this is absolutely your own choice, you are not forced to play in any of these game modes. As I have receieved a lot of requests to make iron man mode for RSC, I kind of want to try it out and see if there really are big interests in the game play. It won't hurt to try it out. smile

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

Just want to make it clear that this is absolutely your own choice, you are not forced to play in any of these game modes. As I have receieved a lot of requests to make iron man mode for RSC, I kind of want to try it out and see if there really are big interests in the game play. It won't hurt to try it out. smile

so we try it out get far then it becomes not popular and is removed or nah?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GH0nYE6.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

i have already maxed 1 account out 1782 skill my 2nd is 1687 which i will max out but this seems like a waste of time doing iron man without some kind of reward other then personal or social fame.

Last edited by fear nothing (28 Jan 2016 20:20)

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

fear nothing said:

Fate said:

No I would not remove the mode as it does not hurt the server really.

I will also make it possible to delete the ironman mode from the character you have choosen to be ironman on. With a 3-5 day counter in case you'd change your mind to stay as a ironman.

There are really no rewards for doing ironman except for having a symbol next to your name ingame as well as a separate ironman highscore, and of course being respected for playing in either of these modes.

Could you think of any reasonable rewards for being an iron man other than what I mentioned above?

Thanks.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

7 letter man Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

fear nothing said:

Fate said:

I will also make it possible to delete the ironman mode from the character you have choosen to be ironman on. With a 3-5 day counter in case you'd change your mind to stay as a ironman.

There are really no rewards for doing ironman except for having a symbol next to your name ingame as well as a separate ironman highscore, and of course being respected for playing in either of these modes.

Could you think of any reasonable rewards for being an iron man other than what I mentioned above?

Thanks.

Some Iron Man limited rare, I think. That'd be pretty boss.

Are current iron men included by default?

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

fear nothing said:

Fate said:

Thanks.

maybe ironman only rares? 1000 skill ect ect ect of when you have time to create them or maybe like bonus pack 1 mil gp at 800 skill ect ect for ultimate which will be the hardest

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

Maybe use this mask for the rare tongue
ERNmr6S.jpg

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

Maybe we can release collectible limited items for Iron Man users each month.

For example, gaining 500k experience in Smithing in the month of June could reward a limited edition item or icon reward for any Iron Man accounts that achieve that goal.

The next month would be a different item or icon. Could even implement forum and highscore rewards.

Graphic Designer // IGN: NoxX, England

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

I was thinking about the Ultimate iron man mode last night the feature " no banking."  I am wondering how people will do quests that require gathering of large amount's of items.

Example  Demon slayer - The part where you bring Wizard Traiborn  25 bones. 
Underground pass - a quest that has you hold multiple items at once + food and other possessions.
Waterfall quest - would we be required to keep Glarial's pebble?

Can the bank be customized so it only holds " quest related items "  or even just limited space like half a page or just 1 with certain items being excluded from depositing.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

fear nothing said:

Fate said:

Thanks.

Possible reward idea - A Black Sabbath cape.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

EWM Send PM

subscriber

iron man suit for iron man mode

Player avatar

Exotic Dance Send PM

subscriber

Just don't add gear with increased stat bonuses.

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

joe dirt said:

I was thinking about the Ultimate iron man mode last night the feature " no banking."  I am wondering how people will do quests that require gathering of large amount's of items.

Underground pass - a quest that has you hold multiple items at once + food and other possessions.

Can the bank be customized so it only holds " quest related items "  or even just limited space like half a page or just 1 with certain items being excluded from depositing.

or add like only 30 spaces from bank allowed,  basically double inventory

Player avatar

cafedunier Send PM

subscriber

fear nothing said:

Maybe use this mask for the rare tongue
http://i.imgur.com/ERNmr6S.jpg

Love this idea

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

joe dirt said:

You don't have to get all the bones at once.

I'm assuming Glarial's pebble is replaceable.

Player avatar

D rek Send PM

subscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Kevin said:

Fate said:

Hello I have seen alot of interest in iron man mode. I decided to do it and heres a picture of the GUI where u will select your iron man type.

http://i.imgur.com/z13Z3Bl.png

I want to release iron man this weekend.

I am also developing the clue scrolls system as we speak I think it's safe to say that clue scrolls + the new items are going to be released within the upcoming week.

I hope you like the direction we are taking and continuing RSC, once again I don't want to get out of hand with all the RS2 features, i'm just implementing what our community has suggested.

Best regards,
fate.

It's important people understand that this won't be RS2. Some people might be scared to see some changes but most changes that will happen are changes that will make RSCR a better place to be.

Staff is aware of what suit and dont suit RSC.

Also, RSC need to have more stuff to it. Not the stuff we all been used to. There is much more that can be done and it's up to RSCR Staff + the community to work all together in the same direction to bring RSC where it deserve to be .

I am happy to be part of this community!

That is true but alot of us don't wanna play a server thats turning to a RSC version of rs2
With that being said I think the iron man thing is cool I'd never do it though

strait ☝

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

i honestly think no banking at all is 2 extremely. on RS2 you didnt have your armor stuck in your inventory, taking up 5-7 slots. i think a few bank spaces, for armor and quest items should be considered for ultimate ironman.

Player avatar

cafedunier Send PM

subscriber

Can Ultimate Ironman use AH?