Smithing GUI rework suggestion

Player avatar

Skoomace Send PM

Hello, I really like to make bars and smith armor in RSC, but thing is, the text based GUI is very slow to use, has way too many clicks, is too hard to use on Android with a small screen and has no lvl requirements shown. Because of that I came up with this GUI design, I made it in hurry with MS Paint, so sorry for lack of quality.

2d12357386bcdee7f8a831d753f0bc94.png

This design could feature item picture, item name, level requirement and how many does 1 bar make. There could also be a right-click menu for make: 1, 5, 10, x and make-all OR level-based batch system could be implemented. Any suggestions or opinions are greatly accepted, let me know what you think smile
Skoomace, a random noob smith.

EDIT: I think something similar could be implemented to fletching?

Last edited by Skoomace (20 Jan 2016 19:08)

Player avatar

Thoth33 Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

Johnny420 Send PM

subscriber

Very good idea. Gives more incintive to bank ores and smith.

[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/25rfqc9.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Ids Send PM

i don't like this. i do think smithing should be batched, though.

Player avatar

Skoomace Send PM

Ids said:

i don't like this. i do think smithing should be batched, though.

Well this is just a visual rework, just a new GUI, I think it could be toggle-able, just in case you don't like it

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

I would go for this... The other idea I thought of was to have the entire area around the text line be clickable or have the text be in rectangular buttons on android, this way I would not wander off every time I tried to smith something and would be able to select what I want. Smithing is nearly impossible on android so while it may not be ideal some compromise would be nice, even if it was just different for the android version and kept the same on computer.

Last edited by Ghasp (24 Jan 2016 22:39)

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

puremax123 Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

Skoomace Send PM

Suggestions and opinions are welcome smile

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

+1. I love the idea and feel like some of the old RSC interfaces could use a redesign, which is something that would have been done if RSC was still actively developed today.

Graphic Designer // IGN: NoxX, England

Player avatar

Zenadix Send PM

+1 for this, I hate it when my character just keeps running around while smithing, because the current interface is so hard to use.