Update (VIDEO RELEASE) Made By NoxX

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

Fate said:

Someone came with an idea yesterday which I really really liked.

Making skillers able to obtain clue scrolls through skilling. Let say you are mining and eventually VERY rare you could find a clue scroll from the rocks. This way you are able to obtain the clue scrolls from both farming NPCs and while skilling.

Love the idea! Let's roll with it. Will the scrolls be skill based objectives?

Graphic Designer // IGN: NoxX, England

Player avatar

Mod Tru Send PM

mod

Fate said:

Making skillers able to obtain clue scrolls through skilling. Let say you are mining and eventually VERY rare you could find a clue scroll from the rocks. This way you are able to obtain the clue scrolls from both farming NPCs and while skilling.

You liked it huh? smile

[img]http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vma6x4.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

Making skillers able to obtain clue scrolls through skilling.

So mining, fishing, woodcutting, and thieving. I guess it wouldn't hurt skillers.

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Ids Send PM

Ckmoon said:

Fate said:

So mining, fishing, woodcutting, and thieving. I guess it wouldn't hurt skillers.

Finding a paper scroll in the water would be kinda.. odd.. Same with cutting a tree and then just randomly getting a piece of paper. Thieving however seems perfect. You empty another human being its pockets and find a scroll. That sounds "normal". What you could do is introduce birds nests like they are on RS2 and and make a nest fall out of the tree that either gives something like a gem (because farming isn't in RSC, seeds would be odd) OR that clue scroll.

Player avatar

aquacool Send PM

subscriber

Excellent presentation talk about content update and I fully agree with what has been said. Keeping the real feel of rsc with updating content which won't effect gameplay is better than an update of creating hardware/connection problems for players ie: player is required to update device or buy new android etc.

Graphics are good as they are at the moment, which gives you that awesome gameplay feel, where as rs3 graphics takes the piss on loading it all...

If possible android display should be improved as at the moment everything is zoomed in. Maybe zoom out and zoom in can be introduced?

Cant wait to test and play the new content. big_smile

Last edited by aquacool (17 Jan 2016 13:51)

Player avatar

manowar Send PM

subscriber

Interesting discussion. I too am glad for the transparency shown regarding coming updates and plans for the far future. I am on board with the direction of this server. I just hope it is never "commercialized" to the extent that you pretty much have to dish out cash to get reward bonuses or items. If players want to spend the time earning in-game gp to get subscriptions then that only strengthens the economy in my view. The present situation seems sustainable as long as there is no further increase of xp subbed or otherwise.

Ids said:

Ckmoon said:

Fate said:

Finding a paper scroll in the water would be kinda.. odd.. Same with cutting a tree and then just randomly getting a piece of paper. Thieving however seems perfect. You empty another human being its pockets and find a scroll. That sounds "normal". What you could do is introduce birds nests like they are on RS2 and and make a nest fall out of the tree that either gives something like a gem (because farming isn't in RSC, seeds would be odd) OR that clue scroll.

Nice idea, Tru! RSC is already biased toward combat enough, so every opportunity ought to be taken to encourage skilling.

In answer to Ids, I think finding scrolls in various skilling activities is not at all far-fetched.

Mining: "you unearth a weathered parchment" or "you spot a small bit of paper stuffed in a crevice"

Woodcutting: "you find an old clue scroll that has been hidden within the tree"

Fishing: "you pull a bottle out of the water that has a scroll rolled up inside"

Thieving is obvious: "you retrieve a slip of paper covered in scribbled handwriting"

Player avatar

monster Send PM

subscriber

Damn, you guys have come a long way from where this all started.
You're really doing what rscrevolution should have continued doing. Very, very nice work.

Player avatar

Havalian Send PM

subscriber

Awesome.  I really appreciate the time is takes to do stuff like this, so thank you.

So easy, medium and hard scrolls correspond to easy, medium and hard caskets?  And when you solve all of the clues from one scroll you get the casket?

Looking forward to the updates!!

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

Havalian said:

Awesome.  I really appreciate the time is takes to do stuff like this, so thank you.

So easy, medium and hard scrolls correspond to easy, medium and hard caskets?  And when you solve all of the clues from one scroll you get the casket?

Looking forward to the updates!!

That is all correct, Havalian.

Player avatar

gftygod Send PM

subscriber

How long till it's done?

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

gftygod said:

How long till it's done?

We just finished multiple GUI elements for various updates and the coding for the scrolls is currently being worked on among other client updates such as OpenGL for the mobile environments, etc.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Hurry up I want 1 of them sexy AF zamorak female plates and skirts.

Player avatar

gftygod Send PM

subscriber

Ty for the update on what's happening

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

GLeU said:

Hurry up I want 1 of them sexy AF zamorak female plates and skirts.

Haha we're working as dilligently is possible to get this update to the community.

Player avatar

punKrockeR Send PM

subscriber

Epic.

"I am an Anarchist! Wherefore I will
Not rule, & also ruled I will not be!"

— John Henry Mackay