Update (VIDEO RELEASE) Made By NoxX

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Hello guys, KayEss (NoxX) made an outstanding video update on Youtube where he explains our latest upcoming updates, answering a few questions regarding the new item sprites and clue scroll system.

It really makes me happy to see his professionalism and all the devotion towards community questions and updates. Please listen to his video and give him some support!

lcjuF21.png?2

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

iced out Send PM

subscriber

thanks for your hard work guys!!!

Player avatar

Hector Fahrenheit Send PM

subscriber

I haven't been this exited since the old rsc/rs2 days.

Player avatar

AR Send PM

subscriber

Very excited now thankyou so much for all you do staff team I love you's for it <3

IGN - x Alex x & Pk Alex

Player avatar

jizzwizard Send PM

subscriber

Well said! I agree that nostalgia only goes so far and extending to the endgame is what will keep us alive and active. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by jizzwizard (15 Jan 2016 22:17)

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Really wasn't expecting as much transparency/content. Impressive work guys!

Keep at it -- doing amazing...

[img]http://s15.postimg.org/v72kufao7/ephrin_signature.png[/img]

Player avatar

grampaflower Send PM

subscriber

Wow I love the coloring of the caskets. I use to hoard caskets loved them so much this is awesome!

-side note are you going to make the casket rewards from Clue Scroll tradeable or or only the content within them?

Last edited by grampaflower (16 Jan 2016 01:53)

Player avatar

happygoatman Send PM

subscriber

I think this is really cool but I don't want caskets or rewards to effect the economy in any obnoxious or ridiculous way, in fact creating some non-tradables would be cool considering how many new "rares" that have already been added that defy classics "classic" nature of content. I guess more cosmetic items would be cool, especially if they were locked to accounts, because I hate when one item suddenly costs more than our bank and only one person has it, then a thousand caskets open and the item crashes by 59 million gp because 435 are added to the market. I reccomend more locked content, and less spamming of discontinued tradables during holiday's. rscrevolution eventually made holiday items bound, and I think we should do this.. Because our new rares will actuslly feel like rares! Ik  rainbow, orange, purple, etc, hats should eventually raise in price, but we already added a ton of non-classic content. I think making non-tradable holiday items and quest rewards adds a dimension to the game that's fun and fulfilling. Not everything is a market manipulator opportunity. I also think suddenly making items rare is cool, like removing spinach rolls from all drop tables for example, to make an unnecessary item in the game, a suddenly and randomly rare item. Like half wines for example. You should expirment in making pre-existing items to discontinue. That was a very cool unexpected twist to the market back in the day. Even disabling black medium helmets from drop tables, or making black bars drop as an ultimate rare drop from black knights for a black Friday event. That's how rares should be done, unexpectedly occurring discontinued items would make cool rares within moderation. Let's disable a few preexisting items  from being obtainable instead of making 50 shades of clay, if you know,what I mean wink

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

happygoatman said:

I think this is really cool but I don't want caskets or rewards to effect the economy in any obnoxious or ridiculous way, in fact creating some non-tradables would be cool considering how many new "rares" that have already been added that defy classics "classic" nature of content. I guess more cosmetic items would be cool, especially if they were locked to accounts, because I hate when one item suddenly costs more than our bank and only one person has it, then a thousand caskets open and the item crashes by 59 million gp because 435 are added to the market. I reccomend more locked content, and less spamming of discontinued tradables during holiday's. rscrevolution eventually made holiday items bound, and I think we should do this.. Because our new rares will actuslly feel like rares! Ik  rainbow, orange, purple, etc, hats should eventually raise in price, but we already added a ton of non-classic content. I think making non-tradable holiday items and quest rewards adds a dimension to the game that's fun and fulfilling. Not everything is a market manipulator opportunity. I also think suddenly making items rare is cool, like removing spinach rolls from all drop tables for example, to make an unnecessary item in the game, a suddenly and randomly rare item. Like half wines for example. You should expirment in making pre-existing items to discontinue. That was a very cool unexpected twist to the market back in the day. Even disabling black medium helmets from drop tables, or making black bars drop as an ultimate rare drop from black knights for a black Friday event. That's how rares should be done, unexpectedly occurring discontinued items would make cool rares within moderation. Let's disable a few preexisting items  from being obtainable instead of making 50 shades of clay, if you know,what I mean wink

The items introduced from the caskets are in no way going to introduce "rare" items. At release, the items obtained from caskets will be rare, just because of the nature from releasing a new item. You should notice in time those items will be "rarer," but not extremely rare.

My perception of a rare item is similar to yours. An item is released on the Holidays as an item that every player can obtain, and eventually as the items disappear from deaths, or the player-base grows, that item becomes rarer in turn. Naturally, if you will. An item shouldn't be released as a "rare" - it should be released as a "holiday item" or "special event item." When releasing this update, you shouldn't notice an economy collapse or extreme shift, and some items in the future may not be tradable, such as cosmetics that are introduced as subscription incentives, casket obtainables, etc. if the future does hold that.

Graphic Designer // IGN: NoxX, England

Player avatar

happygoatman Send PM

subscriber

KayEsS said:

happygoatman said:

I think this kis really cool but I don't want caskets or rewards to effect the economy in any obnoxious or ridiculous way, in fact creating some non-tradables would be cool considering how many new "rares" that have already been added that defy classics "classic" nature of content. I guess more cosmetic items would be cool, especially if they were locked to accounts, because I hate when one item suddenly costs more than our bank and only one person has it, then a thousand caskets open and the item crashes by 59 million gp because 435 are added to the market. I reccomend more locked content, and less spamming of discontinued tradables during holiday's. rscrevolution eventually made holiday items bound, and I think we should do this.. Because our new rares will actuslly feel like rares! Ik  rainbow, orange, purple, etc, hats should eventually raise in price, but we already added a ton of non-classic content. I think making non-tradable holiday items and quest rewards adds a dimension to the game that's fun and fulfilling. Not everything is a market manipulator opportunity. I also think suddenly making items rare is cool, like removing spinach rolls from all drop tables for example, to make an unnecessary item in the game, a suddenly and randomly rare item. Like half wines for example. You should expirment in making pre-existing items to discontinue. That was a very cool unexpected twist to the market back in the day. Even disabling black medium helmets from drop tables, or making black bars drop as an ultimate rare drop from black knights for a black Friday event. That's how rares should be done, unexpectedly occurring discontinued items would make cool rares within moderation. Let's disable a few preexisting items  from being obtainable instead of making 50 shades of clay, if you know,what I mean wink

The items introduced from the caskets are in no way going to introduce "rare" items. At release, the items obtained from caskets will be rare, just because of the nature from releasing a new item. You should notice in time those items will be "rarer," but not extremely rare.

My perception of a rare item is similar to yours. An item is released on the Holidays as an item that every player can obtain, and eventually as the items disappear from deaths, or the player-base grows, that item becomes rarer in turn. Naturally, if you will. An item shouldn't be released as a "rare" - it should be released as a "holiday item" or "special event item." When releasing this update, you shouldn't notice an economy collapse or extreme shift, and some items in the future may not be tradable, such as cosmetics that are introduced as subscription incentives, casket obtainables, etc. if the future does hold that.

That sounds cool with me, fellow classic addict. I'm pleased with what I've read, especially after knowing there's future plans to have some non-trade goodies here or there. I can understand offering bound items to subscribed players, or for freshly paid subbers. I think the most chill way of doing that would be a means of activation of subscriptions instead of rewarding a cosmetic item upon purchase, cause ALOT of sub's are bought with the intent to be sold for GP. Meaning, having a random chance or a garenteed redemption of a cosmetical item given to the player when the sub is ACTIVATED, not when paid for, so the person who used hard work for their gp, decides to buy a players sub card, and then gets the bound item upon activation so that the person who deserves a cool gift gets one, instead of say, giving "jojojean" 20 cosmetic items (or 20 chances to get an item) into his bank along with the 20 sub's he just donated for.  I guess I'm saying the people who use the sub ultimately earn or deserve a chance to have something special, not the guy spending hundreds on subs just to sell them to buy rares. Activation = player that presumably becomes active in-game more often to make use of his temporary experience and batches increased benefits. Makes more sense to add something pleasent for the sub user, not the initial buyer, cause all businessmen know "you get what you pay for" . smile I can imagine my sub wizard popping up next to me and saying "oh!, my!, you've been granted 30 days of in-game benefits. Keep this between us! I happen to have a pair of white leather gloves on me, and I need you to do something with them for me! I'm not insinuating I'm a criminal or anything.. Ah, I'll shut up now, enjoy these gloves with your bonuses! Goodbye" lmao. Tell me that wouldn't be dope.  Perhaps just gloves that look white on the player model, not just white in the object image like klank gauntlets. Thanks for reading, and considering my thoughts. I appreciate everything you guys do, including having me here in this lil'' community and giving me a way to play my favorite game on my phone.

Player avatar

Trento Mundo Send PM

subscriber

Ok so I've got this idea on how to implement a day and night effect in the game, do you remember how Classic had a fog of war effect? I think we could do something similar for a "Night" effect by having the fog be 5 or 6 squares away from the character, the rotation would be like the 12th and 24th hour so everyone around the globe could get a chance to be in night mode, Maybe we could even create Lanterns that are held in the shield slot to increase your visual range? Thanks for taking a look, hope you think it's as neat as me.

Last edited by Trento Mundo (16 Jan 2016 06:34)

Player avatar

baxman Send PM

subscriber

So awesome - great work guys!!

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Trento Mundo said:

Ok so I've got this idea on how to implement a day and night effect in the game, do you remember how Classic had a fog of war effect? I think we could do something similar for a "Night" effect by having the fog be 5 or 6 squares away from the character, the rotation would be like the 12th and 24th hour so everyone around the globe could get a chance to be in night mode, Maybe we could even create Lanterns that are held in the shield slot to increase your visual range? Thanks for taking a look, hope you think it's as neat as me.

There's something like this added already. Type ::nightmode

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

gftygod Send PM

subscriber

Range armour ?

Player avatar

Kurt Send PM

subscriber

Sounds good but please don't make the ratio stupid like KBD drops

Player avatar

tippy Send PM

subscriber

WE WANT MULTILOG ON ANDROID smile)))

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

Kurt said:

The drop rate on Clue Scrolls? I'm sure the drop rates will be scattered amongst all NPCs with some having higher drop rates than others, but you can expect the rates to all be within 1% of eachother. Keep in mind, you can only have one clue scroll per account at a time. The only way to get another is to drop your current one until it is destroyed.

Tippy said:

I'm not too sure what I can say about this, but I'm sure the main developers are reviewing multilogging possibilities and we'll probably have an update on this matter (not physically) in the next build.

Player avatar

Kurt Send PM

subscriber

KayEsS said:

Kurt said:

The drop rate on Clue Scrolls? I'm sure the drop rates will be scattered amongst all NPCs with some having higher drop rates than others, but you can expect the rates to all be within 1% of eachother. Keep in mind, you can only have one clue scroll per account at a time. The only way to get another is to drop your current one until it is destroyed.

Tippy said:

I'm not too sure what I can say about this, but I'm sure the main developers are reviewing multilogging possibilities and we'll probably have an update on this matter (not physically) in the next build.

I mean once you receive your reward the ratio for a godarmour is something stupid like 1:10000, these guys are doing a good job but when it comes to droprates etc I don't know if they are thinking correctly, I read somewhere that dragon baxe from a kbd is 0.07%, then you had the present wildy rate at 1:9000 but then at the same time they had about 100 events going off.

Player avatar

NoxX Send PM

Kurt said:

KayEsS said:

Kurt said:

Tippy said:

I mean once you receive your reward the ratio for a godarmour is something stupid like 1:10000, these guys are doing a good job but when it comes to droprates etc I don't know if they are thinking correctly, I read somewhere that dragon baxe from a kbd is 0.07%, then you had the present wildy rate at 1:9000 but then at the same time they had about 100 events going off.

I would expect rates of casket rewards to be similar to RS2 rates.

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Someone came with an idea yesterday which I really really liked.

Making skillers able to obtain clue scrolls through skilling. Let say you are mining and eventually VERY rare you could find a clue scroll from the rocks. This way you are able to obtain the clue scrolls from both farming NPCs and while skilling.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.