Major Update 2015-12-10

• «
  • 1 (current)

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Hey guys,

We are finally relasing a major update for RSCRevolution containing Bug fixes and new content.
I call it major because we have just made it possible for our staff team, through an interface, the ability to create new NPCs and Simpler Quests or Tasks.

It's super friendly for new players, as we can with these tasks/quests make them move around the rscrevolution Classic map to help them learn and understanding the game and receving rewards at the same time.

The Staff team of RSCRevolution will create different quests/tasks every week to cover every type of player (Example: New Player Tasks, PK Consumables rewarded Tasks, Level Up Tasks) Any sort is possible really.

These Quests/Tasks are very noticable, an big update from how RSC handled their Quest Starter npcs and other npcs / objects involved in the quest. If you are a new player who have never played RSC before, you wouldn't know which npcs are holding quests etc..

YGRk62h.png
O7ETBFP.png
NcwBzON.png
8W2U3w7.png

Server Bug Fixes:

- Fixed controlled negative xp sharing and wilderness cycling.
- Gold ore bug with smelting, Coal ore bug with smelting (Caused you to make steel or gold bars unlimited).
- Smithing and smelting EXP CORRECTION - Are now recieving decimals and correct xp from classic (IE: 22.5xp).
- Fixed the necromancer bug(s) where they were stuck never respawned the necromancer only the zombie, which caused players not be able to continue fighting the necromancer   system.
- Superheat Item Ore Glitch with smelting steel bars.
- Salarin NPC, are now rangable on all spots (mage and range).
- Draynor Mansion Ladder Glitch fixed.
- Fight Arena quest, ogre disappearing bug fixed.
- Lady of the Lake from Merlins Crystal Quest walking points fixed.
- King lathas training camp shopkeeper now has the original RSC prices.
- Dropping silver bar / gold bar while having full inventory fixed.
- Plague City Quest bug Gasmask are not re-obtained if lost fixed.
- Platinum subscribers not displaying correctly in global chat, fixed.
- Added quick bank for shantay chest bank.
- Members spell fix in all P2P areas.

Other small missing server content:

- Added herblore shop to entrana.
- Added rock cakes eating. (will be available and able to get when watchtower quest is released).
- Added Ogre city and all the shops. (Will be unlocked in the watchtower quest).
- Fixed and replicated all content in Yanille Magic Guild House. (Magic portal teleports, Magic guild dungeon training spot, Runes shop).
- Added missing dialogues for Colonel Radick in Yanille (have no impact on the game just missing content).

Website updates:

- Private message inbox "Delete" messages fixed.
- Private message inbox layout improved.
- Added Play Now button to the nav bar with registration information for new players, to get rid of the questions regarding how to create ingame character. (it should be helping a lot).
- Fixed some design flaws in forum profile.
- Removed the container box around all the middle content on website for a wider content layout. (~50px bigger on the sides now / 1200px total).
- Fixed the top navigation bar a little smaller and added bigger text to the links, also fixed the mobile collapsing.
- Fixed the mobile/tablet collapsing on the header content.
- Added tools for moderators / admins to easily remove spam posts.
- Added Top Players to the frontpage.
- Fixed so you cannot locate the herb id of unids on the auction tab on the frontpage.
- Fixed videos to auto resize to fit tablet/mobile platforms.
- Fixed correct positioning for "send private message" icon in the topic boards.
- Added a system for mods to create new server NPCs and Quests/Tasks.

Lastly, I'd like to say that our advertising campaign are running super fine, we have had a whole lot of new faces on the server after we launched the advertising campaign. Thank you all who have donated and made this possible.

Thank you for your continued support towards RSCRevolution.

Best Regards,
RSCRevolution

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

The first quest is currently under the making! Will be released as soon as possible!

Player avatar

mrnube15 Send PM

subscriber

Awesome update. big_smile Does this mean slayer skill is coming out soon? It's very similar to these task quests lol

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

mrnube15 said:

Awesome update. big_smile Does this mean slayer skill is coming out soon? It's very similar to these task quests lol

This system can be used for a lot of things. Such as creating tasks like slayer etc with rewards. I think we will be giving you players a bunch of cool stuff on a regular basis, especially now when the whole staff team can contribute and not just me and n0m. smile

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

Hey Fate, is there any possibility of adding items to the auction house listing (on the website) with the statuses of either [ON SALE] or [SOLD]? this would allow my price guide data to access information on which items actually sell,  which is something players are immensely interested in. I noticed that you recently changed the listing so that they are a direct mapping of the current auction house, but if instead you could keep items that are sold (and not cancelled) on the list for 2 days with the status [SOLD], I could provide a price guide a lot like the grand exchange statistics on rscrevolution.com.

Player avatar

Youtubeking8 Send PM

Fuken deep  bro

Player avatar

mrnube15 Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

mrnube15 said:

This system can be used for a lot of things. Such as creating tasks like slayer etc with rewards. I think we will be giving you players a bunch of cool stuff on a regular basis, especially now when the whole staff team can contribute and not just me and n0m. smile

This is why this is the best rsc server. smile I just was wondering if this will replace the slayer skill because I was really looking forward to leveling up a new skill. Either way, thanks for your hard work!

Player avatar

Justine Send PM

subscriber

I know Java and a few other programming languages pretty well.  I would willing to contribute what I can to the server.  I'm a student and willing to code for free.

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

Justine said:

I know Java and a few other programming languages pretty well.  I would willing to contribute what I can to the server.  I'm a student and willing to code for free.

Great to hear my friend.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GH0nYE6.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Chroz Send PM

subscriber

amazing job you guys! and an even better job on the marketing/advertising campaign smile glad I joined up right before it went into motion!

Leader of the "All players level 90+ should bring a Silverlight to Black Demons for day in Edgeville Dungeon rather than fucking 3 item for weeks training in the wilderness" Movement

Player avatar

pepster Send PM

subscriber

[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/dy7kea.png[/img]

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Thats sexy af!! wink the ads are doing amazeringnessss.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

DUSTnTHAwind Send PM

It won't allow me to run the app on my phone now for some reason

Player avatar

Actumen Send PM

subscriber

This is an absolutely amazing update. Thank you so much! This is the reason you are the best staff in the RSC private server universe.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Deadly stuff fate and N0m. Never cease to amaze.

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Good ideas to make it easier for new people to catch up and ease into it!

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Fix dragons hitting you for 10+/first even if you attack them thanks

Fix terrible npc vs character new formula, getting rekt everywhere still

Last edited by runeknight95 (11 Dec 2015 01:28)

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

ephrin Send PM

subscriber

Didn't expect something like this!

Awesome content. Great job guys.

[img]http://s15.postimg.org/v72kufao7/ephrin_signature.png[/img]

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

runeknight95 said:

Fix dragons hitting you for 10+/first even if you attack them thanks

Fix terrible npc vs character new formula, getting rekt everywhere still

It was accidentally put in, I reverted it.

• «
  • 1 (current)