Characters who lost their bank items.

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Hello, i'm truely sad and I have done everything I can in order to recover your bank items the last 2 hours. Here comes the bad news and I do not see any reasons to lie.

Okay, I was notified on skype that people logged in was loosing their entire banks. At first I was pretty relaxed as we have a system in place which is taking backups daily of the database. Though when I went to our backups the latest backup was weeks ago. Apparently our backup system had stopped working weeks back and both me and n0m did not know or even checked if it was broken as we have ran very smoothly since the last restore we did when we released the Auction House. This is on both me and n0m, a very poor and bad management, i'm embarrassed.

n0m have already told you to list the stuff of what you had in your bank, and we won't know exactly what you guys had in your bank. I could of lied and say that we do have backups so please don't lie about your bank items, but it would be such an idiotic lie and people who have the slightest clue about how these things work would see through it. I mean if we have backups, why would you even need to list your bank items you think you had..

I have contacted our hosting provider, but they could not help us to recover the SQL data.

So the only thing we can do is spawn your items back, and of course with that said, we want you to be honest with what you had.

I feel like we have betrayed our players and we should have monitored our backups so they were working as intended. I'm deeply sorry about your bank items and this will hurt RSCRevolution. I know many will give up on us, but we cannot do anything to fix this except for manually spawning your items back.

There were only bank items wiped from the logged in characters. Experience/stats, inventory items, Quests etc.. was never deleted.¨

We could not see this coming, our database failed and didn't accept new query requests for bank table. (The database crash is also fixed now and won't happen again).

We can only learn from our mistake and improve. I have now fixed the backup system, it's up and running and taking daily backups again.

Thank you for understanding.
Regards,
Fate.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

22aga Send PM

subscriber

Want me to post what items i've lost in this section?

Player avatar

Actumen Send PM

subscriber

if we haven't been logged in today is it safe to log in? no more bank glitching?

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

You can send me the items you lost in a PM. Thank you!

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

@Actumen If you haven't logged in since 3 hours back then it's safe to login.

Player avatar

DaMo Send PM

subscriber

Lucky i was on my staker. Only lost 10 §s 5 subs and gŕeen mask from bank. Ty

Player avatar

night jr Send PM

subscriber

lost 3-4 characters banks, how am i suppost to continue playing lol. got nothing now

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

Lost items on my secret banker char, ill pm name and stuff.

Player avatar

XBadXKarmaX Send PM

subscriber

I PMed what I can remember but i know its not even close to the full account.

Last edited by XBadXKarmaX (13 Aug 2015 20:34)

When nostalgia keeps you from moving forward.
*INActive LvL 99 Blacksmith*
#RIPBANK (Only took a bank wipe to bring me back to reality.)

Player avatar

Gullak Send PM

subscriber

pmed you some of the items lost, i cant remember close to all tho.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/EaBaLbc.png[/img]

Player avatar

minmallemortensen Send PM

subscriber

Pmed you what i could remember from the chars online during wipe.
There is alot of junk that i not mentioed.. but i dont care that much,

BIZL - J E W - ELPATRON - WDC

Player avatar

Zubrils Send PM

subscriber

Good luck! Everybody's a human.

Player avatar

AR Send PM

subscriber

These things happen, I won't give up on this server!

I really hope people don't BS about what they had.

Thanks for the quick turn around on this

It's weird I was fishing when another member asked if my bank was gone.. I checked and it wasn't, wish I had screen shotted it now but wasn't to know I guess.

IGN - x Alex x & Pk Alex

Player avatar

nicksn Send PM

subscriber

Good luck and all the best!

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Hmm make up for it with another double exp!? xD

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Whitey Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

Hmm make up for it with another double exp!? xD

~K!zL

I hope this happens ex dee

Player avatar

AR Send PM

subscriber

Fate I've PMd you, my IGN is the same as my forum name smile

IGN - x Alex x & Pk Alex

Player avatar

AR Send PM

subscriber

Oh and if I go fishing Willa bank spawn replace my current bank or add too it? Don't want to fish more if its gunna be wiped out with the replacement bank

IGN - x Alex x & Pk Alex

Player avatar

Delorfilad Send PM

subscriber

Should totally bring back a double XP event! That would make up for lost items smile I PMed a couple of things that I'm missing, but its really modest. Its just a game, I'm not too concerned. Its almost reminiscent of being hacked back in the day when RSC was still kinda new and developing. All your stuff is gone? Welp. Guess its back to mining lol

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

AR said:

Oh and if I go fishing Willa bank spawn replace my current bank or add too it? Don't want to fish more if its gunna be wiped out with the replacement bank

it sounds like they will have to be manually spawned, which means they will also be manually traded to you.