New Mods + Double XP

Player avatar

Hobbs Send PM

As a thank you to all the players who have been sticking around with us and playing legitimately, we will be activating double XP for this weekend.

Aug 7th to the 10th starting at UTC+1 0:00 hours
UTC+1 = 6hours ahead of CST which means it will begin August 6th at 6pm

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc1

Also -- Please welcome to the staff 1 finnish mod and 1 Estonian mod

Mod Fin
Mod Nova

Mod Nova = Novalys from in-game
Mod Fin = Unskaa on forums

Be nice to em.

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

grats guys thanks for update

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

newguy2015 Send PM

subscriber

congrats to the new mods. always been diverse mods but this will help even greater. and double exp lets spread the word. thanks.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

FinEst staff ever.

Player avatar

unska Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

FinEst staff ever.

The pun is unreal!

Player avatar

blahhblahh Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

graz!

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdaluo610e4.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdluaoacab1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

PALLO Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

FinEst staff ever.

why u stealing finest from me

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Awesome DBL XP!!!! ;D too bad I'll miss the 8th... But Warped Tour is waaaay more important! big_smile

and gratz kids on mod. wink

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (3 Aug 2015 19:32)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Clintium Send PM

subscriber

Dang. Second double XP weekend I'll have to miss since I've started. Oh well.

Congrats new mods.

Player avatar

Cloud Send PM

subscriber

Have to redo the application on July 20th, they didn't even re-apply for another app. using the application template you provided. It's all good though, congratulations. We don't need application process anymore. GG. Why apply at all when it's rigged to shit?

Hobbs - If you have submitted an application in the past, you MUST post a new topic and re-apply in order to be considered, as of July 20th, 2015

20 Jul 2015 03:01 by novalys

New Application Process Questions by Hobbs.

- Are you currently a staff member at another site?

- How old are you?

- What is your IN-GAME name?

- What is your Real Life name?

- What is your timezone / country?

- How long have you been part of RSCRevolution?

- How often do you PLAY RSCRevolution?

- Do you have any previous moderating experience? If so, please explain.

- Do you understand that abusing your powers will result in a demotion and most likely an IP ban depending on the situation?

- Do you understand that all staff members must keep any and all conversations between staff members to themselves, as well as any potential information about the server (rare item totals, IP addresses, private e-mails, and so on) and any violation of this will result in a demotion and most likely an IP ban depending on the situation?

- Do you speak and write fluently in any language other than English? List:

- How many hours do you use the forums/game daily?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please write AS MUCH AS YOU CAN in response to the questions below:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Have you ever disagreed with a staff member's actions? If so, what would you have done as a staff member in that situation?

- Why do you wish to be in part of the staff team of RSCRevolution? Please give as many reasons as you can think of.

- Why should we choose you over the other applicants and what can you bring to the table that no one else can? (List things you're good at.)

- If there are a few users began saying "THIS SERVER SUCKS!" and spamming it everywhere, what would you do?

- Following the above question, if a staff member (Who has the same rank as you, or higher rank than you) begins saying "THIS SERVER SUCKS! EVERYONE LEAVE!", what would you do?

- You have banned someone, but another staff member disagrees with your decision and lifts the ban before the ban time you have set has elapsed. What do you do?

- A friend comes to you complaining that he has been banned by another staff member, and wants you to find out why. Upon further investigation, you discover that you believe the ban is unjustified. How do you handle this?

- If you warned a player about his language or actions and he disagrees and continues to flame you, what would you do?

- What do you think a staff member should do on a daily basis?

- Do you have Skype? Do you actively use it?

- What would you do if you suspect a bot user but can't seem to catch him?

Other comments:

Novalys Application AFTER JULY 21 EDIT. HE DIDNT CREATE A NEW THREAD AND APPLICATION.

- Are you currently a staff member at another site? I am not

- How old are you? 23 years old, turning 24 in a few months.

- What is your IN-GAME name? Novalys

- What is your real life name? Raido

- What is your timezone? GMT+2

- What is your email address? [If you only want to give it to staff when asked in private, that is fine too.] Will provide to staff member only for now.

- How long have you been part of RSCRevolution? I joined on the 22nd of February 2015.

- Do you have any previous moderating experience? If so, what is the website/community/Private Server? I was a moderator/admin of the largest Estonian GTA San Andreas roleplay server called 'Smoke's & Jack's' on and off since spring 2009 until somewhere in 2014. Other than that, I've had a load of CS 1.6 servers in the past (started playing in 2002ish).

- Do you understand that abusing your powers will result in a demotion and most likely an IP ban depending on the situation? I am well aware of that.

- Do you understand that all staff members must keep any and all conversations between staff members to themselves, as well as any potential information about the server (rare item totals, IP addresses, private e-mails, and so on) and any violation of this will result in a demotion and most likely an IP ban depending on the situation? I understand, confidentiality isn't a problem.

- Do you speak and write fluently in any language other than English? List: Estonian, Japanese (College major, lived abroad for a year, fairly fluent though I don't deem it necessary here since I haven't met any one from Japan, but might as well mention.)

- How many hours do you use the forums/game daily? I might be on for the whole day, might be on for a couple of hours or less.

Please write AS MUCH AS YOU CAN in response to the questions below:

- Have you ever disagreed with a staff member's actions? If so, what would you have done as a staff member in that situation?
I don't recall any specific occasions from the top of my head, but I think there have been some global mutes and what not that might have been a bit too rushed. Can't and will not name any one in particular though.

- Why do you wish to be in part of the staff team of RSCRevolution? Please give as many reasons as you can think of. I like this server a fair bit out of all the ones that have existed before. I've seen that the staff is very mature and although I don't know excactly what's going on behind closed doors but it seems to me that every one is getting along just fine and you can proudly call it a TEAM, which I'd like to contribute my efforts to.

- Why should we choose you over the other applicants and what can you bring to the table that no one else can? (List things you're good at.)  As I mentioned before, I've been a staff member member before and I've had to make countless judgements concerning player disputes, mod vs player arguments, ban appeals, etc. So I like to think that I am well versed in keeping calm in crucial situations and have the experience to make the right decisions. Also, I believe communication is key to solving most of the problems.

- If there are a few users began saying "THIS SERVER SUCKS!" and spamming it everywhere, what would you do? I would naturally try to find out the root of the problem. I'd teleport to them and give them attention (that's what they mostly want). I'd try to find out what they're not satisfied with and try to help them have a better experience in RSCR. Although not every one is like that and every once in a while troublemakers do appear and they need to be dealt with accordingly - whether it requires removing the player from the community or other measures.

- Following the above question, if a staff member (Who has the same rank as you, or higher rank than you) begins saying "THIS SERVER SUCKS! EVERYONE LEAVE!", what would you do? Staff members are players just like every one else, just with a bit more authority, so the approach would remain the same. Talking about the matter and finding solutions. Although I find this funny to believe that Hobbs for example would start menacing around the server like that. If it was another mod behaving like that and wouldn't listen, then the only option I can come up with is telling higher-ups. (Not quite sure yet what actions can be taken in case of same rank mods).

- You have banned someone, but another staff member disagrees with your decision and lifts the ban before the ban time you have set has elapsed. What do you do? I would like an explanation why they thought my ban was unjustified. If they can provide enough reason I'd be happy with the unban. If not, then I'd like to see a third mod, or an admin decide on the matter.

- A friend comes to you complaining that he has been banned by another staff member, and wants you to find out why. Upon further investigation, you discover that you believe the ban is unjustified. How do you handle this? I will let the banning moderator know by bringing fourth the reasons why the ban was unjustified and go from there.

- If you warned a player about his language and he disagrees and continues to flame you, what would you do? If it's just personal flame I would choose to ignore it, unless the player starts flaming in global chat. In the case a mute or a short time ban wil suffice, depending on the circumstance.

- What do you think a staff member should do on a daily basis? Help out as much as one can, provide info concerning the server, keeping players up to date with upcoming events, monitor for any bots and over all keep things in order.

- Do you have Skype? Do you actively use it? I do have skype and I use it when necessary

- What position are you applying for? Forum Moderator, Event Moderator, Game Moderator

Other comments: I've never personally had any arguments with any of the staff and I'm a friendly and helpful guy for the spot! #Euromod

Last edited by novalys (21 Jul 2015 00:49)

--If you don't give a shit enough to do the application process right, what makes the staff thinks these guys give a shit about RSCR? Im done. I'll just enjoy it.

Last edited by Cloud (3 Aug 2015 22:04)

Any new players that need help, shoot me a pm, I don't bite!! :3
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/nameless12/LOL.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Nova Send PM

Now I understand why you weren't among the chosen. My application was exactly as required, you're only nitpicking because of the date? Also, Mod Fin applied via PM, how do you know what he used or not? Don't be a sore loser bro.

Player avatar

Hobbs Send PM

I posted I was accepting direct PM apps as well. And the entire App is a copy paste of what Alex used  -- those are all his words, not mine. I don't see the point in editing very minor details about what I will or will not accept.

Sorry you are upset that we haven't remodded you. But this isn't how you should handle it.

Player avatar

ryanlin Send PM

subscriber

chill lol cloud, as long as they are able to do a good job, who is modded is never important tbh.

Player avatar

god of rsc Send PM

subscriber

Dam sucks I I'm gonna miss double xp event.. gratz to mods

Player avatar

Cloud Send PM

subscriber

Novalys - "you're only nitpicking because of the date?"
Sorry, but I'm not "nitpicking". Novalys if you didn't notice, you didn't even answer the last question. Now, sit down Nova.

"- What would you do if you suspect a bot user but can't seem to catch him?"

Also, Hobbs, next time, don't lie. I wouldn't of wasted my time trying to redo an application if past applications was applicable.

Hobbs - "If you have submitted an application in the past, you MUST post a new topic and re-apply in order to be considered, as of July 20th, 2015"

@ Ryan, Nova can't even care enough to follow procedure. I doubt it babe.

Hobbs, I handled it quite perfectly. I learned that Fin cared enough to reapply, and Nova can't take blame for skimping the application process. I even asked the guy why didn't he re-applied for mod since you posted the new template when I saw him at fishing guild. The guy didn't even know he had to reapply. He didn't even care to read it and keep up to date with his application.

Last edited by Cloud (4 Aug 2015 03:44)

Player avatar

Hobbs Send PM

Know the difference between alexs default app from over a year ago and what I edited was? Asking for in-game name and for how someone would handle a bot they find.

Know how much I care about those two answers when I can 1) train them and 2) look up their character name in 3 seconds? 0. I care 0 amount.

You are being incredibly immature and overreacting to us not chosing to remod you. If you want to continue down this path, I'll give you exact reasons why I didn't chose you. But to nitpick an app that I simply edited in the slightest of ways as a reason why someone should be invalidated is ridiculous. I made people reapply because most of the apps were from people who no longer played here. I picked the two mods that would cover the timezone I am looking for and have no history of BUG ABUSE (lumbridge castle cooking range), no drama issues, no huge flaming history, or have any reason for me to doubt their sincerity or dedication.

I appreciated you as Mod Luffy. But if Jebby came back and applied I would look at his history of activity and in-game attitude first before considering re-modding him. Past staff does not guarantee you a present spot. Hopefully you understand that you did not meet the criteria I was looking for and will continue to play here...but I don't plan on entertaining this issue much longer.

Player avatar

arch4r2h Send PM

subscriber

Anyway cloud just my personal opinion, what u had done for the server I guess players will see it regardless if you are modded or not. You just happened not to fall into hobbs's criteria for his new mod roles. I appreciate your drop parties though I never bothered to even walk there. Lastly I do agree, as a mod, whatever they post and do should fit their position even if a player is flaming.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

I find it funny you're mad about not getting mod. Seriously its a horrible job. Haha

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Cloud Send PM

subscriber

Lmao, okay. When I see Matthew use the range, I thought it was all good. A mod using the same range. That is petty thinking it's bug abuse when clearly one of the mods was using the range as well. Lmao, Why bother posting the question at all then? A admin  that edits a application and adds a unnecessary question in which he doesn't care for. Professional Staff as advertised. I'm done here as well. I wish you luck in your endeavors. I will never return. Bye all, One last drop party for the community and a middle finger straight to the unprofessional staff. Only take offense if you consider yourself unprofessional of course. Buh bye <3 P.S. Syn used that range much much longer. So, I'll be the "bug abuser".

Last edited by Cloud (4 Aug 2015 08:06)

Player avatar

Mod Fin Send PM

subscriber

Cloud, thanks for the drop party! It made a lot of people happy as always.

Good luck with RL!