Global chat button/new players

Player avatar

Bumis Send PM

betasubscriber

This mobile shit is amazing, drawing in lots of players. Problem is, none of them know how to use global...

Just place a button some where in the client that opens up a box allowing you to send a global message. Lots of new people are joining but lots are also quitting because they don't understand it and don't know how to ask questions... I've noticed lumbridge was actually populated today! You had people killing cows and starting fires, ain't seen that shit in years... We're getting a whole new generation of players... We're all used to everyone being veterans of RSC but a lot of people that you see wandering around now are completely clueless and we should all do our part in the community to help and encourage players to stick around... A global chat button is just one thing that we need here... And may be a button in the client that links to a copy of the map perhaps? Chatting is another thing, it's hard for these new players to community sense as you type with the android keyboard it covers up the chat bar at the bottom... I was trying to help someone out who is new today and he was lost, actually lost in RSC in 2015... So everyone needs to help new people out and may be give them tips on where to start training or help them do this and that, it will make the game better all together. All things to consider.

- best mith plate

Last edited by Bumis (24 Feb 2015 08:06)

http://www.bumis.xyz/wp1/
[img]http://i.imgur.com/3LIa2Lc.png[/img]
Pking Kill Log

Player avatar

ShaggyDuck Send PM

subscriber

Hi, im a new player to this game, im playing on my Android. I cant seem to figure out where or how to use global chat on the android. Im would like to use the global chat to ask for help and any advise for new players like myself. Loving this game so far!!!!

"Micro 7125"ShaggyDuck"

Player avatar

Evan Send PM

subscriber

Bumis said:

This mobile shit is amazing, drawing in lots of players. Problem is, none of them know how to use global...

Just place a button some where in the client that opens up a box allowing you to send a global message. Lots of new people are joining but lots are also quitting because they don't understand it and don't know how to ask questions... I've noticed lumbridge was actually populated today! You had people killing cows and starting fires, ain't seen that shit in years... We're getting a whole new generation of players... We're all used to everyone being veterans of RSC but a lot of people that you see wandering around now are completely clueless and we should all do our part in the community to help and encourage players to stick around... A global chat button is just one thing that we need here... And may be a button in the client that links to a copy of the map perhaps? Chatting is another thing, it's hard for these new players to community sense as you type with the android keyboard it covers up the chat bar at the bottom... I was trying to help someone out who is new today and he was lost, actually lost in RSC in 2015... So everyone needs to help new people out and may be give them tips on where to start training or help them do this and that, it will make the game better all together. All things to consider.

- best mith plate

The NPCs with exclamation points above their heads are doing serving most of the roles you're talking about. But the chat button is a great idea. If you press the button, the same interface for private messages could pop up in the middle of the screen and the message would be sent to global chat. Where it normally says Enter message to send to Pluto, it could instead say something like, Enter global message here (or by typing ::1 <insert message> in the normal chat). I would actually prefer the popup interface because you can see what you're typing as you type it and you don't need to type 3 characters that aren't on the primary keyboard layout.

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

Bumis said:

- best mith plate

Your want this server to get more people hire Chinese, to program and manager ads,not people from Europe, thus far the jobs been half ass if they are real software coders then they can take honest criticism.

Last edited by fear nothing (17 Dec 2015 22:05)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GH0nYE6.jpg[/img]