Halloween rares and dragon/demon/giant drops (spooky font inside)

Player avatar

Alex Send PM

subscriber

For a 24 hour period during Halloween, from 00:00 GMT on October 31st until 23:59 GMT on October 31st, all generations of Halloween rares (masks, scythes (now tradeable), and pumpkins) will be available on RSCR in several ways.

- I will periodically be announcing random drops in the wilderness. Everyone will get a 5 minute warning beforehand. Some of these drops may be spread all over the wilderness, others may be in specific locations in the announcement, such as the graveyard, bandits, castle, etc. There are no rules against killing one another during these drops, and I personally encourage it.

- Certain monsters will have a small chance of dropping rares. No one will be told which monster types get these drops, so it will be up to intuition and luck on your part. Note: All monsters in the wild have a chance to drop Halloween rares now.

- Depending on player count, events may be held with a rare as a prize. The more people that are online, the more likely one of these events will occur. Note that due to my tenuous net connection currently, I'll be relying on Trouble and Mod Hayden currently to run those events.

- Finally, anyone who posts in this thread has a random chance of getting a random rare. This is so people who absolutely can't be on during that day still have a chance to win something. Just to clarify, multiple posts will not increase your chances, as every name gets one entry. Once the winners get picked at random, I'll be doublechecking to make sure no one's tried posting using a proxy. For the sake of fairness, if your only character is a level 3 with no in game activity, you're not going to be able to win.

Now, as for dragon, black demon, and fire giant drops, it's been a fairly unanimous decision among the staff that the default rscrevolution drops are lacking. As much as I'd be willing to play a pure replica server myself, I know those kinds of drops don't really make it particularly rewarding for people who spend ages hunting them. My goal is to find a compromise between replication and what a contemporary RSC server actually needs. I intend to try and keep the same overall layout of drops for the monsters (to a degree), but change the frequency and amount on some of the items, primarily runes.

I understand that for the majority of my time here, whenever I've proposed a change I've said that nothing major will be changed without the players' input and that your voice matters. That hasn't changed, but as we've looked over the drops, it becomes more and more apparent that rscrevolution did not get it right the first time around. I believe these monsters are an integral part of high level gameplay, and with the right table layout have the potential to fuel pking the way they should have back in the original game. I love the idea of a true replica server, but at the same time, RSCR shouldn't be about recreating rscrevolution's mistakes with flawless accuracy, but instead preserving the original game's spirit while moving forward with new content and small changes to make the game enjoyable to the majority of the RSC community.

I apologize if my pushing for this change (and others that are still in the discussion thread) puts any of you off, as I truly don't wish to compromise the concept of a "replica," I'm simply trying to look out for the community as a whole. That said, there are a lot of exciting things in the works currently that I'm really looking forward to.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

In addition, the mage arena miniquest is coming soon.
The arena system might be added as well but we need to hear your opinions about that first. View demonstration here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zSZxWTZiVw

Player avatar

carnage Send PM

good news, see u ther

Player avatar

Hayden Send PM

subscriber

give this man an award, hip hip HOOORAY

~So Kurupt~
GoonSquad For Life

Player avatar

Turbokuosi Send PM

subscriber

GIEF ITAMS

[img]http://static.naamapalmu.com/files/fm/medium/mraeoyqu.gif[/img]
[img]https://media.riemurasia.net/albumit/mmedia/u/0rt/0mjm/65894/1489811851.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Partizan Send PM

subscriber

Cool stuff, i wondered few days ago why no news on halloween drops, but here it is.
Dragon drops- meh, still no ETA.
But its something, so good job.

as for n0m idea, i think with decent playerbase it could be popular. If i remember correctly u showed us this arena concept in summer and ppl liked it.

Last edited by Partizan (28 Oct 2014 10:05)

Player avatar

Alex Send PM

subscriber

ETA on dragon drops is when I feel comfortable with what I've come up with honestly. I want them to have a logic behind them so I'm writing up a few approaches currently and applying them to see which fits best. Ideally I'm hoping to get them all out when the Halloween festivities start, but I'll delay it if something feels really off with them. Now that I have the tools to do them I don't intend to delay them any further than they need to be though.

Player avatar

arch4r2h Send PM

subscriber

support way to go alex!

Player avatar

Tommy SS Send PM

subscriber

Thanks Alex! Looking forward to the events, I'll try to be online as much as possible :S Real busy today tho...

Player avatar

molder Send PM

subscriber

gj

Every like saves a kid in africa-
https://www.facebook.com/Xerathonscript/

Player avatar

Mikko Send PM

subscriber

It's really nice that more updates are coming etc. Gj.

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

I most likely wont be able to get on on holloween, work, take kids out, then watch a 1000 sexy women dance in skanky dresses!  put me in for random drawling! big_smile

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

kingjames Send PM

subscriber

may not make it on either. +1 for dragon drops!

Player avatar

neilkeps Send PM

subscriber

awesome guys look forward to it big_smile

[img]http://i64.tinypic.com/10odx6a.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Calisto Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

Alkezo Send PM

subscriber

Thank you mods for putting this show on for us!

Player avatar

Friendzone Send PM

subscriber

GOOD ! Finaly!

Player avatar

EWM Send PM

subscriber

i wont make it as well, work all day then take kids out at night.

Player avatar

nocashme Send PM

subscriber

yay ;-)

Player avatar

Hobbster12 Send PM

subscriber

Nice to get some news. Thanks for the updates.