Ranged guild in wilderness

Player avatar

Terror Send PM

subscriber

Hey Guys

After I built that totally epic maze before the skilling event at least a couple of players asked me very nicely “hey! Why didn’t you spend that time building something useful?” Which got me thinking yes! I could build something useful. What if we were to reintroduce the ranged guild in wilderness? I know many of you miss that wasteland of fences and cages. If I were to build it though surely that means reinvent it right? Where would you place the ranged guild to make it worth going there to train but with the very real risk of being brutally murdered by blood thirsty player killers? The old guild was P2P to allow all arrows to be used, did that work? Would it make more sense just to allow wilderness NPCs to be ranged with P2P arrows?

Let me know your brain farts please and I will try to convince the powers that be to allow me to build it.

Mod terror

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Umbaman Send PM

subscriber

Hey!

Wilderness needs some interesting places, so there is a higher incentive to visit them wink Bringing ranged guild back would be awesome.

Reinventing it? Hmm, what was wrong with the old version of the guild? These changes might make sense, however not sure whether it needs a complete redesign.

- Adding wild dragons
- Adding an obelisk close to ranged guild

Would P2P arrows be usable on all npcs in wilderness?

Do you want to keep eastern wild empty and place it close to dragon's nest or spread the interesting places around a bit?

Have a good day

Umbaman

Player avatar

Turilas Send PM

subscriber

Mod Terror said:

Hey Guys

After I built that totally epic maze before the skilling event at least a couple of players asked me very nicely “hey! Why didn’t you spend that time building something useful?” Which got me thinking yes! I could build something useful. What if we were to reintroduce the ranged guild in wilderness? I know many of you miss that wasteland of fences and cages. If I were to build it though surely that means reinvent it right? Where would you place the ranged guild to make it worth going there to train but with the very real risk of being brutally murdered by blood thirsty player killers? The old guild was P2P to allow all arrows to be used, did that work? Would it make more sense just to allow wilderness NPCs to be ranged with P2P arrows?

Let me know your brain farts please and I will try to convince the powers that be to allow me to build it.

Mod terror

Yes, it should absolutely be brought back and has to be P2P to make sense training-wise.
I would place it where the wilderness slayer dungeon used to be, low Varrock eastern wilderness and make it a little bigger with more different NPCs.

Player avatar

Edos Send PM

subscriber

Possibly maybe add a KBD to the ranged guild? Or a new high level NPC with rare drops to attract interest from both skillers and pkers? Like the idea of bringing it back though.

Player avatar

Djz2 Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Everything was fine. Maybe a bit closer to portal this time.

Player avatar

Pepe Thefrog Send PM

Tele Kbd or other loot under the player who dealt highest % of damage? Would also allow pures to train there without needing 33 magic.
If you're reinventing it anyway..