Castle PK Solution

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Problem:

Castle has a major chars parking issue preventing new players from competing and enjoying the pk experience. New players cannot compete against parked chars. Castle is an outdated wildy location designed for thousands of players (OG Rsclassic). RSCRevolution doesn't have thousands of players, thus over the years people exploit the castle design by making and sharing huge lists of chars leading to the decline of castle pk.

People have no motivation going to castle bc they realize they would just get piled by parked chars 10+ lvls higher than them, a dirty ambush tactic which leaves people with no room to enjoy pking. This resulted in the creation of the fort system to lure people into the wilderness and spark PK action. However, fort is now a farming spot for weird timezone competition between the euros and NAs with the perpetual debate of IP restrictions.

Below is a creative approach that will solve this problem without restricting IPs.

Solution

1) Instead of an IP restriction, implement a "logout restriction" - create boundaries around castle to prevent people from logging out. This will prevent people from parking 100s accounts around this area and give newer players a reasonable opportunity to compete.

You can still log out in wilderness, but you would have to move away from castle (range of boundaries up for debate)- this gives ppl the ability to compete without fighting parked chars logging in. This doesn't solve char parking bc people could still park their chars outside of the boundary, but it would take effort for them to walk their chars to castle and they can't log in and ambush people.

2) Remove/relocate obelisk inside the castle to prevent people from camping alts at zeonk/other portals and pile people with their 50 alts.

3) Make castle a permanent hotspot with specialized NPCS which have increased drop rate of PK items (runes, swordfish, etc) to attract pkers to this area. Fort removal is optional if castle pk flourishes.

Summarized,

You cant log out at castle
So u cant park chars there
U have to go outside of the castle area to park chars
Remove/relocate the obelisk inside castle (reason stated in #2)
Takes time to walk alt chars to castle, giving people time to fight and escape
Make castle a permanent PK hotspot with specialized castle NPCs (increased rates of runes/food/pk item drops) to attract pkers to this area

This solution will give new players an opportunity to pk. They won't get ambushed by people who log in 10+ lvls higher than them out of nowhere to 3hit them, and also moderately preventing a zombie apocalypse of mass chars at castle, thus fostering pk growth.

Last edited by humans (30 Oct 2019 18:51)

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

It's almost 2020 you shouldn't even need to spend months training your shit nomore, char parking is not a problem, if anything it makes the action last longer, and wildy more active. What's a problem is you as an example, and your 40 man team, only pking when you have triple the numbers, then crying when you are 10vs2ing someone and they login a alt of their own and cry how multi is killing the server. I can probably name 1-2 players from the ''multiers'' that would gank new players, whereas you are doing it yourself with 10 guys at any given time.

+ There is NEVER going to be a flood of new players joining into RSC, Everyone knows Rev exists, instead of adding more and more restrictions into the wildy, don't make it so fucking hard to get the accounts, some people feel like it's easy when they afk 24/7 for 2 months and spend all their free time afking with their phone aswell, but who the fuck wants to do that. You shouldn't have to go through all that *JUST TO PK*, people PK because they want to enjoy the nostalgia and have fun, just let fucking players set their stats in wildy, or implement my Pking mode suggestion, the said accounts wouldn't have any effect outside of the wilderness, meaning their stats would be 1 1 1.

Now the new players and the ones who dont want to spend months training before they can PK, can challenge the '' castle account parkers'' and fight them themselves, and the ones who don't enjoy that style of Pking, can PK at other areas which we already have ( but are really not used, because we know everyone who complains about this shit wont pk no matter what the rules are) and another fucking problem fixed. I can't believe how this can be so hard to comprehend, especially when this has absolutely no negative sides to the gameplay, and would boost the sub sales also.

Player avatar

johnnyluv Send PM

subscriber

someone need to do something about wildy, as is... its shit!  it was so good before, when we had active staffs who did care of the players. now 50 active on rev? and 10 of this are staff, and they dont have the powers, balls or will to make rev great again. Listening to this same guys spaming rev discord dally with there shit and stupid ideas, only to make then have more advantage while playing/pking. the brags about multi ganking skillers and people who farm fort or tran there accounts there, then the same people crys when someone attack them while traning in wildy.. tell me what the driffrence is?

Rev is once sided from staffs, rev is booring, rev is dying.

Try to see the game from different perspectives guys.

Someone told me "challenge yourself"

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Jauroo said:

It's almost 2020 you shouldn't even need to spend months training your shit nomore, char parking is not a problem, if anything it makes the action last longer, and wildy more active. What's a problem is you as an example, and your 40 man team, only pking when you have triple the numbers, then crying when you are 10vs2ing someone and they login a alt of their own and cry how multi is killing the server. I can probably name 1-2 players from the ''multiers'' that would gank new players, whereas you are doing it yourself with 10 guys at any given time.

+ There is NEVER going to be a flood of new players joining into RSC, Everyone knows Rev exists, instead of adding more and more restrictions into the wildy, don't make it so fucking hard to get the accounts, some people feel like it's easy when they afk 24/7 for 2 months and spend all their free time afking with their phone aswell, but who the fuck wants to do that. You shouldn't have to go through all that *JUST TO PK*, people PK because they want to enjoy the nostalgia and have fun, just let fucking players set their stats in wildy, or implement my Pking mode suggestion, the said accounts wouldn't have any effect outside of the wilderness, meaning their stats would be 1 1 1.

Now the new players and the ones who dont want to spend months training before they can PK, can challenge the '' castle account parkers'' and fight them themselves, and the ones who don't enjoy that style of Pking, can PK at other areas which we already have ( but are really not used, because we know everyone who complains about this shit wont pk no matter what the rules are) and another fucking problem fixed. I can't believe how this can be so hard to comprehend, especially when this has absolutely no negative sides to the gameplay, and would boost the sub sales also.

1) "char parking is not a problem, if anything it makes the action last longer, and wildy more active."

- There is no action at castle. It is absolutely dead bc of the parking. People fight for a few mins then someone would ambush them with a higher level. They never come back to the wilderness again. There wouldn't be a 2ip fort if castle wasn't a problem. Fort is an artificial lure to foster pking action since castle was exploited by people who have a lot of free time on their hand.

2) "here is NEVER going to be a flood of new players joining into RSC, Everyone knows Rev exists, instead of adding more and more restrictions into the wildy, don't make it so fucking hard to get the accounts, some people feel like it's easy when they afk 24/7 for 2 months and spend all their free time afking with their phone aswell, but who the fuck wants to do that."

- Existing players already have accounts, they don't have time to train 10 accounts at every single level to compete with folks who have a huge char lists for some odd reason. Artificially giving players easy obtainable stats or "Pking mode" suggestion will make it even worse with teams who have a lot of uniques. This will allow them to have multiple chars camped around the wilderness, which only exacerbates the problem. It's ironic that you're complaining about a "40-man team" yet suggesting pking mode at the same time, which would ultimately result in uniques having even more flat accounts at their disposal. Good luck competing against that. 

3) "just let fucking players set their stats in wildy, or implement my Pking mode suggestion, the said accounts wouldn't have any effect outside of the wilderness, meaning their stats would be 1 1 1."

- highly unethical since people have already earned their stats legit via sub cards/hundreds of hours training to pk. Not to mention if this was possible, teams with a lot of uniques would be able to obtain multiple flats and completely decimate the wilderness. In addition, allowing players to set their stats will have huge reprecussions in the wilderness. This is RSCRevolution, not turnip. One is alive, the other is dead.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

100% sounds like an actual fix. Don't cater to the exploiters. They're the reason the wild is dead.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

humans said:

Jauroo said:

1) "char parking is not a problem, if anything it makes the action last longer, and wildy more active."

- There is no action at castle. It is absolutely dead bc of the parking. People fight for a few mins then someone would ambush them with a higher level. They never come back to the wilderness again. There wouldn't be a 2ip fort if castle wasn't a problem. Fort is an artificial lure to foster pking action since castle was exploited by people who have a lot of free time on their hand.

2) "here is NEVER going to be a flood of new players joining into RSC, Everyone knows Rev exists, instead of adding more and more restrictions into the wildy, don't make it so fucking hard to get the accounts, some people feel like it's easy when they afk 24/7 for 2 months and spend all their free time afking with their phone aswell, but who the fuck wants to do that."

- Existing players already have accounts, they don't have time to train 10 accounts at every single level to compete with folks who have a huge char lists for some odd reason. Artificially giving players easy obtainable stats or "Pking mode" suggestion will make it even worse with teams who have a lot of uniques. This will allow them to have multiple chars camped around the wilderness, which only exacerbates the problem. It's ironic that you're complaining about a "40-man team" yet suggesting pking mode at the same time, which would ultimately result in uniques having even more flat accounts at their disposal. Good luck competing against that. 

3) "just let fucking players set their stats in wildy, or implement my Pking mode suggestion, the said accounts wouldn't have any effect outside of the wilderness, meaning their stats would be 1 1 1."

- highly unethical since people have already earned their stats legit via sub cards/hundreds of hours training to pk. Not to mention if this was possible, teams with a lot of uniques would be able to obtain multiple flats and completely decimate the wilderness. In addition, allowing players to set their stats will have huge reprecussions in the wilderness. This is RSCRevolution, not turnip. One is alive, the other is dead.

Castle is not dead because of char parking, its dead because there is no fucking players left. Before you joined here few months back or whenever the fuck you did, castle was popping, and charwars and teamwars were a really common thing. And who cares if something is highly unethical or whatever, but if you're going to add MORE restrictions it WILL just kill the server even more, I've seen all the changes they've done over here when you have not been around, and the result has always been MORE players quitting, not coming back, or wildy atleast not being anymore active, ever. That's why everyone should have the possibility to defend themselves from these so called ''multi gankers'' which don't even exist, i can't even understand how you're comparing Pk mode accounts to your 40 man team. What are 3 guys with 1 flats supposed to do when you and your 10 mates jump them? atleast if they had the accounts they could try and defend themselves without losing 100%. I'm not ranting about this shit because i want shit easier because i dont need accounts and i never will and if i had to train a list to pk with for the 100th time on the 100th server i wouldn't even play, but there are massive amount of people who don't play for these reasons.

The biggest problem is teams, which you play a huge part in. If you split your 40 man team into 5 teams, there would already be alot of action, but we all know thats not happening, but you prefer ganking people 10vs2 and making pking videos of it and pretending to be a Pker or some shit. You think the new players want to compete against that? I can tell you that most of the oldschoolers which i know almost everyone personally, and i am still in touch with alot of them, would enjoy 3vs3 charwars etc alot more than waiting 3 hours to get numbers to match 10vs10 to fight for 5 mins in fort and wait an another hour for the other side to get even more numbers because they just lot the war and can't handle losing so they wont come back. That is another reason why no1 is fuckin with this nomore. We need the old players back, without them the wildy will be 100% dead, just like it is. Cbf to argue with someone who has no knowledge of whatsoever when it comes to anything Pking related, as you are someone who started pking 3 months ago at the border, and you don't even know any of the pkers or why they won't play. Maybe your border friends will say they're not pking because of the char parking, but they're just as fuckin stupid as u are; as example, you and your 5 mates came up from border, on fuckin 3x lvl 48 def magers, and 3 fighters to attack me when i was alone on a lvl 48, i logged in 2 more accounts to try and put up a fight against you who jump 1 guy with 6 guys and with fuckin magers at those levels, you all ran back to border yelling '' hAHAH ROFL NOOB MULTI OMG !!!'' which is fuckin ridiculous.  I clearly had the disadvantage, still there was something wrong about me logging in more accounts, as always. 99% pkers will give u fair fights, you guys NEVER accept them, but you complain about not getting them, you even complain about char parking in_FORT_ when there is a IP limit over there, and you have NEVER pked outnumbered yourself, so you always have the advantage no matter what. Peace out i'll be checking back in if some players come back who will actually PK because right now this is a damn joke.

Last edited by Jauroo (31 Oct 2019 08:41)

Player avatar

soulfear Send PM

subscriber

were on this topic again ill just come back next month smile

Player avatar

humans Send PM

@jauroo I'm not going to attempt to read this wall of text until you revise it properly. Learn to type like an adult starting with proper grammar: punctuation, indentation, and paragraph spacing. Instead of typing rambling paragraphs filled with unnecessary expletives and ad hominem, use fewer, clear, and succinct words to adequately articulate a message. I'm not asking for perfection, but this is just beyond disappointing for me to even bring it up. This level of language proficiency is embarrassingly worse than a 5yo.

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

humans said:

@jauroo I'm not going to attempt to read this wall of text until you revise it properly. Learn to type like an adult starting with proper grammar: punctuation, indentation, and paragraph spacing. Instead of typing rambling paragraphs filled with unnecessary expletives and ad hominem, use fewer, clear, and succinct words to adequately articulate a message. I'm not asking for perfection, but this is just beyond disappointing for me to even bring it up. This level of language proficiency is embarrassingly worse than a 5yo.

Don't need to when im speaking with someone whos completely retard3d

Player avatar

noobsrus Send PM

subscriber

Humans, Jauro is just fed up with the bullshit from new players that think they know it all and staff making poor decisions. All the pkers that we have seen leave, have left mostly in part to new players having staff make stupid changes that make the game garbage, when there is ALWAYS better solutions that are never used, all because they want the subscription money to stay rolling. When infact the greed keeps them from realizing they would have made more in the other hand. (I'm generalizing all server owners since the start besides the few open source no-donation servers)

If they make the game so you can have the chars its wayyy more fun than this slow paced 3yr grind for minute long pk sessions. When I do a war I enjoy pking a solid 2hrs straight. 3min breaks at most for regrouping. That doesnt happen anymore.. lol in the last year I have not seen a war last more than 2 rounds.. which is so ridiculously sad.

It also has to do with people being scared to lose their pixels..

Player avatar

Renevald Send PM

subscriber

You 10v1 ganked me about an hour ago and you're bitching about getting multi'd. Get bent, you've already delegitimized yourself and no ones gonna take this seriously.

Player avatar

xfermepoop Send PM

subscriber

Renevald said:

You 10v1 ganked me about an hour ago and you're bitching about getting multi'd. Get bent, you've already delegitimized yourself and no ones gonna take this seriously.

damn

[img]https://i.imgur.com/CuVwd9w.png[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Renevald said:

Wow so you guys ganked a solo guy, who doesn't multi? why would you that?

Infact looking at your kill feeds, why do you keep killing trainers and farmers? yet look at my kill feed theres none?

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Border is dead. Nothing is being done to promote growth in this area.
Castle is dead. Parked by 100s of alts at virtually every level to ambush players.
Fort is an alt farm easily exploited by vpns, mobile devices, UIDs, etc.
Cheaters, scammers, scumbags continue to get away with bug abusing and breaking ToS rules.

A few examples:

Zammy flat scammer - took billions of people hard earned money which I exposed to protect the players in the game -
result: your team reduced a ban to virtually NOTHING for something that constituted a permanent ban. Clear preferential treatment.

AHK 61s staking - I have sent videos and countless evidence for months demonstrating macro behavior. Yet it took months for any action to be taken. The 61 staking scene was severely crippled as a result. The same individual who conducted the zammy flat scam is associated and involved in this situation.

Wildy bug abusing - Your ToS explicitly states: "No bug abuse. If you find a bug, you are obligated to report it in the bug report section or to a staff member. If it's an exploitable or game-breaking bug, please contact a staff member in a private message instead of posting it in the bug report section. The staff list can be found here. If you are found exploiting any bug for your own personal gain (items/gp, skilling, PKing etc), you will be banned."

The individual involved was caught TWICE yesterday:

1) Gemaras vs bug abuser during a 1v1 - the bug abuser was out of food and intentionally escaped IN COMBAT by exploiting the bug.
2) Deep wildy p2p pk. The bug abuser once again exploited the bug at low hp while IN COMBAT with four witnesses in that area. Instead of reporting the bug as stated in ToS, he intentionally abused it again to escape from wildy.

@n0m I tried my best to protect Rev players from these scammers and bug abusers. However, you and your team continue to take no actions against them. There is no objectivity in this game. It's clear to me at this point certain people get preferential treatment and there is no point anymore for me to defend the players in the game given this biased and corrupted system. I gain nothing from reporting these cheaters and I suffer constant negative harassment and threats which I gladly endure for the sake of protecting the innocent average players in the game. This is the final straw for me. The last courtesy I will do for Rev is to keep this rant in this topic instead of making a separate topic. I wish the very best for RSCRevolution, and hope you guys will do the right thing once and for all by protecting your players from these malicious individuals with criminal tendencies.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

humans said:

Castle is dead. Parked by 100s of alts at virtually every level to ambush players.
Cheaters, scammers, scumbags continue to get away with bug abusing and breaking ToS rules.

A few examples:

Zammy flat scammer - took billions of people hard earned money which I exposed to protect the players in the game -
result: your team reduced a ban to virtually NOTHING for something that constituted a permanent ban. Clear preferential treatment.

AHK 61s staking - I have sent videos and countless evidence for months demonstrating macro behavior. Yet it took months for any action to be taken. The 61 staking scene was severely crippled as a result. The same individual who conducted the zammy flat scam is associated and involved in this situation.

Wildy bug abusing - Your ToS explicitly states: "No bug abuse. If you find a bug, you are obligated to report it in the bug report section or to a staff member. If it's an exploitable or game-breaking bug, please contact a staff member in a private message instead of posting it in the bug report section. The staff list can be found here. If you are found exploiting any bug for your own personal gain (items/gp, skilling, PKing etc), you will be banned."

1) Gemaras vs bug abuser during a 1v1 - the bug abuser was out of food and intentionally escaped IN COMBAT by exploiting the bug.
2) Deep wildy p2p pk. The bug abuser once again exploited the bug at low hp while IN COMBAT with four witnesses in that area. Instead of reporting the bug as stated in ToS, he intentionally abused it again to escape from wildy.

@n0m I tried my best to protect Rev players from these scammers and bug abusers. However, you and your team continue to take no actions against them. There is no objectivity in this game. It's clear to me at this point certain people get preferential treatment and there is no point anymore for me to defend the players in the game given this biased and corrupted system. I gain nothing from reporting these cheaters and I suffer constant negative harassment and threats which I gladly endure for the sake of protecting the innocent average players in the game. This is the final straw for me. The last courtesy I will do for Rev is to keep this rant in this topic instead of making a separate topic. I wish the very best for RSCRevolution, and hope you guys will do the right thing once and for all by protecting your players from these malicious individuals with criminal tendencies.

Humans what we should really do, is all make a massive gank squad, like combine 5 teams spanning 50 players and then walk around and gank lone people like renevald, or skillers, traininers etc. THEN we should logout before any pkers come to fight us 5 vs 50!

YES THIS WILL SAVE REV

Player avatar

imRonald Send PM

humans said:

A few examples:

Aparantly, i stake bot, i scam stakes, i also bug abuse? Lmao, since you joined rev you been trying everything in your power to get me banned because I beat you in any aspect of the game easily. You're just a sore loser that can't take a loss, everytime someone beats you up, you call them macro.

- N0m changed hotspots so you can't log out during hotspot, I think when your account holding hotspot and standing still more than 5 mins, then you randomly log. It doesnt happen always, but it happened to me 4 times yesterday, while 2 off them was when i was in combat, and this fucking moron thinks I can log myself out in combats.
You're just a low iq village guy that has nothing to do in this game besides crying constantly.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

imRonald said:

- N0m changed hotspots so you can't log out during hotspot, I think when your account holding hotspot and standing still more than 5 mins, then you randomly log. It doesnt happen always, but it happened to me 4 times yesterday, while 2 off them was when i was in combat, and this fucking moron thinks I can log myself out in combats.
You're just a low iq village guy that has nothing to do in this game besides crying constantly.

If you stand still anywhere 5 mins it will auto log you out, even if your in combat with player.

who cares

Player avatar

DoneldTrumpet Send PM

subscriber

What a sore loser you are, Humans. There's no bug abusing happening, you're simply getting beaten by better players.

As nyx said. Let's make a 50 man team and gank individuals and log out when actual pkers get online.

That'll save rev from dying

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Humans how the hell can you be this invested in rsc... and about pking, no change will ever happen and the changes that do happen are just the ideas of staff, not players/pkers. It is too late to get pkers back, why else would the the online count lose to servers that are way less developed. The only thing that seems to get playercount up is events like halloween or any other pixel related farming events. Players are willing to spend hours and hours to farm for a pixelated item even tho none of them is rare and just shows how much of a nerd you really are. This is the reality, there is no point to talk about pking or talk to humans. Some things just dont change.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

sosuke Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

And again people come here to flame potential game savers for this place. Very nice idea as well. Don't come crying when the time you wasted on making several new accounts falls into nothingness. All hope is lost if things don't liven up in this place. You complain about big teams yet you keep those going along with several other antics that haven't gone punished. But yeah, Kick down another idea see if you get the so-called faith you claim people have. Honest opinions are what makes things move.