Home teleport

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Reduce the timer on home teleport to 5mins or something like that, would make pking alot easier for the ones who do not have a bunch of accounts, so they would be able to bank and keep fighting

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Very original idea and no one has ever suggested it before but...

No

Thats not the way the game is supposed to be played. Think about what kind of hell would break loose if players started teleporting every 5 minutes? I mean can you even imagine? And it does not benefit skilling so there is no need for this update.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

Interesting suggestion, but I don't think I see this happening, for a number of reasons.

For one, the home teleport is mainly added as a way to get out of places when you're stuck somewhere (generally not in wild). Lowering the cooldown too much would make some teleports nearly obsolete, since for example Lumbridge has both Mad Zeonk and Skipper, making it an easy place from which to move to other places, circumventing other teleports (Although I get that there's different scenarios and walking distances).

If your argument is that many low level pk builds have no magic levels I would say that's not necessary. If you really need a teleport below lvl 20 wilderness: We've had the option to create teleport tablets for nearly 1.5 years now, allowing anyone to teleport regardless of magic levels. You can create them by using law-runes on soft clay (or vice-versa), provided you have the rest of the required runes for the spell, and requirements to create them (Plague City and Watchtower quests in the case of resp. Ardougne and Yanille teleports). You can of course create these on an alt.

In addition, there's a bank chest at team fort and castle, a number of wilderness obelisks that can teleport you to lower levels of the wilderness, and the place wasn't really designed to be easy in-and-out and have bank chests everywhere. Rather, if you go into the wilderness, you need either runes or a tablet or walk the extra bit to get to safety (although that may not be a compelling argument on its own).

Maybe there's some other way to address this concern, other than lowering the home teleport spell?

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

my argument is that for flats pking, which is mainly happening at castle and fort, the ones with 10-30 flats control the bank and the ones who have 2-3 flats each wont stand a chance, if they were able to bank as the ones with shitload of flats were (tele to lumby bank and go back) they could compete against them without needing so many accounts.

Of course, the problem isn't the home teleport timer in the first place, it's that it'll take people way too long to get those accounts needed to compete against the ones who have 100s, this would just make it a little easier for them.

Number of pkers have been going on and on about it being too hard to train the accounts needed for pking, anyone who says its not, can try and make 10 flats with a full time job and family, and get the supplies for the accounts and see how long it takes. That's only for flats, if you want to pk on other levels, it'll take ages. 200+ hours double subbed for flats, some people don't have the opportunity to afk on android aswell whilst they're trying to enjoy their life aswell. I just spoke with a bunch of old pkers last week trying to get them back to RSC, they said they would but they only have 1 flats each over here, or none, and no1 of them has the time to train and grind anymore, considering how long/much it takes. That's pretty much my argument lol, makes it easier for those guys. But i know nothing is being done about that because i've been ranting my ass off about it for 2 years and more and more people just quit and quit, wonder how long it takes till something is actually being done about it.

Last edited by Jauroo (17 Sep 2019 17:46)

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

You are right once again. Home teleport in wildy should be 3minutes tops or whatever. And no delay after getting a kill. I dont get all the omg we cant change anything coz it will ruin the market and the game flow. No it fucking wont. Just to make it super clear I was trolling in my previous post. Every week theres more and more chars trained to flats, more PKers quitting forever to never log in again. The PKers input has been ignored for 2 years straight. This game has so many mods. Mods who do events and help players quest and show off their fancy gear. These mods have no interest in PKing. They were chosen for the sole reason they are skillers not pkers. If you play this game 150+ hours a month and you have a high slayer level theres a really good chance you will become a mod. And these mods DO NOT CARE ABOUT PKING. I only see people getting muted/banned for  shittalking each other in a super small community.  Mods have no real power either when it comes to say ummm... unjailing a char that has been unactive or figuring out a forgotten PW. Only a couple senior mods have the power. How would you ever expect anything to change. You are wasting your time Jauro, you are talking to deaf ears. Everything that needs to be said has been said about PKing and it has been ignored for the longest time. The way you become a mod here is you log 150hours+ every month, avoid conflict/keep your mouth shut and have a very high slayer level. How do you expect the PKing scene to change ever? Please tell me. All the pking updates have been some random ideas by players who dont PK just waiting to be reversed since they were so stupid in the first place. Its not "or it will be too late". That was 6 months ago, it is too late now. Honestly I dont see the 100 Pkers who have quit in the past year ever returning (including myself). It just hurts to see you, Jauro, pinpointing the exact problems and suggesting the best ideas only to be ignored 100% of time.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Mod Vinkie said:

Interesting suggestion, but I don't think I see this happening, for a number of reasons.

For one, the home teleport is mainly added as a way to get out of places when you're stuck somewhere (generally not in wild). Lowering the cooldown too much would make some teleports nearly obsolete, since for example Lumbridge has both Mad Zeonk and Skipper, making it an easy place from which to move to other places, circumventing other teleports (Although I get that there's different scenarios and walking distances).

If your argument is that many low level pk builds have no magic levels I would say that's not necessary. If you really need a teleport below lvl 20 wilderness: We've had the option to create teleport tablets for nearly 1.5 years now, allowing anyone to teleport regardless of magic levels. You can create them by using law-runes on soft clay (or vice-versa), provided you have the rest of the required runes for the spell, and requirements to create them (Plague City and Watchtower quests in the case of resp. Ardougne and Yanille teleports). You can of course create these on an alt.

In addition, there's a bank chest at team fort and castle, a number of wilderness obelisks that can teleport you to lower levels of the wilderness, and the place wasn't really designed to be easy in-and-out and have bank chests everywhere. Rather, if you go into the wilderness, you need either rune runes or a tablet or walk the extra bit to get to safety (although that may not be a compelling argument on its own).

Maybe there's some other way to address this concern, other than lowering the home teleport spell?

shut up

Oprah:

Player avatar

rubixcube Send PM

owned haha

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Jauroo said:

But i know nothing is being done about that because i've been ranting my ass off about it for 2 years and more and more people just quit and quit, wonder how long it takes till something is actually being done about it.

See thats what I dont get. You say you know nothing is being done and then you say you wonder how long it takes till something is actually done. You already know the answer. Its not a coincidence player count has been decreasing despite a lot of updates for skillers.

https://imgur.com/a/tAUg2QO

Oprah:

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Do this would be a huge boost for all pking

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Mod Vinkie said:

In addition, there's a bank chest at team fort and castle, a number of wilderness obelisks that can teleport you to lower levels of the wilderness, and the place wasn't really designed to be easy in-and-out and have bank chests everywhere. Rather, if you go into the wilderness, you need either rune runes or a tablet or walk the extra bit to get to safety (although that may not be a compelling argument on its own).

It's sad seeing posts by mods showing how they don't understand the game at all. No wonder servers dying

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Mod Vinkie said:

If players comes with suggestions that would ONLY increase and tend to pking and doesnt affect the rest of the game just go with it
Dont apply it outside of wilderness

Mods doesnt have to shoot down everything that they dont see the need for, 5 mins is Still a little high in My oppinion

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Nyx said:

Mod Vinkie said:

It's sad seeing posts by mods showing how they don't understand the game at all. No wonder servers dying

Yeah, thats why mods opinions shouldnt really be considered when it comes to Pking related things, because they simply don't understand it, no offense. Just like vinkie proved above, i've seen so many good ideas that would have increased pking and player count shut down over the years just simply because mods/admins do not understand it, so they shut the idea down. Talk with pkers about wilderness updates/changes/how to bring pkers back, not along with the staff team who have no clue about it when it comes to PKING scene.. y'all can handle rest of the game..

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Mod Vinkie said:

Yes, there is. Mods should have no say regarding wilderness. How about that. We have seen the dictatorship for too long. Instead, staff should listen to players input which has been ignored 100% of time when it comes to wilderness. Its a fucking joke.

Oprah:

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

Stolt Archer said:

If players comes with suggestions that would ONLY increase and tend to pking and doesnt affect the rest of the game just go with it
Dont apply it outside of wilderness

Mods doesnt have to shoot down everything that they dont see the need for, 5 mins is Still a little high in My oppinion

Good point about the wilderness only timer. My reply was aimed at the idea of the home teleport cooldown being lowered globally. A reduced timer for the wilderness doesn't sound all that bad, given the limited advantage outside of PKing.

Player avatar

imRonald Send PM

+1 30 mins way to much, make it 5

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

If there was no delay at all there's still no negative. Standing still for agers to use is enough

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Also remove wilderness limit

Player avatar

Daveyw0w Send PM

subscriber

just make rscr exactly how classic was that will bring players back (Y)

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Daveyw0w said:

just make rscr exactly how classic was that will bring players back (Y)

Theres 2 servers like that, with a playerbase of 10 combined

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Home teleport limitations now area:
- 30 min. cool down for teleport outside Wilderness;
- 5 min. cool down for teleport inside Wilderness;