RSCRevolution Cape (Achievement Diary)

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Last edited by humans (18 Apr 2021 02:17)

Player avatar

Durable Send PM

+1 gives veterans incentives to play.

Player avatar

Snosaven24 Send PM

subscriber

I like the achievements idea a lot. That's a list that can be constantly added to as new features roll out. Instead of a cape, as it sort of signifies the end of a list that really shouldn't end, perhaps a token/non-GP currency reward system would be better. Something you can trade for perks or special items.

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Snosaven24 said:

I like the achievements idea a lot. That's a list that can be constantly added to as new features roll out. Instead of a cape, as it sort of signifies the end of a list that really shouldn't end, perhaps a token/non-GP currency reward system would be better. Something you can trade for perks or special items.

As new achievements are added, the cape will be unable to wield until all achievements are completed. It's designed to be the best cape in-game and demands respect when people see it. I'd much personally prefer a special cape reward, but an achievement shop could be an alternative. It will be an arduous grind, but should help w/ player retention bc ppl will always have a goal to complete.

One of the major aspects with any game is development, if people run out of things to do they get bored and quit. Simple as that. Achievement diary builds and integrates upon the existing infrastructure of the game, which expands and exposes core elements of the game. Achievements are related to every skill in the game and I also added wilderness tasks to help promote wildy action. This is not a comprehensive list, and if I were to spend more time on it, I would add all the wildy npcs and extra wildy tasks.

Every game mode can participate in the achievement diary. Currently, once people become maxed and finish all the quests, their journey in the game is pretty much over. People need more content and achievements shouldn't be too difficult to implement in the game.

@n0m if your team is interested in this idea, I also would like to propose some extra features:

1) When clicking on the task under quest tab it should show the task progress (e.g. 100/1000 wood chopped).
2) Consider exempting hardcore mode from wildy tasks or reducing their wildy task requirements.

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Humans, great post, thank you for taking your time not only to explain the idea in detail, but submitting a list of sorted tasks smile

I really like the idea and I'm personally interested in a similar idea with a twist, that RSCR would offer weekly/monthly challenges like this. Challenges would give ranks that, for example, would allow you to wear this cape. This way players have sort of never ending content that is ever changing depending on what challenges/achievements we schedule.

Would be fantastic to hear more feedback from the community what they think!

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Kleio said:

Humans, great post, thank you for taking your time not only to explain the idea in detail, but submitting a list of sorted tasks smile

I really like the idea and I'm personally interested in a similar idea with a twist, that RSCR would offer weekly/monthly challenges like this. Challenges would give ranks that, for example, would allow you to wear this cape. This way players have sort of never ending content that is ever changing depending on what challenges/achievements we schedule.

Would be fantastic to hear more feedback from the community what they think!

The idea of a monthly task list is excellent and I'll add it to the O/P if you don't mind. Easy/medium/hard/master/wildy tasks would be static while monthly tasks would be cycled once a month. Essentially people would have to complete all the static tasks to purchase the cape, and once a month they would get a new task list (5-15 new tasks to complete) for the ability to wear the cape. Each month the task list is refreshed and people get new tasks. The cape is automatically unequipped when new monthly task achievements are added.

I am not against the weekly task list if it isn't too tiresome to code, although it would probably be easier to do a monthly task by itself so you only have to code it once a month. Both are great to supplement new content for people to do in the game.

In addition, the cape's perks above are just examples, I'd love for it to have more features that wouldn't disrupt the economy. This way people would be more motivated to grind for their achievements.

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

As long as the reward(s) are worth it, I'm all for this. Cape stats sound good so far! +1 +1 And we already got admin support. Let's do this guys.

Player avatar

humans Send PM

@Kleio

RSCR Team League (Team Achievements)

Seasonal RSCR Team League Achievement Tasks

- Competition for Teams (Skilling/PKing/Slayer based)
- 3-4x a year
- Easy/Medium/Hard/Master/Wildy tasks for teams
- Team Tasks will be significant more extensive than individual tasks (Kill 5000 cows instead of 500)
- All team member's contribution will be counted toward the task
- XP boost perks when a team completes all their achievements
- Wildy task completion's perks - Wilderness perks/Hotspot/Fort/etc
- Competitive Team Achievement Highscore (most tasks completed, etc)
- Completing each category of task will reward you with items to team bank (Swordfish, Pots, etc)
- Special achievement shops (points for individual/team tasks- cosmetic armour, runes, food, etc)
- At the end of the competition, top 3 teams with most achievements will be rewarded
- Team statues at Edge

Server Benefits

- Encourage people to form teams for skilling/pk
- Collaboration, competition, fun
- Large Competition to promote the server and the grind

Last edited by humans (8 Oct 2019 17:54)