Empty Vial and Wilderness Slayer

Player avatar

humans Send PM

1) Whenever you finish drinking a potion (on last dose) in the wilderness - make the vial disappear. Can toggle option on/off.

- This will be of great convenience to pkers so they can use extra slots to pick up food, gears, etc.
- Make it toggle-able to prevent people from crying about their worthless empty vials.

2) Move Wilderness Slayer Monsters close to hotspot and popular pk areas. Many of them are underground in the wilderness and nobody ever pks there. If you pk in the wilderness there should be an element of risk, not just safely farming wildy mobs. This defeats the purpose of wildy slayer, which in my opinion should be to make wilderness more active.

- Have a discussion with the staff team to reallocate the mobs in different places of the wilderness, avoid places like underground etc. People should be above ground in the wilderness and visible to being attacked.
- Add wildy slayer boxes to the drop table to make wildy slayer more popular.

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Idea #1 is good.

I have a problem with the other one though. Wilderness slayer is somewhat safe but I have had plenty of people trying to kill me. If you put it in PK hotzones pretty much only those that are in with the big teams will be able to even train slayer in the wilderness.

Think about it...we're already disadvantaged from the start not having full PK gear. Enemies like sand burrowers knock your HP down quickly with F2P gear which leads you to be a sitting duck with very little food after even 5-10 minutes of training. It's already stressful trying to decide when to bank your loot when low on food....in a PK hotspot you may as well just forget it all together.

You get bonus XP at the cost of it being risky to go fully AFK-type training. In a pk hotspot the risk is so high it's not even worth trying thus less people in wilderness. You would have to significantly up the XP bonus by 3-5 times for most people to even consider it.

Player avatar

humans Send PM

I can empathize with you. Wilderness is a high risk area and having slayer monsters distributed underground so people can safely farm mobs is not helpful to increase wildy activity. That's basically Pvming.

I agree that we should increase wildy slayer exp rate and offer other incentives to compromise with placing these mobs near hotspots.

Good discussion.

Player avatar

Mod Sanka Send PM

i feel it IF slayer become more riskfully in wilderness it not worth it bcz exp boost not very hig on slayer in there. maybe if it become more riskfull rest of them who train slayer in wild they move on yotto or other safe masters. pkers are free to go there where they slayer farmers "freely" farm.