Team Fort (I know. It never ends.)

Player avatar

Izbrit Send PM

subscriber

Ok. So. Why Fort needs to go back to 1IP-
We’ve been talking about this (and I’m sure your ears are probably bleeding at this point), but fort should go back to 1IP.
The poll results clearly stated that people wanted 1IP back, and yeah, we get that skillers weren’t really considered in the end results (was mentioned in global at one point that pkrs are the votes you wanted), but why? That’s a huge aspect of fort. To work on team skills. We weren’t given the actual results to know this is how the poll ended up, but that’s what we’ve gathered.
Anyway,
The idea behind being able to train and use multi flats at once might be possible for some people, but it’s rather difficult for several others. Training accounts is doable, but using them at the same time might not be. Whether it’s because of the device they’re using, or the inability to multi-task well enough, it’s difficult. So you’ll get the guys (and girls) who can fight multi, then the ones that stand no chance because they have to use 1 char at a time to actually be able to fight.
In context, that could be 2 people with 4 accts running, and 2 people on 1 acct. Yeah, maybe that could work, but then you have the people with multiple accts die on 1 char, still have 1 fighting, and just have another alt standing waiting for that 5 minute timer so they can come right back in so it’s 2 on 1 again, and that 1 player hasn’t had any chance to get more food or anything. At least having 4 uniques vs 2 uniques is actually a decent fight. If you take more than 5 minutes to regroup or bank/eat whatever after a char is killed so they have a chance to come back on 1 alt, that’s your own fault. At least it’s a real fight.
We were also under the impression that the 2IP was a trial. If the idea of switching to 1IP is still up in the air, then would it be possible to have a trial for it as well? Or is that already in the works? We know there are about 2 or 3 teams that have said they’re refusing to use fort until it’s 1IP. 
Or, it could also be put in place to have a rotation like the wild used to be F2P and P2P rotations. Meet half way.
So those are some thought and suggestions. Make it fair fights again. Get teams to work together.

Player avatar

Mod Mel Send PM

Banned

I just want to say that there are pros and there are cons for both methods of pking- 1ip/1client and multi.

• There are times when 6 uniques launch an attack on 2 uniques. The 2 uniques multi to make it a fair fight because they are outnumbered, so it becomes 6 characters vs 6 characters. Multi in this instance is viewed as fair (by most).
  • There are times when there is someone using multi accounts to fight a solo player. Multi in this instance is viewed as (generally) unfair.
  • On the other hand, there are times when 1 unique player multis, using 2 accounts, to initiate a 2v2 vs 2 unique players (making it a 1 person vs 2 people but 2 character vs 2 character fight), and so on.

Multi doesn't always mean unfair. By the same token, 1ip/1client pking doesn't always mean fair, either.
I say this because I hear feedback from both sides of the fence condemning the other method of pking but neither is "the right way"...if that makes sense.

At any rate, Fort is under a 2ip restriction at the current time. It was stated in the re-launch of Fort post that it is being done on a trial basis to obtain feedback.
Your feedback is appreciated. We do hear you. It'd be nice to hear (constructively) from everyone who ventures out into the Wilderness.

Just because it's 2ip right now does not mean that it will remain this way forever.
Perhaps your suggestion of a 1ip/2ip rotation could be a genuine olive branch that bridges a consensus.

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Click here for helpful links regarding RSCRevolution and our exclusive content.
Read the Rules: Automated play is a bannable offense!

Player avatar

humans Send PM

There will never be a general consensus when it pertains to multi/non-multi, only mitigation of the impact in the wilderness by restricting amount of IPs (in this case 2ips). The poll clearly showed a wide margin favoring 1ip > 2ip, but to no surprise this "trial period" was introduced despite public opinion overwhelmingly voted for 1 IP. Basically they got strong-armed by a loud minority of village people on Discord who are unable to express an adequate logical thought process without going into a temper tantrum and blackmailing to quit the server. Favoritism and double standards practice are clearly evident for certain clan and people.

In addition, pls spare me the BS about "pkers only poll" - if 2ip had won, the shadow poll would have been made publicly. There is no justification for lack of transparency.

Poll tally: 74-21 -> you would have to remove >50 votes favoring 2 IP forts to make the secondary poll a favorite 1 IP. This isn't neurosurgery; it's common sense they don't care about the public majority.

[*][/*]Additionally, if you wanted to draw more skillers and new players into the pking scene wouldn't you also want to include their opinion about the Fort System? Why disregard their vote? What sort of logic is this? Do you want to turn them away from pking by only favoring a small minority?

"Multi doesn't always mean unfair. By the same token, 1ip/1client pking doesn't always mean fair, either.
I say this because I hear feedback from both sides of the fence condemning the other method of pking but neither is "the right way"...if that makes sense.

- I agree that people will never come to a general consensus about this. However, the fort system is only one component of the wilderness, everywhere else is multi pking.
- People aren't multing the traditional way. There are people who train and share excessive amounts of accounts. This 2 IP fort system is essentially giving them a farming ground for resources, no different than the previous tower system rewarding these sort of individuals.
- This also means that old players who don't have a massive char list will have no chance of competing in a 2-IP fort system. Newer players obviously can't compete with this game mechanics either. We're all in our early 20s and God forbid everyone should make 100 flat chars to compete. Absolute nonsense.
- RSClassic had a population of thousands of people so multi wasn't that big of a logistical flawed compared to private server where the usual population ranges from 50-150 ppl. Therefore you can't objectively apply the same concept bc apples =/= oranges in terms of population demographic with regard to Rsclassic and private servers.

In addition, they seem to have completely missed a major factor: the RSCR economy.
[*][/*] They buffed fort NPCs drop.
[*][/*] With 2 IPs instead of 1IP, people can farm even more resources into the game.

My assumption is that they wanted to attract more people into the wilderness with these extra incentives in fort. However, with 2 IPs people can farm double the loots and those with shared char lists can easily camp multiple flats and take advantage of their numbers.

There will never be a general consensus given the the game mechanics currently implemented. 1IP people do not have the time, patience, or even technological capabilities (remember not all people play on PC, some play on mobile- GL 2-IP fort on that).

RSCRevolution is currently in a perpetual paradox where you can't please everyone. However, it's interesting they decided to favor the loud minority in this case.

It's okay though, border PK is still poppin. Come join us.

- Humans Best Pk.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Multi should be a bannable offense. F$%k cheaters! This game will NEVER grow if you cater to the veterans.

NO OTHER MMO ALLOWS THIS FOR A REASON.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (28 Jun 2019 03:30)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

E N K O said:

KizL said:

Multi should be a bannable offense. F$%k cheaters! This game will NEVER grow if you cater to the veterans.

~K!zL

There would be no economy on a server this small without the army of multi fishers, woodcutters, mob killers and miners.

Or I dunno do what other MMOs have done and actually just automate all Skilling so its 1 click instead of monotonous garbage?

~K!zL

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

E N K O said:

KizL said:

E N K O said:

There would be no economy on a server this small without the army of multi fishers, woodcutters, mob killers and miners.

Or I dunno do what other MMOs have done and actually just automate all Skilling so its 1 click instead of monotonous garbage?

~K!zL

Thats obviously not going to please the majority of skillers. I wouldn't mind it,  but some people honestly get off on the grind.

Yea, that's what veterans mode is for. Fhk em.

~K!zL

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Fort has been more active lately than almost ever before when it was 1IP, and 2IP is just fine, you can go in and fight 3vs6, 1vs3 and shit, and that's what we need since most of the people using fort won't PK unless they have the numbers advantage, i'd say that's what we need. Or make it 1IP and let's have 1 fight a day again, once both sides manage to spam every discord they're in to be able to get the matching numbers just so they can go out for 1 trip, to have the losing side gathering more people for the next 2 hours again lol

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Basically last 2 days, hellhounds had fort 8 hours unchallenged and got to farm, now pissed off cause after 8 hours of no one stopping them they lost it after 8 hours....

It's not free stuff, it's wilderness it's meant to be fought over your not meant to keep it off peak for 12 hours at a time etc

I'm saying this and I'm friends with most of Hellhounds...

It's very insulting to the server when someone who has never even pked once and has played about 3 months, decides to make posts aimed at changing the wilderness.

"We know there are about 2 or 3 teams that have said they’re refusing to use fort until it’s 1IP.  "

What a complete lie, please name these 2-3 teams, I've played 90% of the days since the server has had a fort, the only teams to skill there are, Tractor, Swordz and Hellhounds, Tactor died long ago, and swordz is basically over, so who are these teams? that used to use it on 1ip but wont now?

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

E N K O said:

KizL said:

~K!zL

~K!zL

Most other MMOS suck and for this reason, because its too easy. They have pay to win and care more about graphics than gameplay... What the hell is the point in skilling if its 1 click easy crap? How is that an achievement? This is exactly why we still play 20 year old games like RSC because most of us here come from a time when you had to actually earn your way and it was fun. The real RSC was extremely hard and thats truly why we all loved it, some of us just cant seem to understand that... Rates were already highly altered because people have jobs and kids now but If this server listened completely to the things you rant about, it wouldve died years ago.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Izbrit Send PM

subscriber

Thank you mel, that was the point. It's what I've been hearing so I'm letting you guys know. Some suggestions too. Honestly, I think the rotation is probably the better option. Won't please everyone but at least it's both ways.
To others, If it stays 2ip, so be it. Hate my post, I don't care. At least Mel gave an actual response rather than just trashing what was said.

As I had put " At least having 4 uniques vs 2 uniques is actually a decent fight. If you take more than 5 minutes to regroup or bank/eat whatever after a char is killed so they have a chance to come back on 1 alt, that’s your own fault. At least it’s a real fight."

Anyway, enjoy. Ty again Mel

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Isbrit said:

As I had put " At least having 4 uniques vs 2 uniques is actually a decent fight. If you take more than 5 minutes to regroup or bank/eat whatever after a char is killed so they have a chance to come back on 1 alt, that’s your own fault. At least it’s a real fight."

What the fuck are you even talking about? ok lets do it then

Me, Ronald, Donald, Djz vs you and I Death, theres a real fight lets arrange that.

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Nyx said:

Isbrit said:

Me, Ronald, Donald, Djz vs you and I Death, theres a real fight lets arrange that.

He meant its only fair when he is on the side with 4 uniques obviously you silly goose.

If you wanna talk about what RSC was like that was a lifetime ago. There was no skilling in wild either. Jesus skillers are spoiled beyond belief. So entitled to getting more and more pixels without fighting back. And PKing in RSC, people had way slower internet. 98% of PKers were nowhere close to an average PKer in 2019... I mean U P K M E was considered the best PKer with PKing videos and you can see the videos on youtube, garbage by todays standards with a decent internet connection.

And about it being hard to use 2 clients to PK - well no shit, thats why its challenging. Humans, the highest char you ever log in is your level 46 tankmage. Stick to border Pking which takes absolutely no skill to master. If anything not having enough chars to multi could be a problem but even that could be solved in the future (hopefully). The state of wilderness is more active than its been for a while right now and its basically midsummer when PKing is always at its lowpoint.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Izbrit Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

Isbrit said:

You know I'm saying what the pkrs have said. Im a skiller. Death is a skiller. Never said otherwise. You wanna come kill me on uniques, go right ahead. I'll die. No problem with that. I'm just providing a voice for the pkrs. What a team member does. Helps. Instead of bashing them man.

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Isbrit said:

Nyx said:

Isbrit said:

You know I'm saying what the pkrs have said. Im a skiller. Death is a skiller. Never said otherwise. You wanna come kill me on uniques, go right ahead. I'll die. No problem with that. I'm just providing a voice for the pkrs. What a team member does. Helps. Instead of bashing them man.

Honestly I have no idea what you are saying. How are you voicing pkers opinions if you just love to label yourself a skiller. If you label yourself as a skiller but still want to reap the benefits adjust or GO SKILL OUTSIDE OF WILD. Stop playing the Im a skiller card. WTF.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Izbrit Send PM

subscriber

Hungry Game said:

Nyx said:

Isbrit said:

He meant its only fair when he is on the side with 4 uniques obviously you silly goose.

If you wanna talk about what RSC was like that was a lifetime ago. There was no skilling in wild either. Jesus skillers are spoiled beyond belief. So entitled to getting more and more pixels without fighting back. And PKing in RSC, people had way slower internet. 98% of PKers were nowhere close to an average PKer in 2019... I mean U P K M E was considered the best PKer with PKing videos and you can see the videos on youtube, garbage by todays standards with a decent internet connection.

And about it being hard to use 2 clients to PK - well no shit, thats why its challenging. Humans, the highest char you ever log in is your level 46 tankmage. Stick to border Pking which takes absolutely no skill to master. If anything not having enough chars to multi could be a problem but even that could be solved in the future (hopefully). The state of wilderness is more active than its been for a while right now and its basically midsummer when PKing is always at its lowpoint.

Nah that's not what I was saying. The others have said they'd rather be taken 2 on 4 uniques. Being the 2. It was suggestions. You guys need to stop being butt hurt about everything.

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Not butthurt just seen all the "skiller" suggestions before. No matter what the changes are they wont PK they just want to get the benefits out of wilderness. Theres always reasons why its too hard and everyone else is cheating. By you initial post its clear you dont give a fuck about PKing but people being able to use more chars makes it harder for you to gather more pixels in a safe risk-free way which you feel entitled to.

//4 uniques vs 2uniques no multing. If the 4 are any good the 2 never ever have a chance with 4 people casting 1. Fuck that logic.

Last edited by Hungry Game (28 Jun 2019 13:36)

Oprah:

Player avatar

Izbrit Send PM

subscriber

Hungry Game said:

Not butthurt just seen all the "skiller" suggestions before. No matter what the changes are they wont PK they just want to get the benefits out of wilderness. Theres always reasons why its too hard and everyone else is cheating. By you initial post its clear you dont give a fuck about PKing but people being able to use more chars makes it harder for you to gather more pixels in a safe risk-free way which you feel entitled to.

//4 uniques vs 2uniques no multing. If the 4 are any good the 2 never ever have a chance with 4 people casting 1. Fuck that logic.

I will die, I don't care if I'm in wild or not. I did most skilling outside of wild. Still will. I expect to die in wild. I only said im a skiller cause NYx knows I won't fight a decent fight. I'll die. I was saying this whole thing on behalf of my team. So whatever. They're the ones who made the suggestions, I just voiced them. Keep commenting. Give the mods actual thoughts and suggestions. Cause that's what it was. A suggestion. Opinion. Don't agree with it, fine. At least give reasonable thoughts rather than bashing what I said.

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Whos fault is it that you "wont give a decent fight"? Thats a mentality of someone who does not want to PK. Theres tons of skillers who are decent at PKing. Your team has been doing exactly that - avoiding PKing and getting the goods. Your 4vs2 uniques vs 2vs2 one side using multi comparision is awful. 2 people casting you vs 4 people casting you makes all the difference in the world. Not saying 2vs2 with one side multing is fair but 4vs2 uniques is ridiculous. You call it bashing I call it calling you out on your bullshit. You do not care that PKing is more active and people enjoy it more. Just like humans no matter what you can always find a reason like "im not giving back a good fight coz XYZ". The only unfair part of PKing right now is people not having chars to compete. Ive been over this hundreds of times and so have many others. Maybe one day theres a solution for that.

/and props to Mod Mel, atleast I can tell he/she is trying to comprehend the PKing scene.

Last edited by Hungry Game (28 Jun 2019 13:56)

Oprah:

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Nocashkilla said:

KizL said:

E N K O said:

~K!zL

Most other MMOS suck and for this reason, because its too easy. They have pay to win and care more about graphics than gameplay... What the hell is the point in skilling if its 1 click easy crap? How is that an achievement? This is exactly why we still play 20 year old games like RSC because most of us here come from a time when you had to actually earn your way and it was fun. The real RSC was extremely hard and thats truly why we all loved it, some of us just cant seem to understand that... Rates were already highly altered because people have jobs and kids now but If this server listened completely to the things you rant about, it wouldve died years ago.

Speak for your self I botted and the majority of people did. I hated anything involving skilling because of the stupid ass clicking.

Also that's rich considering they've listened to me the majority of my years here little boy. Get fkd and use veteran accounts then.

And they suck? Must be why WoW still has thousands online 24/7 but ok keep up your blinders.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (28 Jun 2019 20:31)

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Whys this post talking the forts dead, when it was absolutely popping last night?