My New Challenge Account: SlayingDrix

Player avatar

Drixiss Send PM

subscriber

Hey all,

so I've recently been inspired by all of the people on old school rscrevolution that are doing "content restricted" accounts.  They'll make up different constraints for themselves like only being allowed to utilize one area of the map, or only being able to train certain stats, or not being able to use certain items.  One pretty interesting one was an ironman that was only allowed to train slayer.  He wasn't allowed to fight monsters unless they were his slayer task, and was only allowed to upgrade his gear through drops from those monsters.

Since slayer finally got added to RSCR, I thought it'd be fun to try out an account like that on here! So I made a new ironman, and am going to follow the same restrictions.  Here's an rough outline of the rules:

1. I CANNOT fight any monster that I am not on a slayer task for.  This means no training combat stats on anything other than slayer tasks, and I must stop fighting whatever my slayer task was after the last one dies.
2. I CANNOT train gathering skills (fishing, woodcutting, mining, thieving), but I can train production skills if the items for them are dropped by slayer monsters.
3. I CAN complete any quests that I can get the skills for, and will allow myself to fight whatever quest bosses that might include.
4. I CANNOT equip anything that wasn't dropped by a slayer monster.  That means nothing from shops, nothing from quest rewards, and nothing I make myself.
5. I CAN kill monsters however I want, with ranged, magic or melee.  For Ranged, I would have to get a bow drop and arrow drops, but since runes aren't "equipped", I think that magic will be a convenient exception.  I won't be able to equip a staff unless one drops however.

These are just my current plans, and since RSC is ultimately very limiting already, these rules might need to be bent.  I'm just getting started though, so we'll see how it goes! I'll try to post occasional updates here.

Player avatar

Drixiss Send PM

subscriber

Well,  I'll just say things are already off to a rough start.  My first task is Wizards, which are pretty high level...I sold all of the starting gear, since using the armor and weapons is off limits and the gathering tools are of no use, and I'm going to use it to buy a few wind strikes from the rune shop.  I managed to kill one with the runes I bought, but now I'm trying to figure out how to kill another.  I think I'll just have to run and eat food a lot.  Cookedmeat spawns in Barbarian village, so that'll probably be one of my early food sources, until I can potentially start stockpiling food drops from higher level tasks, or buying more expensive food from places like Karamja.  Buying food is another thing that I'm not sure if I should allow...

Player avatar

Drixiss Send PM

subscriber

Okay, I'm making progress now.  I've killed 4/28 of the wizards and have 5 attack and 10 strength, so I can hit 2's and don't miss as often.  I was having to basically collect an entire inventory of cookedmeat to kill one wizard, but now I think I can manage 2 kills per inventory, and that should go up quickly as I level.  Wish I had started on a chicken task...

Last edited by Drixiss (6 Feb 2019 08:21)

Player avatar

Rockslide Send PM

Cool idea! I think you will have to buy food. You lose health way faster than food is dropped by slayer monsters. I don't think you have a choice there.

However I don't think you should be buying runes. Plenty of those drop.

Player avatar

Drixiss Send PM

subscriber

Hey guys, glad I got some interest! I think you're right about the runes, it shouldn't be necessary.  I've only bought about 30 wind strikes and I didn't even need it to kill my first wizard, since I killed the second one with melee alone, so I might just stop now going forward.  As for food we'll see. It also depends on how quickly I can get to 37 prayer for paralyze monster.

Player avatar

Lemuria Send PM

subscriber

Are you restricting yourself from all store bought items? as with your current ruleset you could just buy out bronze bars from the store to level smithing slowly, anyway goodluck, sounds like a fun snowflake

UIM <3

Player avatar

Drixiss Send PM

subscriber

Lemuria said:

Are you restricting yourself from all store bought items? as with your current ruleset you could just buy out bronze bars from the store to level smithing slowly, anyway goodluck, sounds like a fun snowflake

Yeah, I'm currently only planning on leveling production skills if I get all the supplies from slayer kills, so I'd only be able to get any smithing levels if I somehow got copper and tin ore drops.  Even if I leveled it, it would just be for total level because I'm not allowed to equip anything that wasn't a drop.

E N K O said:

Cool. I agree about the runes. I don't know enough about the food situation to see whether it is feasible or not. Possibly, as slayer levels slowly, so you may be overpowered for some tasks.

Yeah, that's one thing I'm worried about, it might just become too easy as my combat levels outpace my slayer tasks.  My gear will be pretty bad for a long time though.  Maybe I should have done Veteran mode too hahah

Player avatar

Drixiss Send PM

subscriber

First Update: I finished my wizard task. It got me 7 slayer, 21 attack, 20 strength and 15 defence. I also now have some wizard robes and a sweet wizard hat.

My next task was imps, a much easier one. I first tried killing the imps on karamja, but the scorpions were aggressive and I ended up dying by accident. I then decided to just kill the one in lumbridge. I got a pretty good haul from imps:

1. I got all 4 beads, so I will be trading them in for imp catcher. I'm not allowed to use the amulet of accuracy though, because it's not from a slayer monster.
2. I got a chef's hat. It looks sweet bro
3. I got a couple grains and water jugs, which I'll use to make bread for some cooking experience.
4. I got a hammer. If I want to up the ante and make all shops off limits, this is kinda relevant.

I also got my combats to 26 attack 25 defence 20 strength, as well as 10 slayer.

My next task is 42 bears, which will be a little tougher, but I'll get to cook the bear meat!

Last edited by Drixiss (6 Feb 2019 20:03)

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

Sounds great!

I Wish you best of luck on this account, and hope to read more updates in the future! smile
(I've wanted to make an account like this as well, in fact I had already created it with the release of slayer big_smile).

Player avatar

blahhblahh Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

i enjoy to follow this. GL

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdaluo610e4.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdluaoacab1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Drixiss Send PM

subscriber

Update #2! I finished the bears with little trouble, having to restock on food about every 4 at first.  Cooking the bear meat sped up restocking on food, and as I leveled, I was able to kill 8-10 with an inventory of cookedmeat.  I ended the bear task with 17 Slayer, and also reached 18 cooking with the bear meat.

After the bear task, I decided to update my rules.  Here are the main two differences:

1. I CANNOT pick up any inedible respawning items.  This is to disallow money making methods like picking up steel platebodies and staves of earth in the wilderness.  I can pick up things like cabbage, cookedmeat, or even the stews on the floor in underground pass if I make it that far, but nothing I can't immediately eat.  This also restricts things like grain, that can technically be made into food, or anything raw that might respawn.
2. I CANNOT buy items from shops.  I don't think it's necessary to buy runes or food, so it seems like more fun to just cut out shop items entirely.  I can still sell stuff though.

These rules, just as the rest, are subject to some exceptions and potential updates as new challenges arise.  One exception immediately became obvious once I got my next task...Desert wolves.

It's pretty clearly impossible to reach desert wolves without buying a shantay pass, so I'm allowing myself to buy those.  Luckily, I still have a little cash from selling my starting gear, but I think I'd have to make some sort of exception if I get a desert task and have no cash to buy passes.

For each trip, I stocked up to 29 cookedmeat, then bought a shantay pass and went to kill the one desert wolf just south of the shantay entrance.  I was at first able to kill 3-4 per trip at the beginning of the task, but that moved up to ~5 per trip near the end.  The task left me with 19 Slayer, but it also got me to 40 combat, which unlocks the varrock task master!

One disappointing thing about the tasks I've gotten is that none of them have provided me with any gear that gives weaponAim, weaponPower, or Armor.  I've been literally punching bears and wolves to death in a chef's hat and wizard robes.  Hungry for a gear upgrade, I decided to risk taking a task from the Varrock slayer master, and I got Monks of Zamorak.

I was excited at first, because the RSC wiki says that the level 29 monks of zamorak drop a steel mace! This would be my first legitimate weapon.  Unfortunately...on this server, only the level 47 Monks of Zamorak drop the steel mace, and those are in taverly dungeon, behind the dusty key door, dragons, and black demons.  I DEFINITELY can't make it to them, so I decided to just punch the ones at the chaos temple to death instead.

This task was pretty easy, since the monks are now aggressive if you're on a slayer task for them.  The task got me to 21 slayer, and the bones got me to 18 prayer.  I wasn't expecting any drops, but I actually ended up getting a Zamorak Robe top. The 3 prayer bonus will come in handy down the road.

With 20 Slayer, I decide to get a task from the Falador master, since it'll probably be safer than the Varrock master.  Once again, I get a task with no gear drops...Unicorns.  That's where I'll end this update though.  Thanks for reading, so happy to see the attention this idea is getting! Here's a picture of my account currently:

oKfS9xR.jpg

Last edited by Drixiss (7 Feb 2019 20:15)

Player avatar

Drixiss Send PM

subscriber

Hey guys,

I'm making a separate thread in the media and achievement forum to post updates for this account: https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=98795