shrinking player base.

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

All of these posts on how to save the wild........  Sure we can fix the wild.....with  people.
We need new players not ways to entice the same old players out to pk.

-What advertising do the dev's have out there on the net?
-Is there a way the dev's can run some sort of contest were players maybe start creating vids or ads for the game that will be officially endorsed for say facecrack?
-I hate to say it but is there a way to get rcs on other platforms like kong. addicting games etc? maybe a short demo game to draw them here?
-i look at the auction house and i see less and less actual items for sale.  Perhaps we need some sort of daily adventure that will result in more stuff being produced.

-one thing ive always wondered is thieving.. why not have bank robberies?  the npc bank not player's of course. make like the criminal underworld were you start small, Lots of options for goals like you can just be a gangbanger and visible and proud of it, or be that cat burgler that never been seen or caught, bank robberies, jewelry stalls, murder, arson, shakedowns etc.  we already have things to thieve so why not have some quest to open up crime were an added element of police and reputation will apply to thieving, eg. pick pocketing... every once and a while when they catch you the police take notice and too many catches and something happens. 

there could be chat announcements on notable criminal events, if that is a failed or successful one, or if an un/known criminal has become more wanted etc

You could even start player wanted posters with rewards dead or alive....  more pking although i'd have to say it would have to be game wide or else players would just not go into the wild and become a criminal warlord of some sort. I think quite a few players would love a crime spree.  I've been committing genocide on those chaos druids for almost my whole rs life. it would be fun to have those npc's fight back somehow with say a player bounty or an npc vigilantly squad.

anyways just rambling on. we really need to attract new players not entice the players already here.

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

E N K O Send PM

... Ehh... To almost this entire post. But the vocal percentage of the membership does seem to be shrinking.

Please don't read the rules.

Helpful Links And Commands

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

yup. no new players to replace those that leave means a dead game no matter what changes are made.

Player avatar

humans Send PM

wildy is dead with all the multi alts. nobody is going to pk vs the same person using 6 accounts to jump them. it's a sinking ship.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

humans said:

wildy is dead with all the multi alts. nobody is going to pk vs the same person using 6 accounts to jump them. it's a sinking ship.

problem is that everyone who plays wants to multi, or fight multi, otherwise they would pk in the 1ip zone.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

I like this post, ALOT. With advertising...being well, everywhere these days.. with a little effort we can reach out to more people. Even tho it may seem to be shrinking every year or so old players quit and new players start. Let's get something going

Last edited by skillystr (23 Dec 2018 21:53)

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

humans said:

Being Ganked n multi r 2 different things. More times than not if it's not than 2 on you, it's multiple people.

Player avatar

blahhblahh Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

sirpyrrhic said:

-i look at the auction house and i see less and less actual items for sale.  Perhaps we need some sort of daily adventure that will result in more stuff being produced.

not only less and less items... if there is something its totally troll price rofl.

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdaluo610e4.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdluaoacab1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

E N K O Send PM

sirpyrrhic said:

I agree with this. It might actually be time for dailies. With specific rewards. It would definitely change the economy though.

Player avatar

E N K O Send PM

humans said:

While pkers are a vocal minority, I believe the problem doesn't lie here. The majority are here to quest and skill for nostalgia. Maybe they just haven't been as active on the forums lately, but their absence is noticed.

Player avatar

Pepe Thefrog Send PM

E N K O said:

humans said:

While pkers are a vocal minority, I believe the problem doesn't lie here. The majority are here to quest and skill for nostalgia. Maybe they just haven't been as active on the forums lately, but their absence is noticed.

You're right. For some reason tons of known people in the community just have stopped logging in completely in the last 1-2 months. Sad to look at friend list now. Maybe it's because of the christmas holiday season or maybe they just quit playing for good.

Player avatar

N E 1 P K Send PM

Pepe Thefrog said:

E N K O said:

humans said:

You're right. For some reason tons of known people in the community just have stopped logging in completely in the last 1-2 months. Sad to look at friend list now. Maybe it's because of the christmas holiday season or maybe they just quit playing for good.

This isn't an all of a sudden new irregularity though, it happens every year, the game lacks activity and players in the winter months and every year that goes past more and more people who just took a break over the holidays simply don't come back and there's not really anything in place that I'm aware of that actually fully promotes growth and to bring in new players? Trying to bring in new players I think we're clutching at straws, the game is so ancient and OSRS is on Mobile now so there is even more competition. Community only gets smaller year by year

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

If ur friends list is dead, be friendy make new friends haha

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Slayer would bring people back

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

The app needs to be far more advanced.

There needs to be notifications it sends your phone to log back in and keep playing.

Incentives to actually log back in.

1. free dbl xp for 30 mins because you haven't logged back in in like 24hrs.

2. The Ability to vote on top 10 p server lists that give dbl xp bonuses or full sub for 30min. There use to be a ::vote option on a few servers back in the day you could do this 2 times in 1 day.

3. Make a new fb account for the server and a FB group.

4. ADVERTISE on alternative apk stores and put this on them.

5. Advertise on reddit/fb/twitter and instagram.

6. loot boxes maybe? Have a system you can buy gems in game for subs. These boxes could have 2 types skiller loot boxes and pker loot boxes.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (24 Dec 2018 14:19)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Fah King Vet Send PM

1. Fix android login bug

2. Remove extra login screens from wildy.

3. Update tournament system

3.A. Remove voting entirely
3.B. Make tourneys and survivals same prices 250k 500k 1mil
3.C. Remove old builds add new builds (rah has had a list we (me, him, and quite a few others put together, was approved by kleio and billy aswell) for some months now....
(Offtopic: Make new survivals.. kbd gets old.)

4. Code my formula into test server (assholes)

5. With wildy being perm f2p makes it easy to install my change..

5.A. Day 1 2chars from same ip cannot atk same char
5.B. Day 2 2chars from same ip can atk same char.
(No delay between char switching) 
(That gives everybody the fairest and most "able to use their potential" set up. Without making it so u have chars get locked stuck or cant move into areas. Check it just as you used to for is it f2p or p2p day)
5.C. Make so only meleer+4 can hit the target (no more than that on any days period)

6. Implement system where: 
6.A. A combat level range is picked by random.
6.B. Char with most kills in that combat range from border to castle is awarded (award TBD)
This will help centralize the pk and get more people actively playing the same levels and will hopefully make people not multi so much as they'll want to get kills on 1 specific char 
6.C. It rotates between many groupings of combat levels (TBD)

7. Improve the Team DM system. Right now u need to be same team/party to do it and its shit unused content. Why not take a few hours to make that usable?

8. Fix NPC blocking. Make it so you can walk past anything "your size" skeleton, zombie, hobgob, dwarves, scorps, they shouldnt block us dude.

9. Make an app for playstore for a "RSCREVOLUTION TOOLKIT" an app for accessing forums, calculators, highscore, etc.

10. Fix android updater to work flawlessly on all devices.

11. Send out monthly newsletters on your email list

12. Work on your SEO. Rscr is falling.

13. Advertise Advertise Advertise.

Shoulda all been done before summer.... idk why I continue to waste my energy with this. At this point I almost wish youd just shut it down and let it die so I wouldnt be bothered anymore. If you had just fixed the damn bugs EDIT MY RAGE HERE.. and fucking advertised from June to August this wouldnt even be a thought.

Youd be making more per month than you have ever likely. But right now I'm sure your sitting in one of the lowest holes the server has had as for income. No chance we will see those ads with this income.

Last edited by Fah King Vet (24 Dec 2018 18:47)

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

TBD, SOE?

Player avatar

Fah King Vet Send PM

To Be Determined - those things can be decided at any time really.

Search Engine Optimization - how close will you be to the top of the list if someone types

If someone searches
RSC
RSClassic
Rsclassic p server
rscrevolution
rscrevolution classic
Old school rscrevolution
rscrevolution guide
Etc.etc.
How close will u be to the top

Last edited by Fah King Vet (24 Dec 2018 18:45)

Player avatar

cunnilingus11 Send PM

Yeah, I've quit recently or have 0 motivation to play..

Main reason is wildy is dead and if there is a fight 1v1.. be sure that after you win the other person will log in on 2-3 chars mostly 40 99 str..

Sad, fuck playing.

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

Admittedly, I am not a PKer. With that out of the way, I still house the very same excitement logging in each and every day as I did a year ago when I first started playing here.

I wish for this server’s grow and for it to flourish for years to come.

I can understand that some players come and go. From where I sit, i certainly hope more of the former continues to be true far in to the future.

No.1 Ranger