We need a PK mode

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Pepe Thefrog said:

Jauroo said:

KizL said:

As long as the pk gear isn't rune I don't see why not.  I like all these ideas as long as it's not harming the skilling community.

Make armor go to 0 out of wild and the pk food doesn't work outside wild.

Also if this was to be added I'd think training in wild with this armor on doesn't give exp either from killing npcs basically you're 100% fatigue when wearing it.

~K!zL

Accounts to PK with would be way more important than the gear. You do nothing with gear if you don't have accounts. It's way harder to train a list of accounts to PK with than get some gear. Should be a combination of both somehow, no1 wants to train hundreds of hours these days just to pk, 10 guys might do it but 100 refuses to even download the client, RSC is a dying game and will continue to do so, should try and make both parties happy, pkers and skillers, lately i've seen half of the pkers this server have quit and this bs with admins aint helping the situation at all.

Just let people train pkers with 60x rate or something and dont let those accounts be involved in skilling in any way. Wont fuck up the gameplay for skillers and will increase pking and not hurt it in any way.

True. People underestimate how painful it is to level up pk accounts, especially flats. This is an ancient java game, 99,9% of people who join will never train up a single flat let alone multiple. Most wont even have the patience to get a single 90 stat on a pk account despite exp rates being at 8x by default.

Even if it's a separate server for these people (or some kind of separate wildy), let them pay for x50 experience rates in wilderness or let them set their stats to whatever they want for $20 or whatever price the admin deems reasonable.

Yeah, and even though the ratese being 8x by default sounds awesome and even too high for some people, but these people aren't the ones Pking mostly, and don't need to train a dozen of accounts to pk with.  With 8x rates it takes like 220+ hours nonstop afking to get flats, with both subs and skull in wildy its still like 100+ easily, and you need to train multiple accounts of the same level cap (flats, 90s, 80s, 70s) and some people only have a hour a day and they'd just like to pk when they play RSC, i understand that the staff can't just raise the exp rates to 60x or something for everyone since well that wouldn't really work out in the end and it took a looong time for them to even get the rates to what they are now, but something needs to be done, and it could be something like the stats of these ''PK'' mode accounts would only have any effect IN wilderness, and skills disabled so it wouldn't hurt/be in contact with any of the other gameplay than Pking, just an idea.

Player avatar

laid2rest Send PM

subscriber

Might be old but make a points system to level stats (cricket mb only), for this pk event. That way u have to earn your levels while completeing events.

In-Game Names: Laid2Rest, Laid__2_Rest, Turbo_Chargd, Diabetes Dan(not mine, share)... Deadman: IamTheReaper, TheRedReaper
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img923/8053/6vW6gC.png[/img]
^RSCR Original
Good to be back

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

BUMP

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

How about a new wild you can enter that when you decide to go there you choose what stats you're going to use.  Give it a certain amount of skill levels you can max out.

Let's say you can get 337 points before entering so you could get 99 1 99 40p and 99ranged with that.  But also you could use it on other builds.

Basically allow people to set stats but don't do maxed stats. I feel like that ruins the whole idea.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Seriously so many people know change is needed, they even read the threads but dont bother to reply when its needed. hmm

if nothing is done you might as well remove the wild very soon

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Hungry Game said:

Seriously so many people know change is needed, they even read the threads but dont bother to reply when its needed. hmm

if nothing is done you might as well remove the wild very soon

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

How about a reply from staff? yes/no/maybe

F2P pk mode nonwild with superhigh xp and easy to get gear with a few multi areas

Oprah:

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

E N K O said:

Hungry Game said:

F2P pk mode nonwild with superhigh xp and easy to get gear with a few multi areas

You realize that you essentially want a modified, nonseasonal deadman mode, right?

This should be done but the accounts should only work IN wildy,and have no skill stats. Make varrock wildy 1IP or have the p2p days be f2p days instead and have p2p above the gate, this way everyone can choose do they pk in multi or not, and they don't have to deal with guys having 50 accounts whilst they only have 2 themselves, now they could join in the action and pk and pk and keep pking. Same shit everyone was so against the XP rate raise here before but thats what revived the server a little and then everyone was against legacy xfers, and once they were done it really made the server 10 times more active. Atleast the wilderness was. Now everyone has quit pretty much and i'll say this for the 10000th time RSC is a dying game people gotta stop thinking that somehow you're going to get hundreds of new players somewhere, the 98% of the people who COULD start to play this server already know that it exists, but choose not to play due their own reasons, most of the people are in their late 20s, early 30s and don't have time for this shit. Just let people have fun whilst they're still able to. Fun in this game can be skilling or questing for someone, where it can be only Pking for someone, and right now everything is perfectly in place for skilling, but far from that when it comes to Pking. Removing multi would get rid of the last actual pkers, you would have 10 more pkers left in the whole server, but then again, no new player is gonna stick around when someone uses 5 flats against his 1 that he trained a fucking month for and grinded gear for weeks. For these reasons my solutions are the best and anyone who disagrees is wrong and can't think about the situation from anyone elses side than their others wink People will just soon find an another place to PK at where it's possible, that's happened 10 times in the past.. peace

and for anyone who says or thinks that i want this kind of pk mode added because i want things ''easy'' or accounts for free or anything like that, i have 100+ accounts to use so i don't have a problem with it, just thinking about it from the perspective of everyone else.

Last edited by Jauroo (14 Dec 2018 04:45)

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

E N K O said:

Hungry Game said:

You realize that you essentially want a modified, nonseasonal deadman mode, right?

Doesnt have to be like that exactly. About DM mode last season had a lot of potential but was a fail overall. It just ddint make sense just to level up with 0 pking going on and no drops. Thats why everyone stopped after first 5 days. Whoever gets gear early on will run the DMM. And no I do not want DM mode where you die and have no gear and absolutely nothing to do but box chicken. DM mode without pking (no drops and losing stats) is more like ironman mode not PKing mode. Im saying this server needs no grind to get gear pking, nothing else will work. Got not time to make sure what are the teams, who is online, most of the time no action or outnumbered on one side. We want action to jump into. Id much prefer to pay 100dollars or something instead of spending countless of hours behind computer with no pking going on/too much grinding for gear and very little pking

Oprah:

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Jauroo said:

E N K O said:

Hungry Game said:

This should be done but the accounts should only work IN wildy,and have no skill stats. Make varrock wildy 1IP or have the p2p days be f2p days instead and have p2p above the gate, this way everyone can choose do they pk in multi or not, and they don't have to deal with guys having 50 accounts whilst they only have 2 themselves, now they could join in the action and pk and pk and keep pking. Same shit everyone was so against the XP rate raise here before but thats what revived the server a little and then everyone was against legacy xfers, and once they were done it really made the server 10 times more active. Atleast the wilderness was. Now everyone has quit pretty much and i'll say this for the 10000th time RSC is a dying game people gotta stop thinking that somehow you're going to get hundreds of new players somewhere, the 98% of the people who COULD start to play this server already know that it exists, but choose not to play due their own reasons, most of the people are in their late 20s, early 30s and don't have time for this shit. Just let people have fun whilst they're still able to. Fun in this game can be skilling or questing for someone, where it can be only Pking for someone, and right now everything is perfectly in place for skilling, but far from that when it comes to Pking. Removing multi would get rid of the last actual pkers, you would have 10 more pkers left in the whole server, but then again, no new player is gonna stick around when someone uses 5 flats against his 1 that he trained a fucking month for and grinded gear for weeks. For these reasons my solutions are the best and anyone who disagrees is wrong and can't think about the situation from anyone elses side than their others wink People will just soon find an another place to PK at where it's possible, that's happened 10 times in the past.. peace

and for anyone who says or thinks that i want this kind of pk mode added because i want things ''easy'' or accounts for free or anything like that, i have 100+ accounts to use so i don't have a problem with it, just thinking about it from the perspective of everyone else.

good post once again

Oprah:

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

There's far too much of a lack of progress for pk on the basis pkers need to fund skiller party hats, just have a shop where you can trade 500k shark etc for party hat or other useless, pansy shit.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

still no reply from staff

you want a solution well heres one, the only thing that will work

Oprah:

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Hungry Game said:

still no reply from staff

you want a solution well heres one, the only thing that will work

You wont get it. You'll get new items though to look cool whilst you're sitting in edge and new quests. woop!

Last edited by Jauroo (17 Dec 2018 00:36)

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Theres still hope.

Theres so many chars to go around in this server. No one should grind new chars but instead share every char with a lot of people (especially the new players who really want to PK). And grinding for gear is pointless, I think we are past this point. Its 2019 soon, the game is old, we want to PK and we do not care about the items. Making a PK-mode with no need to grind your ass off and being able to PK pretty much nonstop at all times would be the best thing ever happened to the server.

Staff, I know you see this thread. Im not trying to be rude/arrogant, I really do think thats the best and only working solution to save PKing for good.

Oprah:

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

The problem is, I have spoken with Kleio and n0m, and we have started with requested changes... but everyone seems to think that since they are started... they should ALL be done instantaneously.  It is a bit more complicated than that.

Also... there is absolutely no way that we can appease everyone's wishes.

There is a LONG line or requests, of which, we start at the top and work down.

60X XP rates are a big stretch.  And hugely unfair to those who have been here for years.  A player joins and is maxed in 3 days..

Splitting the community even more by having a separate server is not really wise either.

I am open to discuss the possibility of something alone the lines of DDM for PKers, with a separate economy.  But, it has to be logical and worthwhile to bring to Kleio and n0m for possible implementation.

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Pepsi said:

The problem is, I have spoken with Kleio and n0m, and we have started with requested changes... but everyone seems to think that since they are started... they should ALL be done instantaneously.  It is a bit more complicated than that.

Also... there is absolutely no way that we can appease everyone's wishes.

There is a LONG line or requests, of which, we start at the top and work down.

60X XP rates are a big stretch.  And hugely unfair to those who have been here for years.  A player joins and is maxed in 3 days..

Splitting the community even more by having a separate server is not really wise either.

I am open to discuss the possibility of something alone the lines of DDM for PKers, with a separate economy.  But, it has to be logical and worthwhile to bring to Kleio and n0m for possible implementation.

First of all, thanks for taking the time and replying.

There is no way to know if any changes will ever happen without a reply. Now we have a reply. Not sure what are the other requested changes that are being working on and if PK-mode idea is/will be one of them. Taking the time to implement this mode is understandable.

About XP rates. If it feels unfair, you could make the PK-mode chars only have stats in F2P/wilderness area so they cannot be used to farm for GP.  Since the chars are used for PKing only the XP should be fast. I do not think its unfair. Older player have enough chars anyways. I have access to enough chars and could ask for more if I actually played but Ive chosen not to play at this point in time.

Seperate economy... alright why not. But still the emphasis should be on really fast XP and super fast gear.

Oprah: