We need a PK mode

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Making a new thread so people would see it

Im an inactive players who reads forums out of boredom every few days. Would love to play but I only like PKing and it takes up too much of my time. The grinding for PK gear takes way too long just to PK. You use up alot of gear if all you do is PK. Win some, lose some. Im sure theres alot of other inactive or active players who feel the same way. People who wanna PK.

Jauro mentioned in another thread 60x xp and super easy rune item drops for pking mode would be really good. Could be F2P only. Could have noncombat stats disabled. This would take away the constant grind for flats PKing.  Please leave a reply if you have any thoughts at all.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Doesn't have to be exactly like that but some kind of Pking mode would be great.

Player avatar

nyx8 Send PM

The biggest problem with PK is this game involves 12 hours standing around  for 1 5 minute round of combat, we need some kind of pk mini game or someshit that's fair and involved catching. Where you click 1 button join and get to play no standing around.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

nyx8 said:

The biggest problem with PK is this game involves 12 hours standing around  for 1 5 minute round of combat, we need some kind of pk mini game or someshit that's fair and involved catching. Where you click 1 button join and get to play no standing around.

2 castles with a dragon in the middle of them. 2 teams trying to kill the other teams dragon.  This mini game lets you use a pk gear for free or you can use rune/drag items if you want the edge. 

Winning team gets pk points towards pk gear.

Max 65 combat for this event with a stat changer that can only be used before the game starts.

Must be at least a 3v3 to start can go up to a 50v50 war if enough join.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (19 Nov 2018 08:44)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

So I guess not enough people are interested. Oh well, was worth a try.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

KizL said:

nyx8 said:

2 castles with a dragon in the middle of them. 2 teams trying to kill the other teams dragon.  This mini game lets you use a pk gear for free or you can use rune/drag items if you want the edge. 

Winning team gets pk points towards pk gear.

Max 65 combat for this event with a stat changer that can only be used before the game starts.

Must be at least a 3v3 to start can go up to a 50v50 war if enough join.

~K!zL

okay that kinda sounds badass

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

It does sound cool. Combat 65 cap and flats seperate too. Flats pking is where its at.

Oprah:

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

Hungry Game said:

It does sound cool. Combat 65 cap and flats seperate too. Flats pking is where its at.

could be similar to tournaments with different builds being selected

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Need more opinions/replies. This shit would be lit + a solution to an average joe with not enough time to commit to this game

Oprah:

Player avatar

Y0 Sushi Send PM

Mod Rah said:

okay that kinda sounds badass

+1

Another thought, could also just have the cursed warrior come back at all times? Only accessible to characters in 'PK Mode'? Or a cursed vendor? And limit how many items they can withdraw within a specific time period? x amount of sets/casts/food per day or whatever.

Unsure how the above would effect marketplace sales in regards to fishers/farmers not selling to pkers. Who are the majority of buyers for the skillers food/runes/armour.

Last edited by Y0 Sushi (20 Nov 2018 16:46)

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Another would be a battle royale map.

You start with nothing on maxed combat stats and the map has rune armor, food, runes, arrows and weapons on the ground.

Last person standing wins and gets pk points.

PK mini games would be a way for pkers to grind for items to pk.

As I've stated before the pk items would be slightly less strong then rune.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (20 Nov 2018 18:34)

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

KizL said:

Another would be a battle royale map.

You start with nothing on maxed combat stats and the map has rune armor, food, runes, arrows and weapons on the ground.

Last person standing wins and gets pk points.

PK mini games would be a way for pkers to grind for items to pk.

As I've stated before the pk items would be slightly less strong then rune.

~K!zL

this is pretty much like the hunger games we got already, something needs to be done besides the minigames, getting the accounts to PK with is a pain in the ass, especially if you want to pk on low levels, high levels, flats, you will have to get like 5 each, if you have a hour per day to play every night you just choose not to play

Last edited by Jauroo (20 Nov 2018 18:51)

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Id like the armor to be just as good and look like rune. Cursed armor looks like cheap mithril made by a blacksmith who didnt have a great teacher. The huge XP PK mode could be f2p only like last deadman mode without losing xp. The xp could be real
fast so you can max in 2 days and dont block training spots all day.  Different ecosystem, free trading only amongst PK-mode players coz items dont have value.

Oprah:

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

just let players set their stats or something or have very high exp rate and you can only use those accounts in wildy otherwise those stats wont have any effect, and skills would be blocked on those. Pking is dying again and it's not because of multi, let's be real it's been 90% same people keeping the pking scene alive for 10 years, CP, SK, HS, EMP all have quit and thats good 80 pkers, 2 of those teams wont play because they're not going to train all over because they simply don't have time to train for months to be able to PK, the other 2 has found new games to play pretty much because the stufff here has gotten too boring.

We need new content in wildy too, i've been back here since may or so and ever since i've suggested a whole re-do of fort because right now theres nothing to PK for at fort, it's pointless. Besides for skillers.. There's so much stuff that could increase pking but nothing we say or suggest seems to be taken into consideration, player count seems to be dropping aswell

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Yea could double the online count if some of these ideas will be implented.

Oprah:

Player avatar

Pepe Thefrog Send PM

At least consider selling supply packs. To stop it from interfering with the economy, you could make buyable wildy foods like the ones the Cursed Warrior gives out, like Sandwiches and other unique foods (so they don't compete with swordfish and shark) which cannot be sold to stores, only bought with real money from rscrevolution.com. You could also sell PK gear in the web store, something like 10 sets for 10$. Then PKing would be like a slot machine or arcade for people who want to insert more coins to keep playing, instead of grinding coal rocks, fish and trees for 12 hours to pk for 1 hour.

I understand not everyone wants to pay to play, but this would let people who have some disposable income PK for fun whenever they want to without grinding, and skillers would still have a vast market to sell their swordfish, sharks, manta rays and potions to since most people would not be buying those real money packs. Auction house wouldn't get filled with Turkey sandwiches etc. either since they would be non-tradeable, only usable while in the wilderness.

I have skilled and pk'ed but I understand there are lots of people who don't want to skill anymore. They've done that for over a decade and are sick of it. It's a chore to work in a video game as if it was your second job for many people. Let them buy those sandwiches and PK armor sets for real $ at reasonable prices.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Pepe Thefrog said:

At least consider selling supply packs. To stop it from interfering with the economy, you could make buyable wildy foods like the ones the Cursed Warrior gives out, like Sandwiches and other unique foods (so they don't compete with swordfish and shark) which cannot be sold to stores, only bought with real money from rscrevolution.com. You could also sell PK gear in the web store, something like 10 sets for 10$. Then PKing would be like a slot machine or arcade for people who want to insert more coins to keep playing, instead of grinding coal rocks, fish and trees for 12 hours to pk for 1 hour.

I understand not everyone wants to pay to play, but this would let people who have some disposable income PK for fun whenever they want to without grinding, and skillers would still have a vast market to sell their swordfish, sharks, manta rays and potions to since most people would not be buying those real money packs. Auction house wouldn't get filled with Turkey sandwiches etc. either since they would be non-tradeable, only usable while in the wilderness.

I have skilled and pk'ed but I understand there are lots of people who don't want to skill anymore. They've done that for over a decade and are sick of it. It's a chore to work in a video game as if it was your second job for many people. Let them buy those sandwiches and PK armor sets for real $ at reasonable prices.

As long as the pk gear isn't rune I don't see why not.  I like all these ideas as long as it's not harming the skilling community.

Make armor go to 0 out of wild and the pk food doesn't work outside wild.

Also if this was to be added I'd think training in wild with this armor on doesn't give exp either from killing npcs basically you're 100% fatigue when wearing it.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (28 Nov 2018 07:18)

Player avatar

Pepe Thefrog Send PM

KizL said:

Pepe Thefrog said:

As long as the pk gear isn't rune I don't see why not.  I like all these ideas as long as it's not harming the skilling community.

Also if this was to be added I'd think training in wild with this armor on doesn't give exp either from killing npcs basically you're 100% fatigue when wearing it.

~K!zL

Real money buyable armor sets could be like the ones the Cursed Warrior gives out, different in color and unsellable to stores and untradeable. Maybe to boost the desirability of real runite armor, the full set could give 1-2 less armor than real runite (insignificant but small bonus for people who wish to skill and get the real thing).

Buyable food and potion sets would only work in the wilderness and be untradeable like the Cursed Warrior potions/food. If you wanted to incentivize skilling, maybe the f2p sandwiches could heal 13 instead of 14, and p2p sandwiches 19 instead of 20 (and potions giving 1 less max stat). Small difference, but many people will still trade gold to skillers in order to gain that small advantage.

This would both make skiller-produced supplies slightly better, and also allow those who are not interested in skilling, PK whenever they want with zero skilling needed, by allowing them to buy alternative supplies whenever they want them for real money to skip grinding.

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

KizL said:

Pepe Thefrog said:

~K!zL

Accounts to PK with would be way more important than the gear. You do nothing with gear if you don't have accounts. It's way harder to train a list of accounts to PK with than get some gear. Should be a combination of both somehow, no1 wants to train hundreds of hours these days just to pk, 10 guys might do it but 100 refuses to even download the client, RSC is a dying game and will continue to do so, should try and make both parties happy, pkers and skillers, lately i've seen half of the pkers this server have quit and this bs with admins aint helping the situation at all.

Just let people train pkers with 60x rate or something and dont let those accounts be involved in skilling in any way. Wont fuck up the gameplay for skillers and will increase pking and not hurt it in any way.

Player avatar

Pepe Thefrog Send PM

Jauroo said:

KizL said:

Pepe Thefrog said:

~K!zL

Accounts to PK with would be way more important than the gear. You do nothing with gear if you don't have accounts. It's way harder to train a list of accounts to PK with than get some gear. Should be a combination of both somehow, no1 wants to train hundreds of hours these days just to pk, 10 guys might do it but 100 refuses to even download the client, RSC is a dying game and will continue to do so, should try and make both parties happy, pkers and skillers, lately i've seen half of the pkers this server have quit and this bs with admins aint helping the situation at all.

Just let people train pkers with 60x rate or something and dont let those accounts be involved in skilling in any way. Wont fuck up the gameplay for skillers and will increase pking and not hurt it in any way.

True. People underestimate how painful it is to level up pk accounts, especially flats. This is an ancient java game, 99,9% of people who join will never train up a single flat let alone multiple. Most wont even have the patience to get a single 90 stat on a pk account despite exp rates being at 8x by default.

Even if it's a separate server for these people (or some kind of separate wildy), let them pay for x50 experience rates in wilderness or let them set their stats to whatever they want for $20 or whatever price the admin deems reasonable.