End of RSCRTools / Leaving Post

Player avatar

Honour Send PM

subscriber

Hey guys. After working on the app RSCRTools for over 2 years, I have decided to bring it to an end.

Google are making it increasingly difficult for me to keep the app on the playstore due to their policies changing and their automated responses being unhelpful, and I quite frankly don't have the time to spend working on it anymore. After spending hundreds of hours developing this app, I have decided to pull the plug. It just isn't worth the trouble or time anymore unfortunately.

I don't have the time to play RSC either, which means I cannot fix any bugs or errors in the calculator or add new items etc. Which means I rely on the players to help me fix and improve the app, but I have not received any help from players for over a year - and yet I repeatedly receive complaints about certain things in the app being out-dated or incorrect (or that it contains ads). Since I make between $0-3 per month on average from the app and it is a huge time sink to maintain, I've decided to discontinue development, officially quit the game and focus my spare time on other things. I never did it for money obviously, but it is hard unrewarding work and I am a busy dude these days.

I will release the source code for both the desktop and Android apps and maybe someone else here will take up the project (get it here). If anyone bought the paid version of the Android app and wants a refund, PM me with a screenshot of your playstore receipt and your paypal email or crypto address and I'll sort it out.

Thanks for the support over the years from those of you who did use and like the app and the desktop program. Thanks to the RSCR team for promoting it for me and making me feel like I was a part of the community. I got to hang on to the nostalgia of RSC for many years thanks to you guys and the players here, and I really appreciate that. The staff are fantastic and I wish I had more time to actually play the game actively. I hope you guys can keep RSC alive for as long as possible, it really is a magical game despite its age, and you guys have done a killer job of modernizing it. I had some damn good times over my five years playing here!

See you all in Lumbridge in the next life!

Peace smile

Regards,
Matt / Honour.

PS. I gave all of my gp and rares to the new player Benby who was training in the man hut at edgeville with rune legs and a black plate, like a true RSC noob. If you read this, and you decide to quit someday, please give my stuff to the mods or other players smile It was damn hard to part with 5 years worth of shit, but it's time to move on and I am glad to pass the flame to a genuine new player instead of giving most of it to veterans at a drop party or event. Have fun Benby and everyone else here, good luck with your pixel journey, and long live RSC!

Peace over anger.
Honour over hate.
Strength over fear.

aka. punKrockeR

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Thank you for all you did for us!! I used the tool alot and loved it...wish we had more players like yourself. Best of luck to you in your journey threw life.

RESPECTED and loved by jedi the greatest rscr player ever.

Last edited by JediMindTrix (16 Oct 2018 03:58)

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

Mod Lucki Send PM

Banned

Going to miss that app! I always used it, very sad to hear it won't be around any longer. Good luck on your ventures out of the game, hope you return one of these days!

Every adventure requires a first step..

Player avatar

Mod Prox Send PM

Oh man I had no idea you were still working on that thing! It helped me out loads with crafting and herblaw and various other things. It was discussed on global a few days ago with the inaccuracies you mentioned. I would have loved to have helped fix those but had no idea work was still being done on it. I had some note files from when I was planning level 99 in skills that would have been a big help back then. Sorry to see you go. That was cool though,  to give your stuff to the newer player. I hope to see Benby stick around for a little while smile

Feel free to contact me via forum message, Discord, or ingame with any concerns or for help.
RSCRevolution wiki!
Links to tons of guides for RSCR and our custom content!
Rules/Terms of Service

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

Even though we never really met Honour, reading that made me very sad that another long-time player has turned the last page and closed their RSC book for the final time.

I have used your desktop program extensively over the year that I have been playing. It was critical for me whilst planning how best to max.

I wish you all the very best for the future brother.

Thank you for what you contributed to this community.

Take it easy mate,

Syn

No.1 Ranger

Player avatar

Benby Send PM

Wow. I didn't expect to have such an interesting first day. I didn't realize I had encountered someone with such an impact on the community. It seems safe to say you will certainly be missed by everyone here. Where one chapter ends, another begins. Take care, sir, and many thanks for making this noob's day.

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

Good luck on whatever comes next Honour, certainly was a great tool to use, thank you. All the best smile

Best Ninja

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

When you started doing this years ago, Fate said "you've certainly earned your honour". Man that's true. Very thoughtful of you to keep the source public. That means even though you're done with the project, you're leaving it open-ended, it could continue to be worked on if someone else had the time and dedication. On behalf of the players we all really appreciate the work you put in and that app has really improved our QoL for the years. Good luck in your adventures.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Aw PunKrockeR I'll miss ya bud.  I remember you from reinet days.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

I remember when u first made this app, amazing.

Keep it up & stay strong mate. Hope to see you back anyday!

Pz,

Tim

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Big load Send PM

I never even knew this existed.  :'(

LOOT I'VE GATHERED FROM DROP TRADERS: 3 subscription cards, 2m$, dragon sword, rune chain+legs, 150 gold bar certs, 100 sharks, 1.4k nature runes, 3 dragon sq's, santa hat [img]https://i.postimg.cc/XJQpxVFq/rebanime.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

Big load said:

I never even knew this existed.  :'(

It’s super useful!

No.1 Ranger

Player avatar

Antmann Send PM

subscriber

give me my dam dollar back