Make firemaking useful

Player avatar

Soulus Send PM

subscriber

Make ashes give prayer xp by "scattering ashes" or "placing in an urn" to give more exp. Urns to be smithed and based on metal used exp rate would climb. I'd say base for ashes without urn to be about 15% less than the exp given from burying big bones. 5% more exp for using a bronze urn, and for example 25% more than dragon bones if using a rune urn. Now to the firemaking part. Collecting the ashes left over from the the fires! This would prove tedious I'm sure and I wouldn't want this to crash the dragon bones prices either but I'm sure you math geniuses would figure this out rather easily.

Player avatar

Antmann Send PM

subscriber

This is not OSRS but i agree. Firemaking is a complete waste of a skill for classic, literally no point of getting it 99 unless you are aiming for the Max cape.

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

I think regular ashes giving prayer exp isn't really something I would support.
The urn idea has some potential, but it's a bit of an odd mechanic. Besides, prayer exp is already fairly easy to obtain. Would rather see a different use for the firemaking skill.
That said, I think the skill should only give minor, but useful bonuses/conveniences, think of agility.
Perhaps some kind of minigame with (skilling?) rewards? Or balloon transportation?
Nothing too game-changing or intrusive at least... And nothing that would upset or divide the community.

Edit: Something like Pyre Ships from barbarian training, with special bones dropped by high level (slayer?) monsters, or Shades of Mort'ton Funeral Pyres... Just an idea, and it could work on a much smaller scale. smile

Last edited by Vinkie (3 Oct 2018 23:15)