Lotteries

Player avatar

Mason Rahl Send PM

subscriber

I'm not sure if it's just me but I feel like a lot of people dislike lotteries,mostly, no limits. I think this is because people see others win with a lot of tickets and think," I can't compete with that, I'll never win", so they don't play or even vote. But what people don't see are the loss that some put into lotteries to make the pots so high. If there was some way of showing, say gp won vs. gp lost, ithink more would consider partaking, or even voting. I believe this could be a nice addition to keep lottery events thriving.

Player avatar

martin Send PM

subscriber

E N K O said:

Mason Rahl said:

If there was some way of showing, say gp won vs. gp lost.

Well... It shows you the pot size, and how many tickets the winner won with... Just pretend the gp lost is a variable, which it is. Try and solve. Dont forget about to account for lottery tax on pot size.

he means individual stats. Per character. there's no way of knowing who bought how many except for the winner. he also means all time, not just 1 lotto.

Last edited by martin (3 Sep 2018 03:16)

Player avatar

Mason Rahl Send PM

subscriber

Correct Martin, sorry I should have been more clear on that.

Player avatar

snibzilla Send PM

subscriber

I'm not big into the lottery, but I don't know if it needs a change. I feel like this would ruin the strategy for the people that do play. If a pot goes up to 2 million, your chance of winning is still 1/40, no matter what someone else does. Even if someone purchases 30 tickets on a 2m pot,sure their odds go up, but your 1/40 odds stay the same.

Last edited by snibzilla (3 Sep 2018 13:38)

Player avatar

Mason Rahl Send PM

subscriber

I won't think it would change the way people play. People who buy alot of ticks are already pretty well known and still dump regardless.  Some will even warn people in global that they r dumping, so I doubt it would have an effect of those who already play. I just think this would be a good way to keep lotteries thriving and bring in players who don't play. It's easy to say "screw lotteries"  when u see someone win 3m with 30 ticks, but if they were able to see that that same person has lost, say 10m in lotteries I think people would be more inclined to participate.

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Well we could start tracking how much you've spend on the lottery and how much income you've got, that would not be difficult to do.

But is there really a purpose for it, realising how much you've already lost in lottery may actually discourage from playing..?

Our lottery is like any lottery in real life, the only fact is that the house itself only always win, server takes a tax of 20% from each ticket sold in a form of a gp sink, every lottery takes gold out of the game.

Each of those players who boost no limit lottery pots into insane amounts dump a large amount of gp out of the game economy daily. That is kind of the reason why we have a one ticket limit and a no limit lottery, one is for a simple level playing field and other is for a high risk - high reward type of situation, because you may still win lots of gp with one ticket, while Martin is risking A LOT of gp and does not always win.

If you don't like participating in no limit lotteries, no one forces you to participate, you should enjoy the one ticket limit lotteries where each character gets a fair chance.

Player avatar

Mason Rahl Send PM

subscriber

Me personally ik I've lost about as much as I've won, which is somewhere around 50m as a rough guess, and would not discourage me from still dumping in Mills, because of the possible reward. Most who play big already know that they've lost big as well, just don't know the actual numbers. So I don't think it would discourage those who already partake. I think a simple gp lost vs gp won tracker,like kleio mentioned, would be nice.  I just think it would be nice for new players or people who dislike lottos to see that, the people who dump alot and win also put alot if not just as much back into economy when they lose.