Deadman Mode Tournament: Season 2

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Deadman mode has returned to RSCR, this game mode is similar to the Deadman mode found on OSRS, where players play in a full world PvP environment. Deadmen won't be playing on a separate world, they will be playing along with regular players. Deadmen are a new character type just like iron-men or veteran mode.

Deadman mode will be available for two weeks, till Sunday 26th this month, exact time and scenario for the end game will be posted later in a separate post.

This season, DMM players will be required to be completely self sufficient, at the bottom of the post there is a list of rules that Deadmen must follow. Please read them and if you believe that you won't be able to follow them, do not play DMM and risk getting banned.

Deadman mode main features:

- Full World PVP, except in safe zones: Karamja general store, all banks apart from Draynor, safe towns are Edgeville and Lumbridge;
- Majority of world is single-combat, Barbarian Village area is multi-combat;
- Player killing you can raid your bank and get a percentage of your belongings;
- Depending on the combat level of the opponent killing you, you will lose a percentage of unprotected stats on death (can protect 5 stats);
- Access to safety deposit box for 10 items (not stacks);
- Access only to f2p world, items and skills;
- Attack range is determined by distance to nearest safe zone (distance to nearest safe zone / 2 = "wilderness level");
- Characters will have a combat level cap of 80, any character build is possible, but combat xp gain will stop when combat level of 80 is reached.
- Double experience rate (2x RSCR Rates);
- Protect Items prayer and Home Teleport are disabled for Deadmen;

Other features:

- No access to Wilderness;
- Completely separate economy from the regular players;
- Access to Auction House for buying and selling, 3 maximum listings;
- No trading between Deadmen;
- Teleporting and logging out requires you to stand still for 10 seconds.
- Betty's Magic Emporium and Aubury's Rune Shops will have boosted 500 elemental runes in stock as well as 100 death runes;
- Lowe's Archery Store will have 600 bronze arrows and 450 bolts in stock.
- Fishing lobster, tuna or swordfish will yield 3x times the fish;
- Some of the available quests will be automatically completed: Cook's assistant, Imp catcher, Sheep shearer, Romeo and Juliet, Doric's quest, Witch's potion, The Restless Ghost and Shield of Arrav;
- Two runite ores added in Rimmington, can be mined only by Deadmen;
- Deadmen can't obtain clue scrolls;
- Shantay and blue moon inn banks are disabled;
- Deadmen receive a set of startup items to make the start easier;
- While killing NPC's Deadmen will have a chance to get a random supply drop;
- For doing Dragon Slayer quest, plank has been spawned in Barbarian Village;
- Deadmen can't receive quest XP while they have xp gain buffed after previous death;

Experience Rates:

16X combat experience rate (22X subbed)
12X secondary combat rate (18X  Subbed)
8X skilling rate (12X subbed)

Experience rate for rebuilding lost experience: 2x the above.

Subscriptions:

Subscriptions can be given to DMM chars by using the subscription card on your DMM character. Cards can also be transferred to DMM chars with staff help, if Kleio or Billy are online, please PM them directly on Discord.

Death in Deadman Mode:

If you die with a skull:
- You will lose percentage from 10 most valuable stacks in your bank to Bank Raid Chest. (Higher level opponent -> smaller percentage)
- You will lose percentage of all unprotected stats (Higher level opponent -> Smaller percentage)

If you die unskulled:
If you have taken damage from a player:
- You will lose smaller percentage from 10 most valuable stacks in your bank to Bank Raid Chest. (Higher level opponent -> smaller percentage).
- You will lose smaller percentage of all unprotected stats (Higher level opponent -> Smaller percentage).
- You will lose all items from your inventory and equipment.

If you have not taken any damage from a player:
- You keep 3 most valuable items.
- You don't lose any bank items.
- You don't lose any experience.

If you die and lose experience;
- Your experience rate for that skill is doubled until you reach the experience you once had.

Bank Raid Keys & Chests:

If you manage to kill a player in Deadman Mode, you will receive a Deadman Key. This key will give you access to chest which contains percentage of 10 most valuable stacks from opponents bank.

Deadman Key:
- Received upon killing a player;
- Unlocks bank raid chest;
- Cannot be traded, banked, only destroyed;
- When you kill a player who has got Deadman Keys in his inventory, you will get his keys;
- You can only hold maximum of five keys at a time, if you have five keys and kill someone, key will not be dropped.

Bank Raid Chest:
-Deadman keys should be used on Bank Raid Chest located in Edgeville bank;

Safety Deposit Box:
Deadmen have an option to keep their most valuable items safe using a safety deposit box which can hold up to 10 items, not stacks. The box can be accessed through Bankers.
b3875e08cffcb04340fcd4590b0c5fa7.gif

Stat protection

You can protect stats from being reduced on death:
- 1 Combat skill (attack, strength and defense);
- 1 Secondary combat skill (prayer, magic and ranged);
- 3 Skilling stats.
Hitpoints are auto-calculated on death.

You can protect your stats by opening stat menu and right clicking the stat you want to protect, and selecting "Protect <stat>".
6441b4bb8b1d963fc6e015d4095ae04f.gif

Skull mechanism:

- Skull default time is 15 minutes, maximum skull time 30 minutes.
- Each time you attack a player while you are skulled, your skull timer is reset and your skull time is extended by two minutes.
- If you attack player 30 or more levels below you, your skull time is set to 30 minutes.
- Your skull timer does not tick down if you stand still. You have to be on the move to lose your skull.
- Players who attack you when you are skulled will not get skulled themselves.
- Safe zones have high level guards, which attack skulled players trying to enter it.

Kill-streaks:
Each time you kill a player, your kill-streak increases. This is indicated by your skull color changing.
Additionally, the amount of Deadman Keys you hold in your inventory is indicated above skull by key icons.

c27044d9baabc2e8abe851f3846a9063.png

Deadman Appearance:
- Deadman Characters will have their name drawn in blood red, in chat and above head.
- Attack option is only shown on deadman players.
256a5be490227c6a2ca61449efd2d7af.png

Attackable levels
Combat level range can be seen in bottom right of a Deadman's client screen:
4440000da8a74510f7bfee2accaf6970.png

Single-combat area mechanics

- 20 Second timer after combat before others can attack
- Timer is reset to 20 seconds on any damage from your opponent.
- You cannot attack anyone else but the person attacking you.

Seperate economy auction house from main game:

- Can't trade or pickup items dropped by regular players;
- Can't duel or kill regular players;
- Can't participate in mini-game events;
- Separate Auction House with sale listing limit of 3;
- Can't add new listings to Auction House if there are unclaimed expired auctions.

Guarded Safe Zones:

Safe zones will have high level guards, which will attack any players with a skull and, highly likely, kill them.
Safe zones are: Karamja general store, all banks apart from Draynor, safe towns are Edgeville and Lumbridge

Startup gear

Deadmen will receive some gear to help them get ahead in the game a bit quicker:
6c527b32f8de91e3b919d971b08b879f.png

End game and prizes:

The last day of this season Sunday 26th will be the last day you will be able to use these characters as Deadmen.
If you die on the last day, between Sunday 26th 0:00-23:59 PST, your character will be banned until the end of the season.
On Monday DMM s2 characters will be converted to normal characters following an XP reduction. You will not be able to use them in season 3.

The prizes and categories are as follows:

Awarded to all DMM S2 Participants:
-Deadman Participant forum pip

PKer Prizes Awarded to Top Kills (ties broken by k/d ratio)
-1st place: $100 usd, 5 gold subs, 5 platinum subs. Deadman Champion forum pip with 2h.
-2nd place: $50 usd, 2 gold subs, 2 platinum subs
-3rd place: $25 usd, 1 gold sub, 1 plat sub

Skiller Prizes Awarded to highest Total Level (ties broken by total XP)
-1st place: $50 USD, 2 gold subs, 2 platinum subs. Deadman Champion forum pip with pickaxe
-2nd place: $25 usd, 1 gold sub, 1 platinum sub
-3rd place: 1 gold sub, 1 platinum sub

Honorable mentions: People who didn't die on the last day, highest accumulation of specific items, etc.
Note: All eligible champions will have their accounts vetted, people who used rulebreaking advantages will be disqualified.

Rules:

Deadman mode is hosted with a philosophy that Deadmen must be self sufficient, gather their own resources and always risk their own hard work. For that reason this season we will be implementing strict rules and will be monitoring deadmen related logs for any suspicious activity. This is also involved alternative character.;

- Trading items is disabled and not allowed;
- Selling items in auction house at low prices to make a trade is not allowed;
- Using mules to hold or transfer items is not allowed;
- Swapping items between regular game mode and DMM is not allowed, game moderators can only transfer you subscription cards;
- Trying to gain any wealth in a way that obviously show an attempt to transfer items between chars will be taken as a bannable offense as well. If there are any questionable situations, staff reserves the right to discuss the situation internally and take appropriate action against offenders.

If you find that being self sufficient is not your cup of tea, please do not complain or play DMM trying to break the rules, just skip this particular activity and enjoy the regular game mode. There will be other DMM seasons in the future and the rules may be different, but for this event, these are the rules. Breaking of any DMM rules will result in a ban of all parties involved, ban will count as a ban on regular game mode and may move you towards a list ban if you've been banned in the past.

Final day of the Deadman Mode has started, death of Deadman mode characters is now permanent, if you die, the season will be over for you. Deadman season will end when the counter posted below ends at midnight PST. Prize and best performers will be announced sometime on monday, since just being the number one in statistics won't be enough, we will be checking for any form of rule breaking first.

bla_1535353199.png

When you die, you will be automatically kicked and you won't be able to login back into the account.

cf6f4a3930650dba8ba8e2eb2a994165.png

End game and prizes:

On Monday DMM s2 characters will be converted to normal characters following an XP reduction. You will not be able to use them in season 3.

The prizes and categories are as follows:

Awarded to all DMM S2 Participants:
-Deadman Participant forum pip

PKer Prizes Awarded to Top Kills (ties broken by k/d ratio)
-1st place: $100 usd, 5 gold subs, 5 platinum subs. Deadman Champion forum pip with 2h.

Skiller Prizes Awarded to highest Total Level (ties broken by total XP)
-1st place: $50 USD, 2 gold subs, 2 platinum subs. Deadman Champion forum pip with pickaxe

Honorable mentions: People who didn't die on the last day, highest accumulation of specific items, etc.
Note: All eligible champions will have their accounts vetted, people who used rulebreaking advantages will be disqualified.

Statistics

Last couple weeks RSCR community was able to enjoy our unique Deadman mode. Over the two week period 399 Deadman characters have been made and we hope you've had an interesting experience! Deadman will definitely return to RSCR in the future, but right now we need to celebrate the best performing players this season.

First of all, the players with most kills, due to coding error DMM chars did not gather K/D statistics, but they were gathering Deadman Key use statistics which we're going to use to determine the best performing pkers which are:

1) Pizzaboy62 with 73 keys, 2958 casts with 2225 being on point, 339 successful and 176 failed catches;
2) c0kediet97 aka Josephine with 44 keys; 1630 casts with 1108 being on point, 158 successful and 101 failed catches;
3) Terp Doctor with 22 keys; 1163 casts with 726 being on point, 184 successful and 95 failed catches.

Second, the deadmen with highest skill total:
1) Dm Tjd with 1040 skill total;
2) C0kediet97 aka Josephine with 1021 skill total;
3) Damaged with 1020 skill total;

Congratulations to the winners! As previously mentioned, all winners and participants of the season will get a forum pip that will be added to our forums soon!

Interesting statistics:
Tiles walked:
1) Pizzaboy62 with 190229 tiles;
2) Dm tjd with 171482 tiles;
3) Lostmycandy with 156210 tiles.

Combat logouts:
1) Griffin1 with 48 logouts;
2) Sudden Death with 46 logouts;
3) Drop u ez with 43 logouts;

Chickens killed:
1) New Pls Help with 4698 kills;
2) Lostmycandy with 3869 kills;
3) Gangland Joe with 3314 kills;

Men killed:
1) Nuisance with 8544 kills;
2) Chubby Mike with 5295 kills;
3) Kingdingling with 4626 kills;

Largest gp stacks in bank:
1) C0kediet97 with 414660 gp;
2) Dm tjd with 356546 gp;
3) Pizzaboy62 with 346309 gp.

Most death runes in bank:
1) Pizzaboy62 with 1245 runes;
2) Lihamasin with 771 runes;
3) Dm tjd with 744 runes.

Most swordfish in bank:
1) C0kediet97 with 1080 swordies;
2) Pizzaboy62 with 594 swordies;
3) Dm tjd with 537 swordies.

What other statistics you'd like to see now and in future seasons? Post your request below and we might add it.

Winners of the skiller and pker competition, please PM Kleio on Discord for prizes.

Player avatar

Pink and Blue Bottles Send PM

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Pink and Blue Bottles said:

When

Kleio said:

At the moment the Deadman Mode is in final stage of development and a test server will be hosted within a day or two, players will be invited to check out the latest features and make sure everything is working to players liking. Client download for the test server will be made public for everyone. When testing is complete we will be hosing a two week Deadman mode season, the prizes and DMM achievement goals will be announced when date for season start will be set. This post is an introduction to the upcoming season features and spark final discussions in the community.

Player avatar

pot waster1 Send PM

few questions

no trading means i couldnt say, fish on one acc and trade them over to another acc? and if so, would selling them 1gp each in ah and rebuy them on my other acc get me banned for trading?

is there a maximum account limit?

looking forward to this

Last edited by pot waster1 (17 Jul 2018 06:25)

Player avatar

Skillercraft Send PM

No account trading is a +1 from me, gives android players such as myself a fair chance of competing.
Won't people just bypass this though by killing their alts?

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

I will have to check this out for sure. Sounds exciting.

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

I'm super excited for this to rejuvenate my love for rsc. Great work kleio!!!!

Player avatar

hit em up Send PM

more training have fun guys smile

Player avatar

NewPlayer Send PM

Honestly not gonna lie, the fact you implemented this into rscrevolution classic blows my mind. Honestly amazing I might give it a try, I am not a big fan of deadman mode cause I am bad at pking but I might pop on smile.

Player avatar

Honour Send PM

subscriber

Epic. Nice work team, I'll be giving this a go for sure.

Peace over anger.
Honour over hate.
Strength over fear.

aka. punKrockeR

Player avatar

yotapower26 Send PM

Just release the mayham already

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

pot waster1 said:

Deadman mode is hosted with a philosophy that Deadmen must be self sufficient, gather their own resources and always risk their own hard work. For that reason this season we will be implementing strict rules and will be monitoring deadmen related logs for any suspicious activity. This is also involved alternative character.;
- Trading items is disabled and not allowed;
- Using mules to hold or transfer items is not allowed;
- Swapping items between regular game mode and DMM is not allowed;
- Trying to gain any wealth in a way that obviously show an attempt to transfer items between chars will be taken as a bannable offense as well.

pot waster1 said:

no trading means i couldnt say, fish on one acc and trade them over to another acc? and if so, would selling them 1gp each in ah and rebuy them on my other acc get me banned for trading?

"Trade them over to another acc?" - trading and using mules is not allowed;
"would selling them 1gp each in ah and rebuy them on my other acc get me banned for trading?" - yes, you would be banned;
"is there a maximum account limit?" - no account limit.

Deadmen MUST be self sufficient.

Player avatar

Zach Nocare Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Any idea of launch? Great work team.

Player avatar

dr slapaho Send PM

will our gear n cash accumulated in this event be transferred over to reg server once its over? that could give more incentive than if its all lost in the end

Player avatar

b u b b a jr Send PM

Make it guilded as prize

[img]https://i.imgur.com/z2l3Zkl.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Rtt1WmN.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/YBv5Ffx.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/gu20rIS.png[/img]

Player avatar

Sosa Send PM

DMM2_PKer

forced to quest for rune long, or get 99 smithing on 2x xp in under 2 weeks mining all ores alone, impossible unless u play 20 hrs a day ?? I thought some npcs were being added outside wild for this.  all skillers just keep there rune/best gear in safe deposit while they skill and lose 0 stats? 5 stats and 10 spots is to much, make it 3 stats and 5 deposit spots lol . . ..

so i think this is gonna be a failure at this point aka a skiller event

things that need to be done :

make npcs that drop r2h and rune shit outside of wild/make the smithing lvl for max gear like 80
keep less shit on death or else whats the point? dying isnt a big risk at this point

[img]https://i.imgur.com/5EbruRm.jpg[/img]
*beta tester *combat formula tester *first to slay whiteboy 3x in a row *first to kill someone with a pickaxe *first ironman in legends guild *first to dismantle swordpire *first pk in rscr

[img]https://i.imgur.com/s5KdyZE.png[/img]

Player avatar

dr slapaho Send PM

Sosa said:

forced to quest for rune long, or get 99 smithing on 2x xp in under 2 weeks mining all ores alone, impossible unless u play 20 hrs a day ?? I thought some npcs were being added outside wild for this.  all skillers just keep there rune/best gear in safe deposit while they skill and lose 0 stats? 5 stats and 10 spots is to much, make it 3 stats and 5 deposit spots lol . . ..

make npcs that drop r2h and rune shit outside of wild/make the smithing lvl for max gear like 80
keep less shit on death or else whats the point? dying isnt a big risk at this point

true esp. since smithers have to mine their own coal. i don't think they should lower anything, since whoever gets to 99 smithing is going to make bank but no1 will really bother if those winnings arent transferred over at the end of the event. i think if they make the prizes good and transfers possible enough people will be tempted to race and pk which will make the whole event interesting otherwise its going to be pretty stale. just my 2c

Last edited by dr slapaho (18 Jul 2018 03:49)

Player avatar

Sosa Send PM

DMM2_PKer

make bank for what? the last 10 minutes of dmm ?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/5EbruRm.jpg[/img]
*beta tester *combat formula tester *first to slay whiteboy 3x in a row *first to kill someone with a pickaxe *first ironman in legends guild *first to dismantle swordpire *first pk in rscr

[img]https://i.imgur.com/s5KdyZE.png[/img]

Player avatar

dr slapaho Send PM

Sosa said:

make bank for what? the last 10 minutes of dmm ?

im assuming among the protected items will be a huge cash pile of all the servers collected money no?

Player avatar

Dwight19 Send PM

Sosa said:

Yeah, kind of have to agree. Xp rate/questing too slow for me. Good job team tho.