A few things I would love to see implemented

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

1. Option to turn display of Capes ON/OFF

I am considerate of the fact that this may not be a feature that everyone will care about. That being said, I know that there are a number of us that enjoy walking around or hanging out in our favourite outfits and that, a lot of the time when skilling, the perfect outfit is ruined by that Skilling Cape that just has all the wrong colours to it and completely throws your outfit right off the mark! Amirite..?!

What I propose to remedy this is a simple option to add to the Right-Click Menu of an equipped Cape to Turn Invisible or, a more lore friendly option, Tuck Away that, when selected, would remove the visual display of the Cape all-together but retain it's benefits and stat improvements. If the player wanted to make the Cape visible again they would simply re-select the Right-Click Menu option once more.

I appreciate that this may have adverse effects as a feature when used in the Wilderness as people may not be able to gauge a potential Max Hit due to not being able to see the Cape being used by the other combatant. This could be nullified by implementing a restriction that turning ones Cape invisible or tucking it away can only be done outside of the Wilderness.

2. The Max Guild for people with 1782 Skill Total

There are but only a few among us that can say they have 99 in every single skill. This accolade requires time, dedication, preparation, discipline, persistence and a little bit of luck. Once achieved, the individual can sit back in their chair and let out a heavy sigh...

It's finally done!

However. I am of the belief that, once this player has obtained this pinnacle in RSCR achievement. Once this individual really has reached the summit of completion within this game - they, unfortunately, do not have much to show for it.

Yes, there is the Max Cape. A Cape that bestows on the wearer, statistical enhancements that no other Cape comes close to providing. However, other than your new fan dangled Cape, what else do you have to show for your efforts..?
At this current moment in time, not much to be honest...

We have the Heroes' Guild and we have the Legend's Guild. Both of which provide trade and combat options that live up to the requirements of gaining entry. However, there is currently no Guild for those that have really obtained the ultimate in achievement. There is no Max Guild.

I can understand and appreciate the time required in order to design, develop and successfully implement something of this magnitude in to the game. I am no developer but I can imagine that something like this would be a fair undertaking to say the least.

However, I believe that it is something that warrants being done. Moreover, I believe that it is actually quite critical to the development and progression of RSCR that it be done. Not only do I believe that there is currently not enough reward for having maxed out one's character, I believe that the evolution of this server is critical to it's survival as a whole.

When talking specifics, I think that there could very well be some of the most recognisable of each of the trades and combat found in the Guild. A Magic Tree(s), Red and/or (King) Black Dragon(s), Greater and/or Black Demons, swordfish and shark fishing spots, high tier ore, etc.

The point is, to design a Guild that would leave a prospective players mouth watering in desire. A Guild where, upon entry, the player was filled with awe, wonder and excitement. At the end of the day, achieving 99 in every single skill is no easy feat and should be rewarded so..!

3. Max Cape Teleport(s)

Finally, I believe that the Max Cape should have a Teleport ability added to it whereby it teleports the wearer to the perimeter gate of the Max Guild. Seems fitting considering it is the Cape worn by people who have Maxed and the teleport location is that of the Max Guild.

I, personally, would love to see these features implemented and I thank you for your consideration!

Syn

Last edited by Synesthesic (14 Jul 2018 12:53)

No.1 Ranger

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

1. Doesn't sound too convincing
2. Yes but it would take a lot of time to design something with that grand scale, and staff are already chipping away on Slayer and a new client, so I don't see this being implemented within the near future
3. The easiest one to implement, so +1

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

cunnilingus11 Send PM

pking problems > posing problems

Player avatar

Oprah123 Send PM

subscriber

i think this is a fantastic idea! i am 1758 skill total and i can see the max guild making me want to finish. please make this happen!

ZxAxR

Player avatar

IronLungJr2nd Send PM

subscriber

Mabe we can throw in an Ironman Cape? Lol with the same symbol/colors as the one in chat box(norm/ulti). But yeah i think the idea of something past max does seem fair, i mean u got people grinding out 200 mill xp in one skill just cuz it stops counting at that point lol.

Player avatar

goodwork Send PM

1.  I don't see why not.  I personally find the normal capes pretty tacky.  The 99 capes are cooler, but yeah if youre going for fashionscape I can see how it would get in the way.  Seems like this feature would be easy enough to implement too.  But to be frank, I don't know if a lot of people would even use this feature. 

2.  This is a very good idea.  The whole reason I'm playing this server is because I maxed on a different one.  Once you're maxed, there isnt a whole lot to do.  You're usually pretty rich at that point, so farming isn't too appealing.  And you're so burnt out on skilling.... Unless youre going for 200m of something, i couldnt find any reason to keep going. 
But having something like this that is an end game goal would give people something to shoot far, and reward the dedicated players.  A big +1 here. 

3.  I mean, why not.  Sure if youve maxed, i think you could be rewarded with saving 5 mins of walking.

Player avatar

pajser91 Send PM

goodwork said:

Once you're maxed, there isnt a whole lot to do.  You're usually pretty rich at that point, so farming isn't too appealing.  And you're so burnt out on skilling.... Unless youre going for 200m of something, i couldnt find any reason to keep going. 
But having something like this that is an end game goal would give people something to shoot far, and reward the dedicated players.  A big +1 here.

^