Dead Man Mode issues

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

We want to release one or two dead man mode seasons in the near future. I'd like to hear what issues do you remember with with the dead man mode and what would you like to be seen implemented in the dead man mode season that would take around 3ish weeks?

Player avatar

nyx6 Send PM

I gave it up because there was too much level spread, I was lvl 75 but could never find deadmen close enough to my level to fight. The level spread should be greater for who you can attack and maybe cap the combat at 90 rather than 123, so different builds are around.

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

too much skilling to get started.

allow you to choose the type of character in tutorial: mage, monk, melee, ranger, skiller
selecting one gives you a little bonus inventory to get you started with a list of items to choose from (max $ value)

ie: melee: can choose 10k in armor / weps : addy 2h, black plate & Legs to begin (list bunch of options to choose from)
ie: mage: staff choices, runes, mind bombs, def pots, armor choices
ie: monk: robes, weps, pray pots, food
ie: ranger: bow & arrows, food, range pots
ie: skiller: better picaxes, feathers, bait, some cash, dwarven stouts, fish pots, base herbs/secondaries, feathers, shafts

I for one did not do anything on my DMM except fish to lobs for food to train, and get some noob stats like 40 30 60 with some prayer. The amount of work put into it was similar to ironman but I didn't want to start over again like that so I just left it to rot.

Multi DMM (pvp) should not be allowed. I saw someone with 3 going around killing random DMMs: one ranging, one with GM, and one melee. seems a little pointless.

Player avatar

b u b b a jr Send PM

Master fisher
smaller map
increased exp
Lets have some fun not some long boring bullshit

[img]https://i.imgur.com/z2l3Zkl.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Rtt1WmN.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/YBv5Ffx.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/gu20rIS.png[/img]

Player avatar

On Point Send PM

Make it full world combat and it will be amazing. DMM chars only.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

I think deadmen should not be able to enter the wilderness, since normal players could not attack them.

Maybe deadman should be limited to the f2p areas, so there's less spreading out.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

On Point Send PM

Billy said:

I think deadmen should not be able to enter the wilderness, since normal players could not attack them.

Maybe deadman should be limited to the f2p areas, so there's less spreading out.

This sounds good, either way I will probably join up for the DMM sounds very fun.

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Deadman should not be able to enter wilderness - absolutely. This is how RSC was before the wilderness came out anyway, so it only makes sense.

I'm also absolutely in favor of limiting the map to F2P - it'll feel more classic for those of us that remember the cabbage patch war days. Screw the p2p map, it's too much with the limited player base. Let's keep the action high. The only thing is you'll have to add some way to bank on Karamja - there's no way in hell I'd want to have to fish lobs and swordfish with the nearest bank in falador...

The biggest complaint (and only complaint, really) I have about deadman mode is the guards that attack you. It was absolutely bullshit and they can kill you way too quickly. Even if I had a regular skull from typing ::skull they will destroy you. This needs to be completely re-worked and balanced compared to what it was. I'm thinking maybe have them relatively high level and just have them physically attack you if you're trying to attack another player when they're nearby. Not that 20+ dmg magic blast crap from 10-20 squares away....ridiculously OP and unfair.

Last edited by Synbios (28 Jun 2018 01:41)

Player avatar

panther king Send PM

triple the exp from what it was last time and f2p only, whoever kills you gets a chunk of all your exp and possibly limit stats to 50 and break the spread down a tonne with only banks safe? also maby even a rotating bounty on a player for 5/10 min that rewards a r2h or something cool for whoever kills them, or gives it to them if they survive the ordeal.

end of season reward could be a special rare or something, one for most kills, most exp, most bounty kills, most bounty survive ratio (min 10 to qualify) one for least deaths, and one for longest streak playing alive.

Last edited by panther king (28 Jun 2018 07:55)

Player avatar

Antmann Send PM

subscriber

Wilderness has reaper dung, mage arena and red/green dragons for dmm to use. Do not take wildy away from that. If anything make the wilderness a bigger gap for dmm to attack eachother

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

Synbios said:

Deadman should not be able to enter wilderness - absolutely. This is how RSC was before the wilderness came out anyway, so it only makes sense.

I'm also absolutely in favor of limiting the map to F2P - it'll feel more classic for those of us that remember the cabbage patch war days. Screw the p2p map, it's too much with the limited player base. Let's keep the action high. The only thing is you'll have to add some way to bank on Karamja - there's no way in hell I'd want to have to fish lobs and swordfish with the nearest bank in falador...

The biggest complaint (and only complaint, really) I have about deadman mode is the guards that attack you. It was absolutely bullshit and they can kill you way too quickly. Even if I had a regular skull from typing ::skull they will destroy you. This needs to be completely re-worked and balanced compared to what it was. I'm thinking maybe have them relatively high level and just have them physically attack you if you're trying to attack another player when they're nearby. Not that 20+ dmg magic blast crap from 10-20 squares away....ridiculously OP and unfair.

I actually agree with him.

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

panther king said:

end of season reward could be a special rare or something, one for most kills, most exp, most bounty kills, most bounty survive ratio (min 10 to qualify) one for least deaths, and one for longest streak playing alive.

Rares go to new winners in the next season like passing the baton. At the end of season they all become regular characters anyway so they'd get some time to wear them until the new season begins months later

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

honestly i'd like the idea of a large level range for in wildy. it should simulate the same risk for them to train in wild, as a normal player

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

Mod Rah said:

honestly i'd like the idea of a large level range for in wildy. it should simulate the same risk for them to train in wild, as a normal player

Regular characters should be able to attack them if in wild. We had issues with scouts as DMM and not being able to kill them. Training spots were crowded as well.

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Thank you very much for the feedback, plenty of good ideas!

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

Synbios said:

I'm also absolutely in favor of limiting the map to F2P

Absolutely great point Synbios. IMO much of the problem with DMM on this server was due to the extremely large map, you'd never find anyone. People had the chances to gain mats in good spots where rarely anyone was, a limited f2p DMM would create alot more battles and alot more action. just my 2 cents.

Player avatar

Sosa Send PM

DMM2_PKer

higher xp rate and f2p areas only . 1 week long . winner gets a badge on forum or someshit

Last edited by Sosa (30 Jun 2018 04:44)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/5EbruRm.jpg[/img]
*beta tester *combat formula tester *first to slay whiteboy 3x in a row *first to kill someone with a pickaxe *first ironman in legends guild *first to dismantle swordpire *first pk in rscr

[img]https://i.imgur.com/s5KdyZE.png[/img]

Player avatar

VITUHARAKAS Send PM

Ummm

The previous deadman mode was so anti pking thats why it failed. Doesnt have to be like that.

1. F2p map only with safe spots (bridges, edgeville ground level, lumbridge). This is the most important factor. P2p area is way too big... atleast for starters to see how it goes.
2. Being able to bank without waiting 20 minutes. That is ridiculously long time and very very very anti pking.
3. The combat level cap should be 5-30 for the most areas with some exceptions.
4. Since its all about pking and you cant trade with regular mode players, why not make NPCs drop rune armour way wayyy more often. This would induce pking alot and players wouldnt give up after die once.
5. Fishing spot for safe area. This way you can still fish safely without getting killed and get more pking gear to induce more and more pking for the whole deadman community.
6. Make xp rates even bigger. In my eyes deadman mode is all about pking. But it will still take quite some time to make a char just so you could pk. Seriously like 48x xp or something. Believe me there would be alot of pking. With an option to make the xp rate lower incase someone wants to make lower levels.
7. Some multi areas and some nonmulti areas.
8. Some safe training spots but the way to get to the training spot is not safe. Like giants in edgeville. Make them drop alot of rune armour but once you get out of the area its no longer safe. Just a few spots like that where most of the sick action would be at.
9. If you decide deadmen cant fight normal players, perhaps you should make deadman mode players not possible to go to wild at all.
10. No quests needed to wear armor. No real reason to make it pain in the ass for everyone.

Basically what Im saying is, deadman mode would be fucking lit if it was fast and not anti pking. Super easy mode to have fun with. Or else it will die out after a few players just max their chars with really no pking action. Theres no way around it.

Player avatar

VITUHARAKAS Send PM

Oh yeah and some starting gear like 200 trouts, black 2h, 5 strength potions and 5 ruby ammies. Something along those lines. Take the grind out of deadman mode and make it an epic war.

Player avatar

VITUHARAKAS Send PM

Make varrock 1vs1 area with guards dropping all rune items but not as often as giants in edge dungeon. This way deadman players wont be taking over all the other training spots and with high xp rates you can get decent stats training on chickens/cows/goblins in lumbridge with huge xp rate anyways.

Make a random 1 hour period when there is no safe zone.

Make banks safe zones even when skulled.

Remove quests for deadman mode. Disable all the other skills but fishing/cooking.

This is how you get an awesome pking scene.