When you don't feel like talking :D

Proxicity Send PM

subscriber

If you're reading this, most likely we are friendly towards each other so I should say that I honestly don't have any particular person in mind when posting this, or when I had the idea to begin with, so don't start feeling guilty if you're one of the people I've been talking to a lot for the past few days. smile

I've thought for a long time that it would be cool to have a privacy feature that would allow a player to appear offline even to the people on their friends list, team roster, and party. I don't know where it would go in the settings menu; that tab looks pretty cramped already, but some sort of "Appear offline" setting would come in handy quite a bit for people like me and the many others I know of who multitask while playing RSCR and aren't necessarily interested in constantly carrying on one, two or even three or more conversations in PM at once.

Sometimes, I want to listen to music, a podcast, lecture, debate or whatever it is that requires my full attention. I can do repetitive skilling tasks and not lose focus, but I can't add a conversation on top of that. The cognitive load gets to be too much and the prospect of multitasking goes out the window in the service of answering someone's questions or whatever their message happens to be.

I'm not suggesting an invisibility option like the mods have, since that could be exploited in various ways, but just a simple PM block that works universally, regardless of who's on your friends list.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Proxicity (28 Jun 2018 09:38)

I once was a good boy. There. That's my signature. I dunno man,

Player avatar

Jan Send PM

Support

Veteran mode player

Player avatar

Antmann Send PM

subscriber

Prox ranting again, just don't play the game while doing other stuff lol

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

Antmann said:

Prox ranting again, just don't play the game while doing other stuff lol

yikes I exclusively play RSCR while doing other stuff. Literally can't remember the last time I sat down and just played RSCR with nothing going in the background.

That being said - I just ignore everyone. Works for me!

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

I just erase all friends and put private block on, or completely ignore.

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

I would appreciate an 'Appear Offline' social option.

A useful social option.

No.1 Ranger

Proxicity Send PM

subscriber

3o5 said:

I just erase all friends and put private block on, or completely ignore.

I used to do that, then people would get mad at me if they invited me to their party and it said that they weren't on my list any more, ha! Kind of a hassle to add everyone back over time too, and I forget a lot if I know someone or not. lol

dippymister said:

I exclusively play RSCR while doing other stuff. Literally can't remember the last time I sat down and just played RSCR with nothing going in the background.

That being said - I just ignore everyone. Works for me!

That's an option for me too, but lots of us talk a lot in every chat channel every day and if I suddenly stopped responding for long periods as I do from time to time, people misinterpret it as me ignoring them maliciously. It gets annoying to tell lots of different people that I'm not doing it to spite or offend them. It is in fact what I find myself doing frequently, but it's not ideal, hence this thread.

Last edited by Proxicity (28 Jun 2018 09:46)

I once was a good boy. There. That's my signature. I dunno man,