Transfering characters forum to forum / selling characters

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

Without meaning to cause offense to any individuals, I'd like to raise my concerns about how utterly pointless the following rule is

ZhuQijA.png

I am sorry but this is absolutely the most backwards logic ever, considering the fact that recently N0m passed on the ability to every admin and senior moderator giving them the power to transfer any in-game character to any forum account of that persons choosing for absolutely no money at all which in itself honestly baffles me I'm really surprised you did that, I know you're not a money hungry money grabber like every other RSC admin but server to server it's been a paid for service with subs or gems and I think that's acceptable and appropriate

What baffles is me though is why would you still offer to transfers people's characters for free but act like selling them is against the rules? Sorry but you won't be able to track every single character that's transferred and determine whether it's been sold or not, you know what people are like. There's a million different deals that could be made when selling a character and there you guys are offering to transfer them for free lol

I don't think selling them for in-game currency should be punishable. If you catch people in PM's or in-game chat trying to sell for anything other than in-game currency, sure go ahead do what you need to do but if it's going to be punishable to sell Characters for ingame GP/items, remove the ability to transfer them IMO lol. Mods/Admins shouldn't be saying you'll be punished for selling, you guys should just offer absolutely no help in assisting people to sell characters for example by being a middleman, they shouldn't assist anyone who has been the victim of a scam due to character selling, I can't be the only one out here confused as to why it's not allowed to sell them but we've made forum transfers free of charge and more easily accessible than they've ever been on any server - I thought the whole idea was so people could sell chars

Sorry but personally struggling to see the logic behind it myself, interested to know everyone elses thoughts

Last edited by o0ps13 (17 Mar 2018 13:56)

Turtles

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Transferring characters to other forum accounts was created and allowed simply to have 10 characters per account instead of 5... to lower the amount of forum accounts needed.

The rule has been here forever...   

I personally will not get involved in a "character purchase"   no way would I put myself in the middle of what  95% of the time ends in the original owner taking the account back.. and the buyer acting shocked, and wanting us to get him "his" account and items back.

I'm being honest here when I ask... if everything about this game is so wrong..... just why bother??  For the drama?

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

I've got characters I wanna part with.

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

It just makes no sense to me that you can share accounts, transfer characters from forum to forum but you can't sell them for GP. Honestly I think people will just do it anyway

You shouldn't have to get involved as I suggested, don't offer middleman support, don't offer support if someone gets scammed. Only offer to transfer an account if the person asking for transfer or who's sold/selling the character is the confirmed original owner of the account. I am aware of multiple situations of people giving away their characters then coming back months/years later and taking back the account causing major drama, I'm fully aware but I can't understand how that would be at all relevant if before you transfer the character you confirm that the person doing the transfer is the original owner of the account. See where I'm coming from?

''I'm being honest here when I ask... if everything about this game is so wrong..... just why bother??  For the drama?''

Guessing that's directed at me because when I'm around I make suggestions? Is that not healthy for a server lol, nothing I suggest is for totally personal gain, it's just using my experience and basic logic to come up with ideas that would hopefully boost the player count and make the server more appealing to people who are still sat playing other servers. If it's wrong of me to disagree with certain rules or bits of content and voice my opinion then remove the forums lol I thought that was what they are here for

All I'm saying is I can't begin to really explain how stupid it seems from a player point of view that: You may share your characters and not be punished. You may give away your characters and not be punished. You may transfer characters you own to any forum account. But you can't take money, where and how does that fit in with the other rules lol

Last edited by o0ps13 (17 Mar 2018 15:04)

Turtles

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Character selling has been listed as against the rules... at least as long as I have been here.  Suddenly it's a big issue, simply because it was pointed out..

NO, that was meant for everyone.  It is understandable to want things changed up some etc.  But have you noticed that everyone demands what they want and only what they want.   It's a handful of people.. and each wants something different.

Always ends up in an argument or flame war.  I've rarely, if at all, seen a conversation lead to anything of a mutual agreement on what is needed or wanted. 

So everyone makes their own post, and everyone is different...

How can anyone follow that?    Take a person's  wants, implement them.... move on to the next person, implement their wants.... rinse and repeat until finished.... and in the end, it's all back the way it was .

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

Well I don't think we got any further after that post to be honest. You said it's been against the rules since you've been here - me too, and I've been here 3 and a half years almost now. Does that mean it's logical though? When we consider that when the rule originally was implemented you literally couldn't even share characters, that was against the rules at the time if memory servers me correctly, times have changed, now not only can you share your characters but you can give them away to people or you can have a moderator transfer them to any forum account of your choosing so it honestly baffles me as to why people couldn't accept GP for them too, still not really heard a logical/reasonable explanation from any member of staff regarding the matter

In regards to rest of the post, I understand where you're coming from. some people do make self centered demands that generally only benefit them or an extremely small group of people and yes there's a million different opinions from a million different people which can cause arguments/flaming, I personally think it's a good thing. It shows people are still passionate about this game and the more people that get involved with these discussions whether they be skillers, PKers, PVMers, edgesitters, every opinion and every **** you IMO is important in the end, without these debates and conflicts of interested the game is never going to improve, is it?

This isn't just what I want I'm not the only person questioning why this rule is still a rule, just clearly the only idiot currently with the time, patience or motivation to write posts like this. The subject matter at hand has been causing extreme confusion in Discord and In-game, and rightly so, because the rule stopping them doing what they want to do is outdated considering all the recent changes about giving away characters etc that I mentioned in beginning of my post. I want the game and community to thrive but it's really no surprise to me that it's the same old faces when there's so much stubbornness within the staff team about change and moving forward and when there's stupid rules that contradict themselves

Last edited by o0ps13 (17 Mar 2018 16:04)

Turtles

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Id like to see this happen too!
There is alot of old pkers who will not train any accounts because there is no time in their life for it!
I have alot of old pkers from rsc rscd starkpk on my Skype and hotmail that ive tried getting here and they all said the same thing.  They wont train any chars.  And most of em never got past rscd and starkpk

If there was a way for me to purshase a flat for them with maddogs gp id do it

Last edited by Stolt Archer (17 Mar 2018 19:29)

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Sure sounds self-intersted to me as do most posts by "veterans" here.  If you've got your flats (I'm sure you've got about a dozen), then what do you care other than you want to pad your bank account? 

@maddog, are you serious?  You've  bank standed long enough to make twenty flats lol why not just make one for each of your friends and share them?  You've obviously got the free time m8.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

Eww Bald said:

Sure sounds self-intersted to me as do most posts by "veterans" here.  If you've got your flats (I'm sure you've got about a dozen), then what do you care other than you want to pad your bank account? 

@maddog, are you serious?  You've  bank standed long enough to make twenty flats lol why not just make one for each of your friends and share them?  You've obviously got the free time m8.

Maddog's not even posted here you utter cretin. You literally have 100 posts of nonsense, you should be deleted from my forums immediately. please do everyone a favor and remove yourself from the big boy threads, you're an irrelevant nobody. I don't even have any characters. I don't even play the game at this moment in time. I speak for the people using basic logic as the backbone for my speech and I'm yet to be met with a reasonable explanation as to why you can't accept GP for characters when you can give them away, share them and transfer them for free. All 3 of these already are associated with selling chars. People are selling them already, might as well just allow it. We don't need to ban anyone else from this game in 2018

Turtles

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Should never have been allowed to share accounts. Problem solved earn your keep or dont play. Simple concept and not hard to do even playing 14 hours a week thats 2 hours day u can get things done if your life does not permit enough time well maybe thats telling you something? Some ppl have more time then others for whatever reasons you just find Were you fit in.

Last edited by JediMindTrix (18 Mar 2018 15:53)

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

JediMindTrix said:

Should never have been allowed to share accounts. Problem solved earn your keep or dont play. Simple concept and not hard to do even playing 14 hours a week thats 2 hours day u can get things done if your life does not permit enough time well maybe thats telling you something? Some ppl have more time then others for whatever reasons you just find Were you fit in.

Again, as stated in multiple posts - it is clear to me you do not want this game to grow, you're just happy with it becoming smaller because every suggestion you make indicates that. No account sharing? Are you even aware the sheer scale of people participating in character sharing? It's is almost inevitable this server would have died at least 2 years ago if you were unable to share accounts. Again, jedi, not everyone was or is able to treat this game like a job when they play, going for maximum efficient hours played, maxing 4 accounts like yourself, playing 20 hours a day. Some people have a life and don't use RSCR as somewhere to set goals to make them feel good about themselves, it's a game most people play in their spare time for a laugh. Again, people like you with your attitude is why the community is getting smaller and smaller.

Go ahead, I agree with Jedi, +1 - remove character sharing, remove ability to transfer accounts from forum to forum. Don't let anyone give away their accounts. Don't let anyone play another server, if you find out they are, ban them, they aren't loyal they don't deserve to play at RSCRevolution! This is exactly the kind of attitude we need to carry into 2019 and beyond so this game succeeds! When only Tomster and Jedi are left playing, RSCR will finally have become great again. +1 jedi!

Turtles

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

I did everything the fastest way possible. The community can easly grow faster if THE RIGHT PEOPLE WERE RUNNING THINGS. if i had a server id offer TRANSFERS why u ask because i wanna steal ppl from other servers so they would only play mine. I know how to excute it and make it work. I tried helping this server once then a queer took over. Now a b sanders freak is in place. I aint helping if this server dies i could careless ill play until its no more.
NOTHING LAST FOREVER try and understand that.

Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

And actually theres been a strong 100 plus aday for months now just not everyone wants to pk because that is just not a big part of the game. Theres staking,merchanting,quest services,skilling and on and on. Just keep the cursed armor shit running 24/7 and watch how boring pking gets 17 years and i still overstand it all

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

I did this. I did that, I could do this if, I could do that if. A lot of talking there mate. So you applied 6 times for mod, didn't get accepted - you threw countless idea's at n0m that got ignored, Billy and Kleio got put in the drivers seat and you don't like that and this is your little way of throwing your toys out the pram right? Defacing threads with valid points and ideas saying you don't care if the game dies while we're all here discussing how it can grow. Totally unnecessary, you are cancer. And in both your posts I didn't see anything to do with character selling, your posts were totally out of context to original and other posts, just drunk dope sick self centered type rambling

Enjoyed the fake numbers statistics etc too btw, because that's definitely 100 unique people etc. Lots of skilling wooo, what happens if there's no PKing to use up the supplies though? Without more people on the scene this slowly starts to happen, your poor bank Jedi it will be worth nothing sad all those super pots mate what you gonna do with them? Kill KBD? Sounds fun.

Offer transfers and legitimize sale of characters and the economy will come alive like never seen before. Maddog could buy 1000 flats accounts if he really wanted to. He could supply 100 people with 10 flats each. Those accounts will need supplying, that's a lot of farming and skilling to be done, benefiting the economy. Do nothing and PKing will remain stale and so will the economy, the server isn't getting any bigger currently it's getting smaller.

jedi please don't post again unless you're going to discuss the matter at hand, nobody wants to hear your drunk ramblings about how you're sad Billy and N0m never made you an admin and dismissed most your ideas

Turtles

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

JediMindTrix said:

As i said run 24/7. Curse warrior for 1 month thats 30 days and you will understand why pking pretty much wont go anywhere. Thats why rscrevolution abandon runetek version 1 young grass hoppa btw woudlnt wanna be admin actually never wanted too because i am doing my own thing...lol win xp uk shit

Out of context post has been reported, please reply with valid and relevant points to the topic at hand or not at all, thanks man! Have a great day

Turtles

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

The only reason you need flats accts is because lvl 40 gets jumped by lvl 50 etc. up to flats.  Make it harder to train accts and pking will be better at lower lvls.  Why did I get into lvl 25 str pures and baby mages back in the day?  Because I could make one in a week with 30 mins a day to play and actually support my pking with 30 mins a day. 

People don't have time to train flats because they have lives as any 25-30 year old should.  Screw all the flats and multis they aren't doing any good just preventing normal people from pking.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

am legend Send PM

Yeah if sharing accounts is allowed on here? and people can give accounts away and shit ( People are also selling them for $ all the time) why not let people sell them for in game gp, would be a great way to get gp for them who have alot of time in their hands, and a way for people to pk who does not have the time to train that much..

Every server people has sold accounts for gp it has just been a good thing, let people do it on their own, if u get fucked over well then thats too bad and your own fault, mods dont have to deal with that.

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

-1 bad idea

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

JediMindTrix said:

Agree shared accounts destroys the wild

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Hi, just to clarify, the staff can assist you with transferring any character you created, between any of your forum accounts that you created. We don't support account transferring between players, because that would be a way for players to securely enforce character selling which is against our rules.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol