Limit Auctions please

Player avatar

Chedster Send PM

I was browsing the auction house and I seen someone was selling close to 1300 uncut dragonstones.  1300!!! Thats ridiculous.  Its not just crafting reagents its ores fish etc. I know I have seen people selling sharks and swordfish by the thousands!! I mean how the fuck can you expect to sell any of your shit when you have to compete with a flooded market?? I suggest a limit. No one should be allowed to sell that damn many of a particular item all at once. For one it drives down prices and two it makes it difficult for anyone else trying to sell the same thing.  Believe or not I think their is a proposal from moderators on rscrevolution 3 to limit selling options because of this very reason. In fact I believe old school already has a limit in place. We honestly dont have enough players to regulate this kind of massive supply and demand

Last edited by Chedster (24 Feb 2018 16:47)

Player avatar

Mod Rotta Send PM

I agree, limiting the sales would be good and fair thing to do towards everyone except the big sellers. I personally dislike strongly this type of players who bot... I mean play so much that they got thousands and thousands of item(s) to sell.
They lower the item prices so unbelievably much just to get them sold faster and this causes the economy go down to the sewers and leaves everyone else who plays legit... I mean less harder to earn their money with the items they try to sell.

+1

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Marketing 101.  Hold back sales, so that the demand is high.  Then flood the market, and get your asking price.

Sidenote.... Because someone has a ton of something , does not mean they are a botter...

Player avatar

King Joffrey Send PM

Mod Rotta said:

I agree, limiting the sales would be good and fair thing to do towards everyone except the big sellers. I personally dislike strongly this type of players who bot... I mean play so much that they got thousands and thousands of item(s) to sell.
They lower the item prices so unbelievably much just to get them sold faster and this causes the economy go down to the sewers and leaves everyone else who plays legit... I mean less harder to earn their money with the items they try to sell.

+1

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

+1
Merching is not good for this economy and is discouraging to new players.  Merching is another explanation for players having thousands of an item.  However, I do believe it only takes a short amount of time get a lot of stuff through botting so this is also a good explanation.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Vanillacoke Send PM

If someone is selling 100k uncuts for 2k-5k less than market value buy em all and resell for normal price. It only drives down the market if people let it. If you limit items, people that farm 100k of one thing will start farming all items then it will lower all the economy. So punishing all wouldnt be of much use. Plus it probably took them months too farm that many anyways. Or you could just hang onto them because someone will buy those 100k uncuts and skyrocket price then you could jump in and sell for more than you would have. Its common sense really. Many alternatives. Should start trying before you convince yourself there is nothing you can do about it.

Player avatar

Vanillacoke Send PM

Merching is just another form of farming. Yes they mess up the economy but they also but 10+ of one item and usually run out of gp and are forced to sell some for less than they paid. And besides, if no one pays the skyrocketed priced they will go back down in a day or two. Many people play this game because your not forced to do one thing for money. If you start limiting what players can do for income than the best gp per hour methods will be overstocked and unfarmable. Which will lead to more people becoming lazy & merching.

Player avatar

Cartmen Send PM

Mod Pepsi said:

Marketing 101.  Hold back sales, so that the demand is high.  Then flood the market, and get your asking price.

Sidenote.... Because someone has a ton of something , does not mean they are a botter...

I like his attitude... you never know he might just be really boring and love to collect the same item.... haha what need to be done is a max of 6 different items....  see the same 5 people posting thousands of items and it seems odd or rigged in a way... but yeah 24 hour wait after post till auto post and max 6 items a time... just like the ge

** but maaaaaaaaa*

Player avatar

Alikben1 Send PM

subscriber

If you limit ah we would simply sell thru multiple chars.end of story

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtvph_0EfnUoRet965eMm6xXYNSWuDN6DaG8sMDQsxjRg8kfxF[/img]

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Sorry man but I got to disagree with this. I can kind of see where you're coming from, but....

Let's keep the free market free. Period.

Player avatar

ConeyMontana Send PM

subscriber100donor

King Joffrey said:

Mod Rotta said:

+1

..... so a mod is saying that he dislikes players who bot.. wait he “means” got thousands of items. So you dislike me because ive mined over 100k coal? ?

#1 MINER

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Chedster said:

I was browsing the auction house and I seen someone was selling close to 1300 uncut dragonstones.  1300!!! Thats ridiculous.  Its not just crafting reagents its ores fish etc. I know I have seen people selling sharks and swordfish by the thousands!! I mean how the fuck can you expect to sell any of your shit when you have to compete with a flooded market?? I suggest a limit. No one should be allowed to sell that damn many of a particular item all at once. For one it drives down prices and two it makes it difficult for anyone else trying to sell the same thing.  Believe or not I think their is a proposal from moderators on rscrevolution 3 to limit selling options because of this very reason. In fact I believe old school already has a limit in place. We honestly dont have enough players to regulate this kind of massive supply and demand

Those are my 1300 D stones, Eat a dick
They are mine to sell ill sell as much shit as I want, or ill just spam chat PRESSS 123 TO BUY 1300 D STONES!!!!!!!
RS2/Rs3 went to shit when they started to control the market it was fucking dumb limiting trades, setting values on items.

Anyway If there is a limit, we will just make more accounts to post more.

I agree with you for a limit of bull shit, people spamming tunas at 199.99k all day that makes no sense.
But to cry about the amount of stuff and try to control its value by limits is idiotic.

Side note about a mod mentioning thousand of items due to botters, how dumb does that look? Or how bad does that make N0m and Billy look for not catching these bots? They are not botters his English doesn't seem that good don't worry about his foolish remark he is wrong.

Also the economy is in shit because of all the events, double exp eggs in super excess and clue scrolls, reaper and holiday event in fluxing so many items.
I buy items at or below High alch value all day on AH, that's when you know there's too much shit in the game

Last edited by runeknight95 (4 Mar 2018 07:54)

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

How are events ruining the economy?  The prizes come from our personal banks, unless a player donates something from theirs.

Player avatar

Basedx Send PM

subscriber

I fished my shit and cooked it myself with hours of work. I've been playing for 2 weeks and have 3 characters with plat + gold. Put in the work and you get money. This is rscrevolution how are you surprised people farm up large amounts of items? Some of this shit like fish don't have any buy limits on osrs/rs3 GE.

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Mod Pepsi said:

How are events ruining the economy?  The prizes come from our personal banks, unless a player donates something from theirs.

Reaper, grinch etc.
Not donated events sorry for confusion

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO