Deadman Mode

Player avatar

sadie Send PM

subscriber

deadmen should be attackable by regular players in wild.

-they're filling up training spots and us regular players cannot fight for spots.
-ironmen can be attacked in wild, why should deadmen get more protection if ironman is harder?
should be regular wild rules of course.

Some of us do not want to play deadman and should not be effected by them. it's supposed to have no bearing on economy, regular game play, etc. If we cant farm fire giants in castle because 3 deadmen are there hoarding them, then wtf do you think is going to happen to the economy? fix pls.

Player avatar

The Serpent Send PM

I disagree with that normal characters should be able to kill deadman and vic versa.

This is one of the flaws with RSC in general that the map level cannot have instances for individual player or player types, only interaction on one map level for all. (if instances were possible, it be easy to make a wilderness clone but just for deadman)

I agree that the introduction of DMM has crowded resources/training spots, I believe the wilderness should not be accessible to DM  and that there should be new "Dead Zones" that have resources/training spots located throughout the world that promotes gatherings of DM characters and increases pvp. At the moment the map is so big that its pretty safe to skill/train.

Player avatar

Uncle Send PM

I also dont agree with them fighting each other. If the deadman training at npcs were regular accounts, 95% of the time youd leave them alone or they would kill you anyway.

Most pking takes place in the wilderness any how, minus finding a random skiller some times. If its deadman vs regular accounts, there is no reason to be a deadman. No one wants to walk the entire map, outside wilderness for an hour to find a miner in some dungeon with no gear. Just and easy kill, then another hour of wandering.

Only about 5 or 6 accounts who actually fight. These are the ones training in wilderness. If you could fight them, they would just bring all their alts and friends. Then you would just be waiting for them to log out anyways, before you could get your turn to farm. Fire giants are always aggro, with a few other places to farm.

It would be forcing an account type, meant for pking to skill and quest just to be able to get good loot that they can lose easier than any other account.

I still actively pk on my regular accounts and i have not ran into any scenario that i needed a spot to train that was full of normal accounts or reg accs.

Please join us on Discord to keep in touch and quicker support.

https://discord.gg/cpx6Y44

Player avatar

eloquentbank Send PM

subscriber

Farm fire giants at waterfall Like the good old days

Player avatar

jukebox Send PM

subscriber

No one who i dont give permission to are allowed to farm castle, dmm nor reg. Buy a pass or gtfo

Player avatar

Mod Cash Send PM

mod

eloquentbank said:

So you mean this should apply to the deadmen too right? Castle is a deadman only spot now?
Can't be one sided about it.

I think anyone should be able to be attacked in the wilderness.. The literal point of the wild is it's supposed to be a scary place where anything can happen.. Make it so deadmen don't lose their stuff or stats when they die to reg accounts, idc about that but the wilderness is wilderness. It should be common sense that it is a dangerous place.

I was in high wild myself yesterday and there were deadmen just hanging out getting the wild xp bonus, worry free. They know that they have no threats.. Just free xp bonus, better training spots, the agility course (On top of already having double XP rates than reg accounts) and this isn't how it should be.. You should be looking over your shoulder in the wild at all times. Not be care free cause you know that no one can attack you and the rest of the deadmen aren't leaving the normal world.

I really feel like it is common sense that the wild should be a scary place and not only a training ground. It is WILDERNESS.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/MHnkLqY.png[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Mod Cash said:

eloquentbank said:

So you mean this should apply to the deadmen too right? Castle is a deadman only spot now?
Can't be one sided about it.

I think anyone should be able to be attacked in the wilderness.. The literal point of the wild is it's supposed to be a scary place where anything can happen.. Make it so deadmen don't lose their stuff or stats when they die to reg accounts, idc about that but the wilderness is wilderness. It should be common sense that it is a dangerous place.

I was in high wild myself yesterday and there were deadmen just hanging out getting the wild xp bonus, worry free. They know that they have no threats.. Just free xp bonus, better training spots, the agility course (On top of already having double XP rates than reg accounts) and this isn't how it should be.. You should be looking over your shoulder in the wild at all times. Not be care free cause you know that no one can attack you and the rest of the deadmen aren't leaving the normal world.

I really feel like it is common sense that the wild should be a scary place and not only a training ground. It is WILDERNESS.

+1 by all means give them some better deadman only training spots outta wild

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

jukebox said:

No one who i dont give permission to are allowed to farm castle, dmm nor reg. Buy a pass or gtfo

Except k1ng strike, he sells u castle passes wink

Player avatar

jukebox Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

jukebox said:

Except k1ng strike, he sells u castle passes wink

There are one or two exceptions who cant be dealt with wink

Last edited by jukebox (11 Aug 2017 14:02)

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

Wild is dangerous, there is a warning sign before you enter it. It should apply to all and every accounts. It does for ironmen, should also apply to deadman. Not happy? GTFO of wild.

Rest in peace Eric. You will Always remembered. May you guard Wilderness forever
-Baphomet, Smokablunt, BluntToker, Annabelle and many more.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Don't wanna close off wildy from deadman because then they wouldn't be able to do certain clues from the forthcoming treasure trails. But deadman vs normal PK is definitely something we've been wondering about so please give me your enlightened thoughts on these options.

Option 0 - Change nothing and force normal PKers to make deadmen

Option 1 - Make normals able to kill dm and vice versa in wilderness, provided:
a) Deadmen lose less XP than if they died to dm? No XP? and,
b) dmm loot doesn't appear to normals and normals loot doesn't appear to dms
Basically beefing and banning but no looting between types.

Option 2 -  Make normals able to kill dm and vice versa in wilderness, but:
a) If killed by opposite player type you teleport to spawn instead of dying

Option 3 - Random Events
a) Deadmen in wilderness occasionally get caught by guards which chase them out

Option 4 - Something else you thought of
a) ???

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

The Serpent Send PM

Billy said:

Don't wanna close off wildy from deadman because then they wouldn't be able to do certain clues from the forthcoming treasure trails. But deadman vs normal PK is definitely something we've been wondering about so please give me your enlightened thoughts on these options.

Option 3 - Random Events

a) ???

Option 2 would be the best overall outcome, no xp/item loss for either player and the dead player has to walk all the way back to the training spot.

Make normal & deadman mode characters spawn on karamja island (they'll need to pick 10 bananas to get 30gp to board the boat :>)

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

The Serpent said:

Billy said:

Option 3 - Random Events

a) ???

Option 2 would be the best overall outcome, no xp/item loss for either player and the dead player has to walk all the way back to the training spot.

Make normal & deadman mode characters spawn on karamja island (they'll need to pick 10 bananas to get 30gp to board the boat :>)

Haha I love the karamja idea, but people paid 2m to spawn in Edge so can't be done unluckily xD
On topic, option 2. but people get loots... Not bank loots like DMM vs DMM, but inventory loots, like usual PKing. It's a question of time before DMM catch up regulars, don't worry bout it. I recall when I started here and it was brand new, there were 2 teams, and the biggest one online chased the other out of wild. Then it turned into a huge war, and shit tons pf PK when it was even. It's pretty similar: All DMM have regular friends or accounts, that will just spark PKing up in training spots for everyone, on all accounts.
i.e: DMM lvl 60 train beside a lvl 100. He couldn't ban him from spot to get more exp. He calls friends, or switch to reg alt. Lvl 100 do the same. Then it gets more accounts in wild, and more action. 2 More skulled accounts right there, that will bring more people that will to come pk them. People that doesn't want to worry bout that are free to train outside of wild... Like regulars and ironmen.

Last edited by Badboy666 (12 Aug 2017 04:46)

Rest in peace Eric. You will Always remembered. May you guard Wilderness forever
-Baphomet, Smokablunt, BluntToker, Annabelle and many more.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

jukebox Send PM

subscriber

It will be very hard to know ppl not xfering shit between reg and dm this way, how do we sort that out?
If thats sorted:

Fight between no xp loose, but u loose your shit.

And. Deadman wilderness levels needs redone. Atm deadman can attack (and be attacked) higher and lower lvls than reg chars due to it beeing distance to closest bank rathen than wildy lvl.

Also. Deadman apart from bank should start counting from 10+/10- and not 1. The real world is way to safe.
Let ppl with skull be attacked anywhere and by anyone cb doesnt mather.
Let ppl with skull use the banks but can be attacked by dms

Last edited by jukebox (12 Aug 2017 09:50)

Player avatar

sadie Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Option 3 - Random Events

a) ???

Option 1 B

Player avatar

sadie Send PM

subscriber

Loot in bag should drop

Loot should not show to killer

No xp losses

Death should count as kdr

Option 2 mixed w option 1b

Player avatar

jossan Send PM

subscriber

No. This idea is very bad, Don't ever make regular and DM interact with eachother

1. There are plenty of more lvling spots for everyone to enjoy already this is not a problem stop saying it is.
2. Keeping the gamemodes separated. This change that we're discussing will a 100% end up with a "Protect your dms in wild with ur reg accs" clown fiesta. were having a good deadman account will have no impact because wildy is the Place you have to be and everyones regular will gun for your ass.

I don't know what is good with this idea. Other then that reg wants more lvling spots. which they actually don't. anyway, Don't make this change it's gonna suck ass

Player avatar

Walking Dead Send PM

subscriber

jossan said:

No. This idea is very bad, Don't ever make regular and DM interact with eachother

1. There are plenty of more lvling spots for everyone to enjoy already this is not a problem stop saying it is.
2. Keeping the gamemodes separated. This change that we're discussing will a 100% end up with a "Protect your dms in wild with ur reg accs" clown fiesta. were having a good deadman account will have no impact because wildy is the Place you have to be and everyones regular will gun for your ass.

I don't know what is good with this idea. Other then that reg wants more lvling spots. which they actually don't. anyway, Don't make this change it's gonna suck ass

Because you are in WILDERNESS. Get the fuck out if you don't want interaction, simple as that. You dare coming up, face the risks. That's the only way PK'ing will spark up. I am a deadman and I approve reg vs DM interaction in wild.. cuz its wilderness after all.

Last edited by Walking Dead (12 Aug 2017 16:12)

Player avatar

White Walker Send PM

So, any loot based option, and those supporting it - just want to push items through their primary to their secondary - isn't that blatantly obvious?

Allow them to fight us, if they die/we die, port out, no xp loss, no loot loss - etc, unless dying to a DM.