Keep us updated..

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

So it's no secret that RSCR is suffering from delays in game. There's been numerous discussions about it, but no official word from the big man as to the cause/cure or even if it's being worked on. This is a massive deal and really should be a priority fix over anything else.
It's been going on for quite some time now and needs to be addressed. Is the cause known? Is it due to be fixed? Any ETA? It's making pking horrendous for many people.

Best Ninja

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Shinobi said:

So it's no secret that RSCR is suffering from delays in game. There's been numerous discussions about it, but no official word from the big man as to the cause/cure or even if it's being worked on. This is a massive deal and really should be a priority fix over anything else.
It's been going on for quite some time now and needs to be addressed. Is the cause known? Is it due to be fixed? Any ETA? It's making pking horrendous for many people.

I've been trying different tweaks to server almost daily regarding this issue. Takes time to figure out what is actually causing it. I have to ask, does it happen more in areas with more players?

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

Shinobi said:

I've been trying different tweaks to server almost daily regarding this issue. Takes time to figure out what is actually causing it.

Thanks for replying, it's strange it only started since the Halloween update dropped though. Was flawless before.

Best Ninja

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Shinobi said:

n0m said:

Shinobi said:

I've been trying different tweaks to server almost daily regarding this issue. Takes time to figure out what is actually causing it.

Thanks for replying, it's strange it only started since the Halloween update dropped though. Was flawless before.

I'll have to check what I have changed on that patch then..

Player avatar

knack baby Send PM

subscriber

It isn't a patch thing, I've actually felt the delay months ago, it just seems out of sync, combat anyways

Some people know more then you, and i'm one of them.
[img]https://images.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDY3NjE3ODI1NDk1NDQ5NjAvMjYyNDc2NDM2NjAwOTEzOTIxL1ZFTlQuanBnIn0.qphFDhO8hZjWCmnyxt7mEr7jG5s[/img]

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

knack baby said:

It isn't a patch thing, I've actually felt the delay months ago, it just seems out of sync, combat anyways

It's never been like this, only since after Halloween did it start. The server used to run smoothly.
It must be either something from that patch or an issue with the current host.

Best Ninja

Player avatar

knack baby Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

n0m said:

Shinobi said:

I'll have to check what I have changed on that patch then..

Might be a 4 fold problem, ofc just my 2cents i dont really know anything lol

I think reverting to preference movement over processes is one part - The numbers and events happening out of sync with animations

I think either halloween update or new dedi is another part (These 2 things happened close to each other so could be either one, but i think halloween update was before) - and i think this part is related to the jittering/stuttering/flickering of character movement sometimes

3rdly there might be a scaleability issue aswell with the coding, as the server seems to be two completely different worlds going from 40 players online to 100+ players in terms of responsiveness, unless it's a hardware issue?

And lastly i just think a lot of people have a tendency to get into bad rhythms movement wise with the ticks, where they get the full 700ms+ duration before refresh on each consecutive click for a while

yeah really messes with us folks from a decade of muscle memory pking. its easily tracked by a keen eye

[img]https://images.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDY3NjE3ODI1NDk1NDQ5NjAvMjYyNDc2NDM2NjAwOTEzOTIxL1ZFTlQuanBnIn0.qphFDhO8hZjWCmnyxt7mEr7jG5s[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

It only happened since halloween, it was nothing to do with server move.

I really believe it's the client and not the server as reloading fixes it for a few minutes and not everyone is suffering.

Last edited by Nyx (1 Dec 2016 08:43)

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

I really didn't change much in server core for halloween update, the tick rate seems to be constant 600-650ms always but the delay is still there. You can monitor the client update rate if you run the client from command prompt. I think the problem might be clientside instead.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

How do we do that? and is there a debug client?

Player avatar

rsclassicftw Send PM

subscriber

The issue is definitely client sided. XP and things like that are calculated by the server which is why it shows up before a monster/player is even killed.

n0m,

Can you still log in on an old client and test. I know an updater is set up to force us to update to the latest revision, but that's the best way to test.

Chars: Rsclassicftw // Billy Idol
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/zwgmz5.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Honestly i would sooner just have the equipment tab and all updates since haloween removed and let us have old client back, then re add them after proper testing or not at all.

The game isn't enjoyable anymore as a result of this.

Player avatar

knack baby Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

Honestly i would sooner just have the equipment tab and all updates since haloween removed and let us have old client back, then re add them after proper testing or not at all.

agree

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

Nailed it +1

Best Ninja

Player avatar

noobsrus Send PM

subscriber

Areas with more trees are worse for me. In dungeons my fps doubles. We had a 33 event in an area surrounded by trees had to zoom all the way in and turn on fog of war to even get above 10fps

Android player.

Players don't seem to bother me.

Seems like npc's have a slight effect as well. When I walk in a bank I am hit with a lag. If no trees or npc and only other players around it works great

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

It's not really fps issue it's about the delay

Player avatar

illllllllllllllllllllllll Send PM

subscriber

Yes, i'm also having delays since the halloween update, playing from the UK.

Used to be able to 1 square and move smoothly, feels like both host & code has been changed.  Its almost like playing over at that other server regarding the smoothness now.

Player avatar

illllllllllllllllllllllll Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

illllllllllllllllllllllll said:

Yes, i'm also having delays since the halloween update, playing from the UK.

Used to be able to 1 square and move smoothly, feels like both host & code has been changed.  Its almost like playing over at that other server regarding the smoothness now.

That's one of the first things i said, not since halloween though, only since few days ago. The animations vs processes thing

feels like turnip now with the sync problems and little spikes

Yup, definitely agree, can feel the difference..  Its like its the same source as turnip now.  Doesn't have the RSCA/RSCR kinda movement now...

EDIT: Since I started playing I have NEVER had walkbacks either when spam clicking, I get that now.  Defo a difference with something wether its in the code or whatever I don't know.

Last edited by illllllllllllllllllllllll (1 Dec 2016 22:51)