Putting RS2 Items into RSC

Player avatar

Sisco84 Send PM

subscriber

Are people vehemently against adding new items to the game from RS2? I'm curious what the general consensus that people think. I'd love to have Full dragon armor in RSC, but if we can't / won't, I'm fine with that too. I just want to know if people are adamantly for sticking to the roots? or trying some new things. Thoughts?

Last edited by Sisco84 (23 Oct 2016 20:10)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Si2DE4H.png[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

I think people want new, but its a balance for pking.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Mainframe Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

I think people want new, but its a balance for pking.

To add to Nyx' statement, I agree.

I'd also like to see them adding items that help and reward skilling and combat training, rather than having the flat x2 and x8 experience increase.
The entire skilling and training process could be made into one where the experience snowballs as you advance and learn new things. Just as it does with the new batching system. I really like that feature.

One example from RS2 is Ring of Forging, which reduced the chance of a failing when smelting iron ore. Another could be the Brackish Blade, which was better for killing dragons, than most weapons.

Some simple mods:

• Ruby Ring gives 100% to refining iron, or reduce the coal requirements to 50%. (Mithril would require 2 coal per bar, etc.)

• Emerald Ring gives a chance of obtaining double ores and exp when mining.

• Jungle boots require X level crafting and X level Herblaw, when worn gives higher chance of finding high level herbs.

This would be a big task, but adding experience gains this way would be a way to normalize the experience in the low levels and having something to look forward to as you level up. In the end of this process, you could state that the server is now 1x, but with heavy modifications.

Basically, the experience rate is x1, but the new features added make it the equivalent of x2 or x8 for combat.

If you need more specific ideas dont hesitate to PM me smile

Last edited by Mainframe (23 Oct 2016 22:36)

Player avatar

MyDanny Send PM

subscriber

I really like what MainFrame stated above. Some new content is needed to keep players interest not only in the game but in this server as well. Thank you MainFrame for such a wonderful post.

[img]http://www.auplod.com/u/uoldap8c27e.png[/img]

Player avatar

Xpansion Send PM

subscriber

This server (over a year ago) agreed to implement god-trim armour and treasure trails.
The treasure trail part of this update seems to be what's holding it up. I would like to see god trim / trimmed armour in the game as rare drops...

my suggestion to Billy was this: to get trimmed armour into the game, forget about the treasure trail update for now. Just make a Revenant that wanders the ENTIRE WILDY, that you can hunt for god/trim armour pieces. This would revive the wilderness a lot, and give all players a reason to go there.

As for stats, I'd suggest that trim armour only add a small pray bonus - other than that, same defence stats as the usual armour.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

people are whiny bitches who cant accept the fact that this game needs new life brought into it. they want new players sooooo bad but refuse to accept that things have to change, and that includes EXPANDING THE GAME BEYOND FUCKING RUNE ARMOR.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

GLeU said:

people are whiny bitches who cant accept the fact that this game needs new life brought into it. they want new players sooooo bad but refuse to accept that things have to change, and that includes EXPANDING THE GAME BEYOND FUCKING RUNE ARMOR.

This 100% RSC is boring after you play it for 10 years plus with little to no updates.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

We loved RSC but we all also loved it when they updated RSC, the game should try and add logical updates as rscrevolution would of if they didn't do RS2

Player avatar

tavihaan Send PM

subscriber

Some kind of new boss smile

Player avatar

Sisco84 Send PM

subscriber

I'm seeing all great ideas in this thread. My problem is, I have been playing for 4 days. I now have full Rune armor (including plate) and DLong. My only upgrades to look forward to are Drag Square, Drag Axe, and Drag Med. I have to imagine if I were in a year from now, having maxed out almost 4 days in would be pretty boring moving forward. I really like how Nyx put it, to release updates somewhat similarly to what rscrevolution would have done if RS2 never happened.

I also really liked what Mainframe had to say too. I'm still skilling at a relatively low level, so I would assume that those things would be more in my peripheral if I were like most of you are and dealing with it consistently.

Last edited by Sisco84 (24 Oct 2016 14:50)

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Regarding new items or new stats or something not related to the old rsc original..let's face it we have gone past the old rsc replica..I think it's really time n0m, mods, community come together and start a pole on what's been spoke about most. As long has it doesn't have a negative effect overall. Iv always been against New items but iv since changed my mind..I'm opened minded to changes or new items and content as long as most of the player base agree. With risk sometimes comes reward...we could always removed updates/items if they had to for whatever reason.

Last edited by padwan121 (24 Oct 2016 14:51)

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

Sisco84 Send PM

subscriber

padwan121 said:

Regarding new items or new stats or something not related to the old rsc original..let's face it we have gone past the old rsc replica..I think it's really time n0m, mods, community come together and start a pole on what's been spoke about most. As long has it doesn't have a negative effect overall. Iv always been against New items but iv since changed my mind..I'm opened minded to changes or new items and content as long as most of the player base agree. With risk sometimes comes reward...we could always removed updates/items if they had to for whatever reason.

A poll is a great idea. We obviously don't want to upset the player base, but if a vast majority wants it? I'm not trying to rock the boat so early, but I have been talking to a lot of people in my short time here, and have been hearing a lot of the same things.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

Lmao. all the wannabe pkers in one single post, all coming together to make the game just a little bit dumber.

The game already wasnt even balanced for p2p as it is, but now you want to take it further from that pile of shit?

If you reduced all weapon power and aim across the board, and made dragon the new Rune, then fine, lol, no one would give a shit then, but other than that fuck outta here pl0x

I honestly can't wait to 3hit u to lummyexpress..the only way you will be fighting me is no doubt multil log..#say no more

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Simple solution, is to add dragon armor, weapons, new ammies, but make them really expensive so people don't want to use in the wild and disable protect items on them.

If your talking 1 mill + for each item would do the trick.

Player avatar

Sisco84 Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

3 hits are the most undeserved kills there is, and introducing Dragon shit would just make it worse, unless the focus was solely on defensive capabilities with 0 added damage. (which is not what i'm hearing from the Dragon crowd)

I am actually totally okay with this, and would in fact help cure some of the 3 hit kills I would assume? I don't PK, so it's a bit foreign.

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

Engaging gameplay is made when the player experiences rewards and punishments according to their inputs.

If you make a great play, you should be rewarded for it. If you make a bad one, you should be punished for it.

Currently on p2p, there are almost as many bad plays claiming victory as good ones, leaving you feeling largely detached from the action, because nothing you do really matters THAT much anyway. Most of the time you're just crossing fingers that you don't get randomly 3 hit from 99hp on anything below flats. Hell, even on flats it happens often enough to be frustrating.

3 hits are the most undeserved kills there is, and introducing Dragon shit would just make it worse, unless the focus was solely on defensive capabilities with 0 added damage. (which is not what i'm hearing from the Dragon crowd)

The trouble with giving the masses what they want, is that the masses are largely uninsightful

A person can be smart, people in general are stupid

This is funny coming from one who thinks it's ok to multilog? Don't u see the negative impact it has in the wilderness? Hmmm and your worryed about losing pixcels and getting frustrated from the concept of dieing? U could clean me of my bank *example* if we were fighting one v one per say so be it. You basically think Dragon armour with better defensive bonus is ok but not weapons..#no logic..it certainly does not have to be op stats power/aim wise.

Last edited by padwan121 (24 Oct 2016 15:36)

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

If you reduced all weapon power and aim across the board, and made dragon the new Rune, then fine, lol, no one would give a shit then, but other than that fuck outta here pl0x

I'd be down with this. I havent been into 3hitting pking since 2004. I'd love new weapons and content and stat readjustments if it means bringing rsc into a new future.

Another option is to code armor into increasing your maximum hits levels to compensate for increase damage output.

Player avatar

Sisco84 Send PM

subscriber

h9kR4rI.png

Dragon Legs and Chain design.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

GLeU said:

I'd be down with this. I havent been into 3hitting pking since 2004. I'd love new weapons and content and stat readjustments if it means bringing rsc into a new future.

Another option is to code armor into increasing your maximum hits levels to compensate for increase damage output.

This is what I was thinking armor that gave you more HP along with defense.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Au2er Send PM

subscriber

If you introduce more powerful weapons and armor then you have to remove/increase the level cap... making higher HP possible.  And the max hit of whatever new weapons needs to obviously be less or equal to a third of the max HP.  Making 3 hits rare.

team australia

F2p wild 24/7 below the fence please.