What would "I feel motivated in RSCR again!" look like, or require?

Player avatar

CrohnsKid Send PM

subscriber

What would "I feel motivated in RSCR again!" look like, or require?

RscR needs some progression. Where is the Revolution? So far all I see is RscReplica, with some improvements. Just like RSC most updates need to be geared towards the wilderness to make the game still be RSC. But the Pk'ers are pretty adamant about not changing anything to do with Pk'ing. Here are my opinions on what needs to be added to make this server perfect and the order of how much it adds to the QoL of the game.

1) Equipment tab
I have seen it on many servers over the years. It only changes Pk'ing a little by giving them a few more extra Inventory spaces. By adding a Equipment tab it cleans up our inventory and gives skillers more inventory.

Slayer
Slayer will add so much to the game for skillers and PvM. It will change Pking. Slayer can add more training spots with better loot for the average player. Have a few added areas outside the wilderness but all the Higher level slayer monsters areas inside the wilderness. Also utilize existing training areas like *slay 102 otherworldly beings*.  This will give Pk'ers some more action. Also add some more top end gear. In other servers they get to crazy with changing the game. I dont think we should here. I'd say that with slayer, the only gear that should be added is to finish the dragon set. I have been working on and testing the numbers of what the stats should be for the rest of Dragon gear. Dragon chain (no pl8, itll be to high def). dragon platelegs. dragon short.  Dragon 2h (itll make new max hit 37)  As far as sprites  for new slayer NPC's, you could even use existing Sprites.

Agility additions
Agility needs better and faster ways to train. Either up the EXP or add another course or 2. Also there should be Agility shortcuts to make agility worth it. An example *taverly dungeon shortcut to Blue dragons, LVL req- 80*.

Clues
Give players something to do. Get as drops of course. Can add new cosmetics like flowers and boater hats. Maybe some cool looking robes. How about some new staffs like Lava (fire/earth), Mud (water earth) steam (air fire) mist (air water)  or maybe add nothing but the clues themselves and just give existing loot as rewards. Example *50 unicorn horns, 15 diamonds, ect*

Range changes
This idea may be good or not and would probably stir things up more than the others but its still a cool idea to consider i think. Make Range work inside combat.  Add range armours and give the armours/bows a range stat.

Last edited by CrohnsKid (12 Oct 2016 00:13)

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

There are threads on all these please add to existing threads before creating new ones.

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

CrohnsKid Send PM

subscriber

I keep editing this one. Sorry for making a new thread. Ill keep that in mind for future threads after this one.

Player avatar

Xpansion Send PM

subscriber

equipment tab is a bad idea. would change PvP and PvM entirely. 1def pker with no armour gets to have more food than his armoured opponent. this is a dynamic that has existed for 15 years in RSC. When it comes to PvM its going to give you more kills per trips, more loot per trip. you've already got a higher exp rate (10x + with sub) and increased drop rates on this server.  But you want to change a fundamental aspect of the game to make it even easier? seriously just go play rs3...

with that said, slayer skill would probably be cool. dunno if I would do it much, but I'm sure others would enjoy it. New bosses has been a fun aspect on other servers. something like a revenant or chaotic imp that wanders the entire wildy... it did draw people out to the wild

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Since u want to copy and paste this everywhere I will copy and paste my response

Equipment tab absolutely not, this changes the fundamentals of pking and skilling. Play osrs  they have one there.

Absolutely no xp increases the rates are already too high.

Slayer go play osrs come up with something creative for rsc. Same for ranged I am pretty sure you just wish osrs was on mobile from your stances.

Agility more shortcuts and training courses sure. Xp can stay the same if there was actually incentive to train it, it would he nice to have a skill that actually took some effort to lvl.

Clue scrolls are in the works as is god armor however it is on hold due to the vast amount of sprite work involved. Again this is too rs2 for me but whatever.

There are some okay ideas here but the reality is there is no cure. Times change people grow older and move on different players like different things and the drama will always be there. If anything I think adding more content and incentive to explore the game and actually attain high levels would bring more life. As it stands we are all so used to the way the game works what it has to offer the best ways to lvl etc.

Think of it as a relationship when we first started the game was new and exciting we were learning about it exploring what works and doesn't work. Now 15 years later it is the same old mundane thing and while comfortable doesn't have the same sense of wonder and excitement it once held. Sometimes you have to spice things up and try new things create new memories or you get stuck forever searching for the feeling those first days held.

Most of us already lived the progression from rsc to rs2 etc and that is why I am constantly pushing for original ideas that take a new path, add a new sense of excitement to the game. Do I like quests? No but I would play the hell out of a new quest line because it is something new in a game world I love. Give us new areas, new npcs, maybe a new skill or 2, or perhaps branches off skills once you reach 99 that unlocks new content, take the game in new directions while keeping the fundamentals the same and watch people become excited about the game again as the sense of wonder returns.

Last edited by Ghasp (12 Oct 2016 09:31)

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Ched Urcheez Send PM

subscriber

This game is too small give us more armor more weapons hell rune is the best armor in game and you can get 40 defense and 200k to buy it in a single day...

Fight the boy become the man. Sit and watch as the young grow old

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

+1 RSCR needs new stuff I only play RSC for pking so new stuff would just make it funner.

+1

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Drunkn Minor Send PM

I wish when you trained range you could just equip the now and constantly shoot it. Also ranged armour would be good to add.

Slayer would make some days better but I never was a fan.

More dragon weapons and armour. That is just common sense. Max level players shouldn't be wearing the same armour as my level 72.

And it would be cool to have some original bosses or quests. But my main desire is more armour. Like dragonscale and dragon armour/weapons