PKing is spoilt to keep a few happy

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

As a new player I joined here, trained my character and go and PK, I go fight someone(great big_smile) then boom, here comes their next character! or another two characters of theirs.

How exactly is it excepted for this game to ever attract new people when it's impossible as a new person to PK.

Do you expect me to first train up 10-20 characters?

I understand as admins etc you are trying to keep players happy, but there's times the game is more important than going with a poll of a few existing players etc

It seems you're trying to keep a handful of people happy by letting them do it, while hurting everyone else and certainly anyone new joining.

The ridiculous thing is these same players doing the mass multi logging are the same ones who complain the wilderness is dead etc, but it's as a result of them.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

revchars00 Send PM

subscriber

It's just a big circle. People started to multi log and park chars to compete with larger teams. But then get to competitive and do it do smaller teams or ppl they hold grudges against. Then it gets done back and blah blah blah ever revolving circle.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Nyx said:

As a new player I joined here, trained my character and go and PK, I go fight someone(great big_smile) then boom, here comes their next character! or another two characters of theirs.

How exactly is it excepted for this game to ever attract new people when it's impossible as a new person to PK.

I understand as admins etc you are trying to keep players happy, but there's times the game is more important than going with a poll of a few existing players etc

It seems you're trying to keep a handful of people happy by letting them do it, while hurting everyone else and certainly anyone new joining.

The ridiculous thing is these same players doing the mass multi logging are the same ones who complain the wilderness is dead etc, but it's as a result of them.

I am aware of this situation but I havent figured out a way to fix it, restricting wilderness doesn't seem like a good idea.

Player avatar

Ched Urcheez Send PM

subscriber

Nom restrict account limitations. Even if they use several different emails to create 10 forum accounts and 60 characters their IP address and internet service provider would be the same and even if they used a program to switch up IP address a app tracker like the ones MySpace used might work

Fight the boy become the man. Sit and watch as the young grow old

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

I think the fairest and way to cause least upset, is to have some sort of condition like.

If IP logged in and account is skulled, allow no more to login.

Make them wait out the skull to log another account in, or stay on that account.

Last edited by Nyx (11 Aug 2016 20:30)

Player avatar

Ched Urcheez Send PM

subscriber

I agree on one thing new players at times are overlooked because most of this server is pk oriented I'm not against pking just we need a more skillful playerbase they say the wild Is dead hell the entire game is dead because everyone stays camped in edgeville or wild

Fight the boy become the man. Sit and watch as the young grow old

Player avatar

Mod Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Everyone should keep thinking hard about this problem and how to solve it, maybe we can find a solution together.

One observation though- the PKers often complain that the server is too oriented toward skillers, and the skillers complain it's too oriented toward PKers. As far as I can tell the balance is nearly perfect and n0m is very impressive re: development on both sides.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

MyDanny Send PM

subscriber

One possible solution is to have two worlds, upon login the player can choose which world they want to join. On one world there is pvp and on the other there is not.  Other than that it's a monumental task to determine if there are multilogs due to the use of wifi, multiple devices can be under the same ip. I don't envy the task ahead for you.

[img]http://www.auplod.com/u/uoldap8c27e.png[/img]

Player avatar

r u t h less Send PM

n0m said:

Nyx said:

I am aware of this situation but I havent figured out a way to fix it, restricting wilderness doesn't seem like a good idea.

After 10 mins off being logged in wild you are moved to edgeville which removes parking.

The accounts are parked for pking their is a Grim reaper npc to teleport you to wild to pk so when you're logged for 10 min in wild you logg in right next to npc to get back to wild.

The only con of this is players who Afk in wild will have to walk back up.

Last edited by r u t h less (12 Aug 2016 02:49)

B u b b a

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

I think people are missing what I'm saying.

I'm not saying remove PKing, I'm a PKer, I don't want more skills etc.

Don't really understand why two worlds stop multilogging pking?

The issue is, a new person can't compete and is just set upon by the multilogging, I fight someone fair and then boom their other characters show up.

The game is very against new people, or anyone but a select few with mass characters for multi logging.

The game is really no less in favour of PKing or skilling as the original was, no one is made to go into the wilderness, but those who do should be on a level playing field despite how many characters they have.

Last edited by Nyx (12 Aug 2016 06:21)

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Only possible solution is a new area where people can only 1v1 when in wild. It's a mirror of castle down to edge.

Once attacked by 1 person you cannot be attacked by anyone else til you leave wild.

gg i figured it out.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

The real solution is making it against the rules. rscrevolution has the server exact rule in place, and has had it for many years now.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

GLeU said:

The real solution is making it against the rules. rscrevolution has the server exact rule in place, and has had it for many years now.

Is banning rest of the pkers really a solution? I don't see them stopping multilogging even though a new rule is added.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

GLeU said:

Is banning rest of the pkers really a solution? I don't see them stopping multilogging even though a new rule is added.

You don't have to start off with perm bans n0m. Give players warnings, temp bans, and if they continue perm bans. Any restriction done to the wilderness to prevent this from happening has a negative effect on legitimate players. After the 1st couple get warnings/temp bans people will learn. Doing nothing isnt fixing the issue though.

Player avatar

Unknownx Send PM

subscriber

How about if your IP dies in the wildy, the next character you login to can't attack/be attacked in wildy for 10 minutes.

Makes it so people can't abuse it, because they'd only get 10 minutes of AFK training without dying then have to purposely die and swap characters, but it also completely stops parkers. Of course it won't stop multilogging, but its a start.

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

n0m said:

GLeU said:

You don't have to start off with perm bans n0m. Give players warnings, temp bans, and if they continue perm bans. Any restriction done to the wilderness to prevent this from happening has a negative effect on legitimate players. After the 1st couple get warnings/temp bans people will learn. Doing nothing isnt fixing the issue though.

This

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

r u t h less Send PM

Not sure how this is some huge un-solvable problem...

If your account is logged in wild for more than 5 mins you are moved to lumby..Yes, it will be a pain for some people to walk back to training spots, but overall it will stop camping accounts in wild.

or

The problem is parked accounts not multing...Half the people can't pk on 1 account..Just walking into an area to be piled to shit by a 6 man team who sets 1 memember as bait is the real problem.

Make sure the is a timer on portal to wilderness when logging in so huge teams will be seen camping Edge.

B u b b a

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Fixing this regardless will upset 10 or so players, but make the game much better for the future, especially for new people. The game isn't motivating to train for a new person just to be multi logged against.

Player avatar

Imperia Send PM

subscriber

Its really funny, today i offered fight them 1x1 and 1 by 1, all i get was they jumped 4 on me using godmage. i came back, tryed to talk with em, so they logged their chars again and jumped on me again. Is it fun to pk like this? i pk solo most of the time, and get jumped by 4 or 5 persons like this everytime just makes me do not want to pk and waste suplies. And i still wonder do i even wanna go and play, coz i dont grind skills, just doing pk activities. For me this kind of pking is pathetic. smile Good luck finding someone to pj and outnumber smile

Baltic Alliance Liths Squad

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Imperia said:

Its really funny, today i offered fight them 1x1 and 1 by 1, all i get was they jumped 4 on me using godmage. i came back, tryed to talk with em, so they logged their chars again and jumped on me again. Is it fun to pk like this? i pk solo most of the time, and get jumped by 4 or 5 persons like this everytime just makes me do not want to pk and waste suplies. And i still wonder do i even wanna go and play, coz i dont grind skills, just doing pk activities. For me this kind of pking is pathetic. smile Good luck finding someone to pj and outnumber smile

Very much the same for me, or I will attack someone fight them, then there next av just logs in? why did I even bother training character or making effort? can't win and no fun.