I had an idea for a RSCR tournament.

Player avatar

B U B B A Send PM

subscriber

Ghasp said:

B U B B A said:

S O B BSpace said:

I think this is a great idea that could go several ways.

Like others said, no need for a cash prize.

Run this thing every week, maybe have it start on different days in case people can't get on that particular last day.

Have different objectives every week!

1v1 last man standing tournament
Highest smithing experience at the end of the week.
Complete every quest week.
Hits challenge:  Who can get the most hits xp in a week.
Skill total:  Highest skill total in a week
Etc.

Make the prizes unique none-tradeable rares, custom capes, clothing, etc.  You can tweak XP rates, drop rates, etc. depending on the challenge.

Great idea Fate!

Hands down that idea is useless for any PKER to join the event...
-----------------------------------------------
-Not going to waste play time on a tourney to receive an item on the real game I cannot trade for pk supplies.
-Only way I would join is if Prize translates to In-game rares on the actual game.(or the amount of xp I train on that server is put into a formula and xfered over to the real game)
-Or given an option to --Have pk supplies or Rare(Phat) or Skilling supplies
-team of 3's or 5's or 2's would be better
----
125 dollars a contest would be better.(I'm sure you can get some random people logging in trying to win every week)

Make the prizes reflect what the challenge is for... pk event pk supplies, skillng event skilling supplies etc etc

+1

[img]http://i.imgur.com/DLqmWq1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

Sounds awesome but dout ID partisapate

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

Turilas Send PM

subscriber

To succeed in this kind of tournament would likely demand such enormous no-lifing that I personally would not have it in me though it is a very cool idea.

The whole-map PVP idea has been floating about for a while now anyway and I hope it will be implemented in some form eventually.

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

What about 4 days and 20x rate?

Prize: Mask set (for first tournament). If successful maybe a phat set for the next.

About the 500 dollars, i were thinking we save a percentage of the donation money and put aside for this tournament to build a tournament prize. I don't think it's bad to get some real life money for all the effort you put in.

I also had another idea, What if we create a bracket (64 players (invited)). Where we have 1v1 fights till we reach a winner. This could be hosted with decided level every second week by using donated in-game items for this kind of tournament. Tournament level and invited players are announced 1 week before tournament starts so you can build your character.

The bracket can be visual on the website with how it's progressing. (Winner, loser, bracket stages etc). as well as giving the winner a medal of some sort tied to the forum account or a separate table for the tournament winner or maybe not a medal... A Thropy (bronze, silver and gold).

EDIT: now when im thinking of a prize maybe the invited players have to make a buy-in on 100k GP (64 players * 100k = 6.4 million).

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

I'm also thinking if we should make a League.. Where YOU create 5 man team and we create matches 5v5 and keep stats of each match hosted for a month. The 8 best teams advance to play offs. Quarter-semi-final.

Of course this will have a proper table and statistics and separate page for everyone to visit at anytime on our website. This wont be a news post where we list teams with text... It should be a real smell of tournament athmosphere.

If anyone would be up for the task to comentate each match (yes i know im going very far with this) but as commentators, then we could host the matches on a streaming site... Not twitch though as we would get banned within a second, but maybe www.hitbox.tv or so.

If any of these tournaments mentioned are a success, then we could even create a VIEWER TV client where u can watch the matches/fights however you like. The TV Client can have features like "Go to player", "Teleport here" etc. Also called Spectator.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

Mod Jax Send PM

Fate said:

What about 4 days and 20x rate?

Prize: Mask set (for first tournament). If successful maybe a phat set for the next.

About the 500 dollars, i were thinking we save a percentage of the donation money and put aside for this tournament to build a tournament prize. I don't think it's bad to get some real life help for all the effort you put in.

I also had another idea, What if we create a bracket (64 players (invited)). Where we have 1v1 fights till we reach a winner. This could be hosted with decided level every second week by using donated in-game items for this kind of tournament. Tournament level and invited players are announced 1 week before tournament starts so you can build your character.

The bracket can be visual on the website with how it's progressing. (Winner, loser, bracket stages etc). as well as giving the winner a medal of some sort tied to the forum account or a separate table for the tournament winner or maybe not a medal... A Thropy (bronze, silver and gold).

I like 4/5 days of 20/25x, keeping in mind people will have to grind everything in that time.. Herblaw, cooking, fishing, combat, mining, smithing, collect runes.
I understood what the players are saying about the real money; like-wise, much smaller prizes of like 25-50$ and something in-game could still be a huge inventive.

I really like the idea of running tournaments with in-game prizes as well as something for the achievement. Even trophies or a banner that states somewhere how many times that person has won, or even just a banner of current tournament champion.

I can tell you I would be participating in both, but that 1st tournament sounds insanely fun. With a prize such as 50$ and/or in-game prizes, this could very rewarding while having a lot of fun!

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Honestly your idea of 500$ tourny isnt a bad idea. especially if you set the exp rates, so people would buy subs for the event. if you got 100 players to partake in the event, and each bought 1 5$ sub. the tournament basically paid for its self. could be 4 day event with 16x and 20x if your subbed. but i very much strongly recommend a 1 account per IP rule put in place. and anyone caught breaking it is disqualified. this would take some extra moderating, but it is very doable.

Player avatar

Mod Jax Send PM

I do agree with the 1 account per IP rule. However, If we made that happen be aware, people could not join with their friends or family who share the same IP.
And +1 I would like to see people still buying subs for the advantage it would give them.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Mod Jax said:

I do agree with the 1 account per IP rule. However, If we made that happen be aware, people could not join with their friends or family who share the same IP.
And +1 I would like to see people still buying subs for the advantage it would give them.

if you dont, people like jedi will run 6 accounts, and be 6 times more likely to win the prize vs say someone who runs android, and can only 1 cilent.

Player avatar

H e e z y Send PM

subscriber

Sounds good. I like the real cash prize idea, $500 may be a bit mch though.

Player avatar

Teemu Send PM

betasubscriber

lets do this!

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/2mq3w39.jpg[/img]
[img]http://pove.arkku.net/upload/uploads/teamfin.png[/img]

Player avatar

Kasuk Send PM

subscriber

Let me know when this happens... I'll take off work,  stock redbull, and never be offline.  :'^)

Player avatar

Mod Jax Send PM

Kasuk said:

Let me know when this happens... I'll take off work,  stock redbull, and never be offline.  :'^)

Could be a nice way to use a week of vacation. Hihi. xD

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Mod Jax said:

Same IP people could indeed share an account which may give them the ability to lvl up faster so they may not be completely cut out of the competition.

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Teemu Send PM

betasubscriber

Woulda make offical team matches too, no reward needed lol

Player avatar

B U B B A Send PM

subscriber

Make a 2nd servers for pking and the team with the most pk's vs other clans wins. Then a mini battle between those Clan members

[img]http://i.imgur.com/DLqmWq1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Teemu Send PM

betasubscriber

B U B B A said:

Make a 2nd servers for pking and the team with the most pk's vs other clans wins. Then a mini battle between those Clan members

Player avatar

r u t h less Send PM

Teemu said:

B U B B A said:

B u b b a

Player avatar

PALLO Send PM

subscriber

H e e z y said:

Sounds good. I like the real cash prize idea, $500 may be a bit mch though.

$5K  obv

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

An idea for a second world tournament: Second world opens, people have 48 hours to train chars. Experience rates are triple the normal RSCR world rates. At the end of the second day the world becomes just the wilderness with no level restrictions and players distributed randomly around it (away from NPCs/obstacles). The person with the most unique kills at the end of the 72nd hour is the big winner. The person with the highest skill level, with xp as a tiebreaker, will win a lesser prize.

The only bank in the game after the 48th hour is the one in the mage bank, so you'll either need to be really sneaky or have your team there to get you in. Once you're in the mage bank you're safe (only noncombat area in world after 48th hour), EXCEPT you will take damage 5 hp per second after being down there for 60 seconds so get your food and pots quickly. There will be a lever in the mage bank, when you pull it you will be teleported randomly back into the wilderness somewhere (away from NPCs/obstacles) (maybe you get to pick Northeast/Southwest quadrants of wilderness to teleport to). You only have 10 lives from after the 48th hour; if you die a tenth time, you will not be able to log back in (or you'll be turned into a ghost that can spectate).

What you think?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol